Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

When did he rape someone?

College.  Allegedly of course.  We will never know for sure since Florida State and the local police buried the investigation.  

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Imo the Bills aren’t going to sign a top level FA WR. I expect them to draft two by the mid rounds 

The problem is that there really aren’t any top level FA WRs. I’d rather the Bills sit this one out than pay Gabe Davis $13M a season. 

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Feels like the Commanders aren't gonna have anyone on their team from last year at this rate. They're grabbing everybody. 

Overcompensating for getting spurned by their top two HC choices. Kind of like "short" guys who drive big trucks. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No worries friends Christian Wilkins will be taking his defensive line techniques to the Raiders making Pat Mahomes job much harder I’m sure. 

Yeah, he could be a real handful for Mahomes.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

He prefers to return to Jacksonville? Damn. That would be a lot of money the past couple of seasons going to Ridley, Kirk, and Davis. I'd have figured he'd want to go somewhere less crowded. Though if the options for top pay are Jacksonville and New England - can't say I blame him.

I will say that when it comes to the unknown, unnamed "dark horse" team - that very well could be us. That's what we were described as  in the Von Miller sweepstakes. Beane keeps things so close to the vest that the media doesn't know what we're doing until we do it.

That said, with the latest on Ridley being he's debating between the Jags and the Pats since - my guess is if we were the "dark horse" team, it wasn't the top paying option.

It's clear that the WR class in the Draft is complicating Free Agent WR's. Most teams, us included, are hesitant to pay the price tags on these top guys when you can just Draft a guy who could likely be even better for a fraction of the price.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He prefers to return to Jacksonville? Damn. That would be a lot of money the past couple of seasons going to Ridley, Kirk, and Davis. I'd have figured he'd want to go somewhere less crowded. Though if the options for top pay are Jacksonville and New England - can't say I blame him.

I will say that when it comes to the unknown, unnamed "dark horse" team - that very well could be us. That's what we were described as  in the Von Miller sweepstakes. Beane keeps things so close to the vest that the media doesn't know what we're doing until we do it.

That said, with the latest on Ridley being he's debating between the Jags and the Pats since - my guess is if we were the "dark horse" team, it wasn't the top paying option.

It's clear that the WR class in the Draft is complicating Free Agent WR's. Most teams, us included, are hesitant to pay the price tags on these top guys when you can just Draft a guy who could likely be even better.

Jags are pussyfooting.  Apparently, if they sign Ridley prior to the start of the league year, they have to give Atlanta a 2nd round pick (per the initial trade agreement).  If however, he is signed after the start of the league year, the compensation is only a 3rd round pick.  Shefter was talking about this today on NFL Live.

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Jags are pussyfooting.  Apparently, if they sign Ridley prior to the start of the league year, they have to give Atlanta a 2nd round pick (per the initial trade agreement).  If however, he is signed after the start of the league year, the compensation is only a 3rd round pick.  Shefter was talking about this today on NFL Live.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I'd expect them he's probably already agreed to come back - it just won't be done until after today.

2 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Weather and taxes is probably Ridleys thought

That is if our offer is even with Jacksonville's - which i'd be surprised if it were.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I'd expect them he's probably already agreed to come back - it just won't be done until after today.

That is if our offer is even with Jacksonville's - which i'd be surprised if it were.

Jaguars likely not taking a WR ahead of the Bills now  with Davis and Ridley on deck …

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Jaguars likely not taking a WR ahead of the Bills now  with Davis and Ridley on deck …

Oh for sure! That's a thought I had after they signed Davis and especially if they sign Ridley. I think we all had Jacksonville penciled in at WR at 17. That's effectively not a thought anymore, which is huge for us.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Why does everyone keep overlooking Zay Jones like he's not the top WR on that team? :huh:

I KEED, I keed :lol:

23 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Did I miss something?

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Did I miss something?

I'm referring to the possible idea that we're the "Dark Horse" team. And considering the latest update has been that he's debating between Jacksonville and New England, I'm assuming that's where the money is - even if we are the "Dark Horse" team.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

That’s all well and good, but my concern is other WR needy teams jumping the Bills.  I would not be mad if Beane has to move up a bit.  Watching the run last year was painful, though it worked out.

• Agree 2

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

That’s all well and good, but my concern is other WR needy teams jumping the Bills.  I would not be mad if Beane has to move up a bit.  Watching the run last year was painful, though it worked out.

Im moving up two spots ( 4th round comp pick)  for Thomas… if he goes earlier then I’ll ride it out at 28… they will still get a good prospect…

• Like (+1) 1