Police searching for Rashee Rice in connection to accident - Now officially charged

SCBills

1 hour ago, chongli said:

A reporter for the Kansas City Star is urging that Rice be cut or traded. He says, in addition to the crash, narcotics, and disregarding his victims, he left his playbook in the car.

"If those actions weren’t egregious enough, a Chiefs playbook was also left behind, according to The Star. In pro sports, a team’s playbook is sacred. Not only did Rice show disregard for public safety — he is fortunate he didn’t seriously injure someone or himself — his blatant disregard for important team documents should be a fireable offense."

Oh, now THAT'S serious. 

Throw your pregnant girlfriend around 'like a ragdoll', punch her in the face, repeatedly punch her in the stomach, and choke her?  "Tyreek Hill, you're going to be a Kansas City Chief!"  Allegedly break your son's arm?  "This is our year, just catch the ball and run fast, fella."

Leave a bar, get in your car, drive 50 miles over the speed limit, cause a multi-vehicle pile-up and injuries, leave the scene, and get charged with 8 felonies - No Big Deal.

Leave your Chiefs team playbook in the wrecked car?  CUT THE BASTARD!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

A reporter for the Kansas City Star is urging that Rice be cut or traded. He says, in addition to the crash, narcotics, and disregarding his victims, he left his playbook in the car.

"If those actions weren’t egregious enough, a Chiefs playbook was also left behind, according to The Star. In pro sports, a team’s playbook is sacred. Not only did Rice show disregard for public safety — he is fortunate he didn’t seriously injure someone or himself — his blatant disregard for important team documents should be a fireable offense."

I’m thinking the opposite with this revelation. While out partying in the offseason he has his playbook with him? That’s dedication to the craft! They’re keeping him now for sure. 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, chongli said:

oh the humanity....

17 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Willie Gay 

And Shady McCoy---don't forget him!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

and Charles Omenihu....

and Frank Clark....

and Tyreek Hill....

and Jovan Belcher....

and Andy "The Enabler" Reid...

von miller

shady mccoy

Tyrel Dodson 

at least the Chiefs criminals help them win Lombardis…

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

von miller

shady mccoy

Tyrel Dodson 

at least the Chiefs criminals help them win Lombardis…

Yes, bad guys (worth noting that McCoy was signed by a prior Bills regime....and subsequently picked by KC).  Does that make the Cheifs reign of terror any better?

Do you ever tire of your schtick?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Yes, bad guys (worth noting that McCoy was signed by a prior Bills regime....and subsequently picked by KC).  Does that make the Cheifs reign of terror any better?

I’ll be dead honest. I’ll take those KC scumbags if it means one Lombardi much less three. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

McCoy worked for this "regime" (not that it matters).

It certainly doesn't make the Chiefs issues "better", but that's not the topic of this discussion.  The point you are raising is that the Chiefs are an extreme outlier.  It's a cliche a lot of posters run to every time any player is charged.  Every team has had a collection of miscreants--so attaching this to one team is pretty dumb. It stems not from cogent analysis, but from getting bested by that team every year, leading to sad sour grapes eating.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McCoy worked for this "regime" (not that it matters).

It certainly doesn't make the Chiefs issues "better", but that's not the topic of this discussion.  The point you are raising is that the Chiefs are an extreme outlier.  It's a cliche a lot of posters run to every time any player is charged.  Every team has had a collection of miscreants--so attaching this to one team is pretty dumb. It stems not from cogent analysis, but from getting bested by that team every year, leading to sad sour grapes eating.

No, I said nothing of the sort.  Didn't mean to trigger you, but thank you - as always - for your, "cogent" and nuanced analysis. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’ll be dead honest. I’ll take those KC scumbags if it means one Lombardi much less three. 

So would every Bills fans. The only people that have problems with players characters on championship teams are people from other fanbases.

2 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Never mind that McCoy was never charged for anything.  

On 4/13/2024 at 1:44 PM, BillsFooteball said:

As they should. It’s a miracle nobody was killed or severely injured from this 

Yeah going back and looking up what happened with Henry Ruggs and he got an indefinite suspension, and while it's clearly not an excuse he was at least extremely impaired when he decided going over 100mph was a good idea, Rice was either sober or avoided being caught not and facilitated not one but two vehicles going 100+ down the road right next to each other. But it's not as bad because nobody died, just like Russian Roulet is only stupid when you lose.

20 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, now THAT'S serious. 

Throw your pregnant girlfriend around 'like a ragdoll', punch her in the face, repeatedly punch her in the stomach, and choke her?  "Tyreek Hill, you're going to be a Kansas City Chief!"  Allegedly break your son's arm?  "This is our year, just catch the ball and run fast, fella."

Leave a bar, get in your car, drive 50 miles over the speed limit, cause a multi-vehicle pile-up and injuries, leave the scene, and get charged with 8 felonies - No Big Deal.

Leave your Chiefs team playbook in the wrecked car?  CUT THE BASTARD!

Recklessly endanger peoples lives meh sounds like a fine, risk the team playbook fire that bastard into the sun!

21 hours ago, 90sBills said:

I’m thinking the opposite with this revelation. While out partying in the offseason he has his playbook with him? That’s dedication to the craft! They’re keeping him now for sure. 

He was studying it while driving, that's why he did not notice how fast he was going.  The other car was just trying to get his attention and tell him that he should slow down.  

37 minutes ago, wppete said:

27 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is not good. Rashee Rice is about to be suspended indefinitely and his playing career may be over depending on how this plays out in court. 

Yeah if how those things lines up is a felony that requires jail time, that's probably what's going to happen I'd think. Whatever DA is over this isn't going to want to look like they're just letting him off because football, especially when he doesn't even play for a Texas team.

The only defense I can think he'd be able to argue is that he wasn't driving, yeah sure 🙄, but I don't know if that'd be enough to keep them from wanting to seem tough on this. Though I guess it gets tough on whether the prosecution thinks they could lose or not.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah if how those things lines up is a felony that requires jail time, that's probably what's going to happen I'd think. Whatever DA is over this isn't going to want to look like they're just letting him off because football, especially when he doesn't even play for a Texas team.

The only defense I can think he'd be able to argue is that he wasn't driving, yeah sure 🙄, but I don't know if that'd be enough to keep them from wanting to seem tough on this. Though I guess it gets tough on whether the prosecution thinks they could lose or not.

I think he already admitted to driving the Lambo. He's in trouble. 

46 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is not good. Rashee Rice is about to be suspended indefinitely and his playing career may be over depending on how this plays out in court. 

He’s an idiot, probably always has been and most likely always will be.   The fact he didn’t kill someone is irrelevant.  He injured people, was knowingly driving recklessly, and knowingly walked from the accident with his posse as if nothing happened.  We all “know” he was stoned or drunk but needed to sleep it off so he did t get totally crushed.  

This is not a boys will be boys case, he didn’t scribble “Joanie loves chachi” on the bathroom wall or tried to sneak - Pepsi into the movies.    He’s a grown ass man, played in a Super Bowl, made endless cash to rent a super car, and drove like a fudging moron!  

Too stupid, self centered, and egotistical to play another snap.  

enjoy prison you POS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

He’s an idiot, probably always has been and most likely always will be.   The fact he didn’t kill someone is irrelevant.  He injured people, was knowingly driving recklessly, and knowingly walked from the accident with his posse as if nothing happened.  We all “know” he was stoned or drunk but needed to sleep it off so he did t get totally crushed. 

The fact he almost killed people is relevant enough. And you're right, he left the scene because he was high. Him and all of his friends were probably high as well, in the Corvette and Lambo. It was a terrible decision by all of those involved, especially in light of the Henry Ruggs and Jalen Carter situations. Now he will have to pay the price. Real life isn't like The Fast & Furious movies. I mean, look at how Paul Walker went out too. Dumb, just dumb. And next up? The consequences. 

22 hours ago, H2o said:

KC definitely going WR at 32. Need to snag one ahead of them at 28, and watch they dont jump us to get our guy (again)

• Agree 1

did he get off easy yet---you know, because he's rich?

how long do they usually wait  before they drop the charges?

On 4/14/2024 at 4:21 PM, Doc said:

Never mind that McCoy was never charged for anything.  

we've already established that's because he's a rich athlete...

23 hours ago, H2o said:

So, 15 to 18 months of jail time, maybe?  Like Britt Reid after handicapping a little girl severely for the rest of her life?

On 4/14/2024 at 5:09 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Are they still looking for him? Could make a video game out of this: “Where in the World is Rashee Rice?”

would you suggest it have a catchy jingle?

• Thank you (+1) 1

And he is being sued for quite a substantial amount now as well. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39950361/lawsuit-seeks-millions-chiefs-rashee-rice-smu-teddy-knox

Rashee Rice and Teddy Knox are being sued in Texas for over $1 million in actual damages and $10 million in punitive damages by two people who say they were injured in a six-vehicle crash March 30 in Dallas.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

So, 15 to 18 months of jail time, maybe?  Like Britt Reid after handicapping a little girl severely for the rest of her life?

That makes me so angry. Absolutely disgusting that this guy is out. Next time he will kill someone and daddy will get him off easy again

On 4/14/2024 at 7:48 PM, H2o said:

you’re kidding, right?

He’ll likely get of basically scot-free.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

we've already established that's because he's a rich athlete...

Then why didn't his non-rich friend(s) get charged?  The other guys weren't your average citizens: they were cops.

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

That makes me so angry. Absolutely disgusting that this guy is out. Next time he will kill someone and daddy will get him off easy again

We wholeheartedly agree on this.  

Part of his problem IMHO is that Daddy already got him off twice (that the news media knows of).  In 2007 he was sentenced to 8 to 23 months for running a "drug emporium" out of the Reid residence (he was 22 at the time).  While he was in jail, he was charged in a separate 'road rage' incident for brandishing a gun at another motorist, which, since it was an unlicensed firearm, is a felony.  

He was "diverted" to a drug program after 5 months.  He received probation in the gun charge, and the other party involved settled a lawsuit for an "undisclosed amount".

Who knows how many times he was pulled over and used the "son of famous football coach" card to get off with a warning or nothing?  I'd guess, "a lot".

So as far as I can tell, this guy has been getting in trouble and having his father's money and the best lawyers that money can buy protect him from the consequences of his own actions for 14 years, escalating from brandishing a weapon at another motorist, to using a car as a weapon by getting drunk in the Chiefs facility then driving it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Then why didn't his non-rich friend(s) get charged?  The other guys weren't your average citizens: they were cops.

Being rich and famous can definitely work against you in cases like this.  There is some merit to the thought that there is a tendency in our legal system to make examples out of people with handing out the strictest punish possible allowed by the crime committed.  I'm not saying that's the case here but I'll be interested to see what comes of it.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Being rich and famous can definitely work against you in cases like this.  There is some merit to the thought that there is a tendency in our legal system to make examples out of people with handing out the strictest punish possible allowed by the crime committed.  I'm not saying that's the case here but I'll be interested to see what comes of it.

Being rich can certainly help you when the aggrieved party isn't rich.  But this case has numerous aspects where Rice won't be able to skate so easily.  My point with Shady's case is that it involved cops and no DA would favor a rich athlete over his own guys.  Much less the non-rich friend(s) who were mostly involved in the bar fight.  You know they investigated it to the fullest extent possible and found nothing to charge anyone with.