Bills to allow one member of Bills Mafia to select a player in the draft this year (April Fool's?)

Logic

Mafia drops down from the ceiling and crashes through a flaming table….while eating a chicken wing.

“Howdy folks, and welcome to the Bills 7th round selection!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am going to announce it in Korean and no one will know until the name banner comes up.

In the army I hated calling cadence, the call-and-response songs we sing to keep soldiers in step when marching or running.  So once when I was stationed in Korea, I learned some Korean cadences from the Korean soldiers serving with us.  Korean cadences sound odd and unrhythmic to an American audience.  And that's what I sang when the commanding officer called on me to sing cadence.  He never called on me again.    

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

In the army I hated calling cadence, the call-and-response songs we sing to keep soldiers in step when marching or running.  So once when I was stationed in Korea, I learned some Korean cadences from the Korean soldiers serving with us.  Korean cadences sound odd and unrhythmic to an American audience.  And that's what I sang when the commanding officer called on me to sing cadence.  He never called on me again.    

My dad was stationed in Korea and I lived there for a few years.  Yongsan?

58 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My dad was stationed in Korea and I lived there for a few years.  Yongsan?

I was at Camp Casey in Tong-du-chon (aka Dongducheon), about an hour north of Seoul.  I visited Yongsan a few times.  It was where the 8th Army was headquartered.  

In 1988, before credit cards were commonly accepted in Korea, you had to carry cash.  One time - long story - I found myself broke in Seoul on a Sunday evening with no way to get back to Camp Casey.  So I went to Yongsan, where there was a cashier's booth where I could maybe cash a check, hoping and praying it would be open late on a Sunday.

From what I understand, the U.S. garrison that was once there is now gone.  I loved serving in Korea and still love Korean food.  That was one of the best years of my life.  What was it like to live there as a kid?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am going to announce it in Korean and no one will know until the name banner comes up.

When speaking Korean do you translate English proper nouns?  I am confused, cheese-ssi.

How do you say "Marvin Harrison Junior, Ohio State" in Korean?

Or are you just going to say it in a crude asian-stereotype accent?

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

When speaking Korean do you translate English proper nouns?  I am confused, cheese-ssi.

How do you say "Marvin Harrison Junior, Ohio State" in Korean?

버팔로 빌스, 오하이오주 출신 마빈 해리슨 주니어 선택

beopallo bilseu, ohaioju chulsin mabin haeliseun junieo seontaeg

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I was at Camp Casey in Tong-du-chon (aka Dongducheon), about an hour north of Seoul.  I visited Yongsan a few times.  It was where the 8th Army was headquartered.  

In 1988, before credit cards were commonly accepted in Korea, you had to carry cash.  One time - long story - I found myself broke in Seoul on a Sunday evening with no way to get back to Camp Casey.  So I went to Yongsan, where there was a cashier's booth where I could maybe cash a check, hoping and praying it would be open late on a Sunday.

From what I understand, the U.S. garrison that was once there is now gone.  I loved serving in Korea and still love Korean food.  That was one of the best years of my life.  What was it like to live there as a kid?

I don't remember much of it at all.  I was very young.

I just remember my brother was picked up by Military Police because he was throwing rocks at the street lamps because there was an eclipse coming....he wanted to make it as dark as possible.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Did you click on the "Rules"?

Haha. Nope. I just figured "this is a clear April Fool's joke" and it didn't spend much more time on it. Are they amusing?

Edited by Logic

21 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

April Fools Joke GIF

hahaha I saw one where a there was a  box of Crispy Kremes  and you open it there was a veggies tray

bait and switch baastids LOL

and as far as the contest I think this is an awesome idea. Remember when they allowed Pancho Billa up on stage to announce a Pick. here it is and a great pick it was. 

Edited by muppy

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

So the name actually changes and would remain the English name? 

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

So the name actually changes and would remain the English name?