Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sigh. Another RB in the first 4 rounds. With our last 3 picks we have taken a safety, a backup DT, and a backup RB.

Happy...Beane said today would be used for depth and immediate Special Teams contributors.  We did need another RB...and Davis should be a nice compliment to Cook.  Jeremiah just said he was his 3rd ranked RB in this draft.  We still have 6 picks.  Let's see where Beane goes from here.  BTW...I expect to see Carter on the field a lot this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So probably not a guy you'll sign again.

Yep would almost certainly be the case for any RB that is drafted, so the age doesn't really matter

Edited by buffblue

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Davis was my 14th best available for what its worth. Faster Zack Moss. He is a compact, contact runner but he has more burst than Moss ever had. I suppose sensible compliment to Cook.

It just feels like a lot of RBs with that kind of profile are still on the board. Wait until the late 5th to take one.

Niners trade up for the home-run back Guerendo.

FWIW Tracy was my sleeper because he can be deployed a lot like Cook, he's just heavier and stronger. Has some WR experience.

Edited by Ralonzo

This is the most “meh, ok” draft I can remember in a while. 

I get what they’re doing.  Every pick makes sense.  It’s just plugging holes with good players.  

Good players haven’t been the issue.  

Was probably a dream to think they would find a way to get better this off-season. 

Very stagnant roster construction so far, while the Jets (by default), Chiefs, Ravens and Texans all got better. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

I know Beane said he wasn’t trading up in the 4th, but it’s a little disappointing.  Is he really going to make 4 5th rd picks?  We still have needs at Edge, CB, OL and WR so maybe.

Wow. Well if we still have all those needs it's really convenient we still have all those picks. 

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Lotta mileage and gonna be 25 in November.  Maybe Buddy Nix helped with the board this year in a consultant-type role. 

Not sure that matters. More likely than not he's gonna play 4 years and then he'll be gone. You're still getting his best years.