Arik Armstead released, signs with Jax

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If I have to spell it out for you I will

We do not have a personnel problem on defense. Our defense routinely bodybags the regular season. We have a postseason coaching/philosophy problem on defense

this may be part of the problem for sure. Getting a player who has been to multiple Super Bowls from a great defense can certainly help 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

with the way we value rotation and versatility on the DL Beane was probably going crazy when he found out about Armstead.  

Not to mention the guy is a multi-year team Captain on a great defense & Walter Man of the Year nominee 4 times

Once we hear his best offer, Beane can pull whatever levers are needed

I see you dodged the second part 😆

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Over Oliver? No way.

Like I said if you actually follow football you would know he would be a starter on the Bills. Yes way. 

Add up snap percentage and by the end of the year his would be higher than Olivers or Jones.

Edited by Bag of Milk

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It would have to be a financial sacrifice that would still result in a decent payday, where the payoff is greater domestic happiness, and an appreciative wife. Somehow, I don't find that notion completely impossible to believe. Human flourishing can't just be summed up by  purely economic calculation.

Again, I find it very funny to me how quickly everyone is to once again pile all sorts of money into the Defensive Line after years of running Beane over the coals for it. 

Now it's just like - "big name FA?" 

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Again, I find it very funny to me how quickly everyone is to once again pile all sorts of money into the Defensive Line after years of running Beane over the coals for it. 

What I want are difference makers. If we can add one that makes a difference on the DL, and grab another at WR in the draft, I think I'm okay with that.

And probably it won't happen, but you know, life is too short not to have fun with something that doesn't really cost anything but permitting a little bit of hope, even if it's unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

In the eternal battle between Warriorspikes51 and BillsFanForever19, I think you have more ammo than usual on this one.

Post of the day goes to you sir!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It would have to be a financial sacrifice that would still result in a decent payday, where the payoff is greater domestic happiness, and an appreciative wife. Somehow, I don't find that notion completely impossible to believe. Human flourishing can't just be summed up by  purely economic calculation.

💯 great post.  

His family and future generations are set for life.  If you reach that point in life, I feel one should live where they can spend as much time as possible with their loved ones.  

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

What I want are difference makers. If we can add one that makes a difference on the DL, and grab another at WR in the draft, I think I'm okay with that.

And probably it won't happen, but you know, life is too short not to have fun with something that doesn't really cost anything but permitting a little bit of hope, even if it's unlikely. 

Not on @BillsFanForever19’s watch!!  He’s got this on lockdown my man!!  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Also,despite being injured he still had 8 or 9 pressures, so there's that.

Armstead WOULD be starting.

yes I think this is true as well. or at least getting i higher percentage of snaps due his very good abilities to play all  along the line

This one would have me (GM) thinking pretty hard. Even at 31

If he is back to completely healthy ? have to look hard at this one

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

A couple true Alpha difference makers vs. Rotating JAG's would be nice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean the guy is a good player but how many Dlineman do we need? Seriously..it’s nice to have these guys buy you have a lot of holes. I truly don’t even want this guy if not only because we need too much. You 

They do need an upgrade there and Armstead is a massive talent upgrade. IMO, there are two ways to beat Mahomes…sack him or score 60

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

💯 great post.  

His family and future generations are set for life.  If you reach that point in life, I feel one should live where they can spend as much time as possible with their loved ones.  

Not on @BillsFanForever19’s watch!!  He’s got this on lockdown my man!!  

If that's what Beane chooses to do, hey, it's his team. I wouldn't hate having him on the team.

But if we've got the money to match the best offer in a 10 team market battle for a big star like Armstead - than that's money that should go to an Offensive piece, in my opinion.

The board has been saying that for years. It's wild to me that everyone's now doing a 180.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The two WRs can and should come from the draft

Hey i didnt get on the chargers' Mike Williams Band wagon...yet

:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Like I said if you actually follow football you would know he would be a starter on the Bills. Yes way. 

Add up snap percentage and by the end of the year his would be higher than Olivers or Jones.

He is not going to outsnap Ed Oliver.

Oliver lead our team in snaps last year as a 25 year old.

A 30 year old DT is not coming in and becoming our snap count leader.  It will be Ed Oliver again, especially after his breakout year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hey - loosen up Mr. tight azz. Everybody has a right to dream a little. This is highly unlikely. But it's still fun to contemplate. It's what's great about sports. You must be great at parity's. I'm sure you've never bought a lotto ticket and dreamed a little? Go watch C-Span or something.    

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean the guy is a good player but how many Dlineman do we need? Seriously..it’s nice to have these guys buy you have a lot of holes. I truly don’t even want this guy if not only because we need too much. You 

He’s a beast when healthy. Problem being, he hasn’t been very healthy for the last couple years.  Battling numerous nagging injuries.  He’s a massive man.  Might be the body is breaking down.  

that said, he’s a beast when healthy and can be moved all around the line.  4th and short- Rousseau-Oliver-Daquan-Armstead.  Oh my 

would he take 5M to play 50% of the snaps?

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’s a beast when healthy. Problem being, he hasn’t been very healthy for the last couple years.  Battling numerous nagging injuries.  He’s a massive man.  Might be the body is breaking down.  

that said, he’s a beast when healthy and can be moved all around the line.  4th and short- Armstead-Oliver-Daquan-Armstead.  Oh my 

He can play multiple positions at the same time?!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

that said, he’s a beast when healthy and can be moved all around the line.  4th and short- Armstead-Oliver-Daquan-Armstead.  Oh my 

he’s so good you cloned him to play both DE spots😎

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He is not going to outsnap Ed Oliver.

Oliver lead our team in snaps last year as a 25 year old.

A 30 year old DT is not coming in and becoming our snap count leader.  It will be Ed Oliver again, especially after his breakout year.

No . Nor should he

But he might well be next in line for snap counts, due to versatility ?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

spending what little cap we have left on an old defensive lineman how original

Seriously.  As if Beane would EVER spend money on an old defensive lineman!!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d guess 3 years for 36 Million with incentives to 42 is a good offer. We’d add void years and bring the hit down this year

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'd be surprised if the Bills signed him.  It doesn't seem like a fit given their current cap situation.

Agreed. And they are already paying Oliver and jones pretty well

Hard to imagine they pay good money to 3 DTs in a tight cap situation 

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If that's what Beane chooses to do, hey, it's his team. I wouldn't hate having him on the team.

But if we've got the money to match the best offer in a 10 team market battle for a big star like Armstead - than that's money that should go to an Offensive piece, in my opinion.

The board has been saying that for years. It's wild to me that everyone's now doing a 180.

I don’t think anyone is thinking that we’ll be matching any best offer for Armstead.  If you’ve made 80M in your career and had an opportunity to take a job in the same city as your wife’s medical practice and her family, would you?  I would assume she would love that.  Some hubbys do what makes their wives happy.  They’re swimming in $ already.  Happiness.

Jordan Poyer has made a fraction of what Armstead has made in his career and he signed a 2M deal to play in the city where his family lives.  I bet he could’ve gotten more than 2M on the open market.  But he didn’t care about the money in this case.  He wanted to be home with his family.  Maybe Armstead feels the same

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Where are you getting ten teams competing for him from? Besides, we have zero depth at DT. I’m sorry but a draft pick isn’t going to be much of a difference maker.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Seriously.  As if Beane would EVER spend money on an old defensive lineman!!

Yes everyone knows adding old defensive lineman w super bowl pedigree like von Miller and linval Joseph is how you win championships

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’d guess 3 years for 36 Million with incentives to 42 is a good offer. We’d add void years and bring the hit down this year

Nah, I wouldn’t pay him that much.  Not even close.  Dude is always broken.  

• Like (+1) 1