Next year, it’s our Lombardi.

Beast

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I won’t be surprised.  I know how hard it is to win Super Bowls.  Maybe the niners should fire shanahan.  He’s obviously never going to win one….. he’s had his chance…. No

Yep, that’s exactly what I said. 🙄

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I won’t be surprised.  I know how hard it is to win Super Bowls.  Maybe the niners should fire shanahan.  He’s obviously never going to win one….. he’s had his chance…. No

They probably should fire Shanny lol.

Just now, NewEra said:

Yes, it was sarcasm

I know, what I’m saying is I think they probably should fire Shanny.

I have more faith in the Bills and McD winning one than I do Shanny and the Niners. Part of that is Josh Allen but so what. 

They should probably can Shanny.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I know, what I’m saying is I think they probably should fire Shanny.

I have more faith in the Bills and McD winning one than I do Shanny and the Niners. Part of that is Josh Allen but so what. 

They should probably can Shanny.

Then they’ll need to find a QB. I think shanahan is capable.  He just hasn’t.  

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That's how I feel hit until it breaks, we keep getting shots at it, hurts when we come close and don't make it, but what's the other option give up, ***** that.

You got it.  Anyone who feels otherwise is a quitter.  The reality is that we are very close.  Maybe even one Chris Jones bull rush away from taking them out.  Keep on grinding and whaling away in that rock and it will break.  Just like anything and everything else in life. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Beast said:

Then be little girly boys and whine all year. 

Josh ***** Allen is going to be lifting the Lombardi high a year from now.

You better believe it.

Are we trading Josh?

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You got it.  Anyone who feels otherwise is a quitter.  The reality is that we are very close.  Maybe even one Chris Jones bull rush away from taking them out.  Keep on grinding and whaling away in that rock and it will break.  Just like anything and everything else in life. 

Even thought we are close, we have never been further away. You never tried and tried and tried and still didn’t succeed. Are you 5’8” and have you tried to dunk a basketball?

11 hours ago, Beast said:

Laugh all you ***** want.

The Bills and Bills Mafia will be celebrating our ever living asses off next February.

Just wait and see.

that's the attitude!   I agree!   They'll be right there next year just they have been in recent years.    with some health and a few breaks, I could be us, not them

11 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills and Bills Mafia will be celebrating our ever living asses off next February.

Just wait and see.

Means. with NO money to spend, 100M blackhole in the miller contract, 28 FA's....beane finds a player somewhere that can impact a game like chris jones? Without that guy their defense isn't tops. without him they looked highly beatable and pedestrian. as it sits, we've roasted draft capital on guys that TRULY are JAGs.... ONE player of Jone's magnitude and our defense becomes what it should be. Till we get THAT guy and away from millers contract, the beatings will continue till morale improves. 

53 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Are we trading Josh?

Even thought we are close, we have never been further away. You never tried and tried and tried and still didn’t succeed. Are you 5’8” and have you tried to dunk a basketball?

Quitter. I know what it’s like to lose.  Moreso, I strongly suspect, than just about everyone here.  It hurts.  But the best way to avoid losing again is to get up and chase your goal harder.  I might lose again next time, but it won’t be for lack of effort or desire.   The only thing than one accomplishes by giving up is ensuring that she/he will never meet that goal. 

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Quitter. I know what it’s like to lose.  Moreso, I strongly suspect, than just about everyone here.  It hurts.  But the best way to avoid losing again is to get up and chase your goal harder.  I might lose again next time, but it won’t be for lack of effort or desire.   The only thing than one accomplishes by giving up is ensuring that she/he will never meet that goal. 

The best way to stop losing is to take a step back, realize why you are failing, and come up with a new strategy. The Bills are content with where they are and I expect this team to lose in the playoffs until the direction of the franchise changes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for some of you. Are the Bills good? You bet they are! Are they a Super Bowl winning team? Obviously not. Something has to change. And since we’re DEFINITELY not changing our QB for the next five years, minimum, I’m of the opinion that another significant variable in the equation has to change. And it’s NOT getting a new DT and WR in the draft, although that’ll be a good move. I’ll let you figure out for yourselves which other significant variable doesn’t impact our poor Cap situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills need a radical makeover this off-season.  Just rip the band-aid off, get younger and hope we crush the draft. 

We're not getting over the hump running it back with most of these guys. 

It's bad enough McDermott is leading us into '24, can't have the same guys around Allen that haven't stepped up when it matters for years now.  

If there was any way to trade Diggs I would.. that's the level of change I want to see.  

Watching players up and down the line step up in the Playoffs every year for Kansas City while our guys, for the most part, do the opposite.  We need radical change, not a tinkering. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I believe coaches can improve.  I believe McD has improved.  That’s not to say I think McD is a great coach or will definitely lead us to a SB, I just don’t think the current situation (losing to an all time great dynasty year in year out) is all on McD. 

I’ve been on record in saying that I hoped we had fired McD if we could’ve replaced him with Ben Johnson, but we don’t know if Johnson would’ve even joined us.  Chance could be good.  It could be bad.  I’m not against it.  I’m just not in the camp that McD is and always will be incapable of winning a SB.  

The last paragraph shows that you obviously have a different general level of optimism regarding the team and this regime, so I expect you to feel as you do.  I can understand why you feel like you do.  I just don’t agree with it 💯 

Reid learned about winning in the playoffs from all his experience...much of which was losing.  I think McD is learning.  It would have been interesting to see how things would have played out had the injury bug not hurt the Bills so much.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills need a radical makeover this off-season.  Just rip the band-aid off, get younger and hope we crush the draft. 

We're not getting over the hump running it back with most of these guys. 

It's bad enough McDermott is leading us into '24, can't have the same guys around Allen that haven't stepped up when it matters for years now.  

If there was any way to trade Diggs I would.. that's the level of change I want to see.  

Watching players up and down the line step up in the Playoffs every year for Kansas City while our guys, for the most part, do the opposite.  We need radical change, not a tinkering. 

I agree.  The roster needs to get a lot younger and fresher.  

• Agree 1

Josh Allen will win a superbowl, just not in a Bills uniform.

For reference, the Harlem Globetrotters play an exibition "championship game"  against the Washington Generals.  Even the washington Generals have knotched victories in their history.  

64 seasons, 0 NFL titles.  I love the Bills, will watch them regardless, but have virtually no expectation of a championship.

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Reid learned about winning in the playoffs from all his experience...much of which was losing.  I think McD is learning.  It would have been interesting to see how things would have played out had the injury bug not hurt the Bills so much.

I agree.  The roster needs to get a lot younger and fresher.  

It has already started.  Shakir Kincaid Torrence cook Bernard Benford.  Time to supplement on O and get fresher on D.  We need to nail the draft and maybe lean into a different direction on D (more man next year?) but we are headed in the right direction. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Here is the Bills vs KC

2023 1-1 RS W14(R) W - 20-17; DP(H) L-24-27

2022 1-0 RS W6(R) W - 24-20

2021 1-1 RS W5(R) W - 38-20; DP(R) L 36-42

2020 0-2 RS W6(H) L - 17-26; CC(R) L-24-38

In the last 4 years we are 3-4 against the Chiefs 3-1 RS, 0-3 in the playoffs.  The point differential is -11 (stemming from getting blown out in the 2020 CC). Over the last 3 seasons, we are 3-2 with a +16 pt differential. 

No team is closer to the Chiefs level than us. With a little luck in the health department, we beat the KC this past season.  Add some astute additions by Beane plus a little luck in the health department this coming season, we will be the best team in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

It's frustrating as hell, but the Bills are very close.  They lost a 1-score game to the 2-time Super Bowl champions, with a decimated defense.  Multiple starters were out.  Multiple backups were out.  Third and fourth string players were out there trying to stop the best QB in the world.  They didn't, but they came very close.

I agree that the Chiefs' play calling is better and their kicker is better.  It could be argued that their QB is better in clutch situations.  All that said, with a little bit of injury luck, the Bills might get over the hump.

There were points in the season where I felt McD should be fired at the end of the season, but looking back, and taking a realistic look at what our defensive personnel looked like in the KC playoff game, what would be the better alternative?  I'm not sure that Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, Bill Belichick, Bill Walsh, Don Shula, etc. or any other great coach would have beaten the Chiefs in that playoff game with the defensive personnel the Bills had available.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It has already started.  Shakir Kincaid Torrence cook Bernard Benford.  Time to supplement on O and get fresher on D.  We need to nail the draft and maybe lean into a different direction on D (more man next year?) but we are headed in the right direction. 

I agree.  I'd also like for McD to not rotate as much on the D line so our best players are in the game most downs.  I think players develop more of a rhythm with less rotation.

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Just wait and see.

I too choose optimism. The 2024 Bills are still going to be one heck of an out for ANYONE. Them Bills are due to be on the right side of more than one ‘instant classic’.

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Just wait and see.

Beast -

I agree.  I'm happy with the Bills and what they're doing.  I think they will continue to get better

The simple fact is that, like the Patriots before them, the Chiefs are the best team in the league right now and as they reminded us last week, they ALWAYS are the favorite in big games.  Chiefs showed last night that they're beatable.  They're great finishers, but they can be beaten.  I don't know what the outcome would have been, but I agree with others that with Milano and Bernard in the lineup for the Divisional round last month, the Bills might have been in Las Vegas last night.  

The Bills have been the league's best hope to beat the Chiefs for the past four years.  And for all the people who think McDermott isn't the guy, I just don't get it. There are only a few coaches in the league who consistently win a lot of games and have teams that look like they could be champions.  McDermott, McVay, Shanahan.  I'm not anointing the guy in Detroit until he does it for a few years.  I'm much happier to bet on a coach and a GM who have gotten the Bills consistently close than any guys who may have potential but haven't done it yet.   (McDermott had potential but hadn't done it when he arrived in Buffalo, and he's shown he can win.)  McDermott is closer to being a Super Bowl winner than any other coach or coordinator in the league who's never won one.  

I'm sure McDermott is thinking that he's close and he's going to do it.   Give him a team that's relatively healthy in January (with his top 10 players on the field -  Miller, Milano, Bernard, Oliver, Allen, Diggs, Cook, Kincaid, at least four out of five Oline, something like that), and he'll tell you today he's ready to win it all.  

Two Bills learned a lot last night:  McDermott and Allen.  McDermott learned again that the most important key to stopping Mahomes is the pass rush.  He wanted Miller to harass Mahomes, but he didn't have the real Miller last month.  Allen watched Mahomes and saw what real poise on the field looks like.  He saw the value of superior decision making, play after play.  You know that Allen was watching and thinking, "I can do that."  I think next season we will see the best version of Allen.   He was nearly there this January; he now knows what it feels like, and he's seen Mahomes do it. 

It's all coming. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Nobody here is laughing! The Bills are ranked 4th, behind the Chiefs & Baltimore.

But, they need multiple upgrades starting at the Top in management. The HC is serviceable, but zero match to the greats coaching at season’s end in the Playoffs. He is incapable of thinking through the critical Does & Don’t to close a game, let alone to get that direction to his staff and players.

The HOF QB has multiple receivers with stone hands- including his highly paid #1, who has come up small. Multiple replacements are needed.

The D is a shell of its former self. Never a star, it normally managed to put out sufficient effort. It is saddled with a terrible Albatross of a contract, which people here assured- he’d “come back”.

Come back? He was invisible the entire year. The rest in the Divisional Round, gave up an astonishing 8 yards/ play- I believe. They couldn’t stop the Chiefs at all, causing the Offense to formulate one long TD drive, sucking all time up.

Of course, with McClapper at the helm, that got FUBARed culminating in dude from the Georgia Dome trying to hit a kick in cold, windy OP in January. To say, he’s no Butker is to say nada. Kicked at a 25% rate in the Playoffs, FFS. But,he can only be counted on to put out a Billsy exclamation point to another squandered Season. 

Many holes… as usual.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Nobody here is laughing! The Bills are ranked 4th, behind the Chiefs & Baltimore.

But, they need multiple upgrades starting at the Top in management. The HC is serviceable, but zero match to the greats coaching at season’s end in the Playoffs. He is incapable of thinking through the critical Does & Don’t to close a game, let alone to get that direction to his staff and players.

The HOF QB has multiple receivers with stone hands- including his highly paid #1, who has come up small. Multiple replacements are needed.

(1)  The D is a shell of its former self. Never a star, it normally managed to put out sufficient effort. It is saddled with a terrible Albatross of a contract, which people here assured- he’d “come back”.

Come back? (2)  He was invisible the entire year. The rest in the Divisional Round, gave up an astonishing 8 yards/ play- I believe. They couldn’t stop the Chiefs at all, causing the Offense to formulate one long TD drive, sucking all time up.

Of course, with McClapper at the helm, that got FUBARed culminating in dude from the Georgia Dome trying to hit a kick in cold, windy OP in January. To say, he’s no Butker is to say nada. Kicked at a 25% rate in the Playoffs, FFS. But,he can only be counted on to put out a Billsy exclamation point to another squandered Season. 

(3) Many holes… as usual.

Wow. 

(1)  The defense is one of the best in the league. 

(2)  It typically takes more than a year to recover fully from a torn ACL.  2024 is when we find out what Miller has.  

(3)  The two biggest holes were at linebacker, both caused by injury, both players will be back, in their prime.  

The Bills actually have no holes, at least until there are some free agent departures.  They just have positions they'd like to get better at.  Safety, wide receiver.  Pretty much every team is always looking for another corner back, and better linemen. 

There are at least 20, probably 25 owners who would trade their entire organization for the Bills' organization.  Who's happy with what they have?   Chiefs, 49ers, Ravens, probably the Bengals, maybe the Rams, maybe Jags.   Eagles, Seahawks, Steelers, Cowboys, Dolphins, and pretty much everyone else would trade and have an immediate upgrade at GM, Head coach, and quarterback.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you’re entitled to your opinion as well. Just don’t be surprised when it ends up exactly the same next year. Because….it will. 

I said this exact thing after the SB last year. No doubt in my mind Bills will be in the same spot after next year’s SB.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Curious - what exactly has prompted this feeling? 

Josh Allen.  

Having the understanding that it’s possible to improve

knowing that it’s possible KC loses a piece or two of their puzzle. 

The belief that our offense will be better next season

What prompted you to have zero hope?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Josh Allen.  

Having the understanding that it’s possible to improve

knowing that it’s possible KC loses a piece or two of their puzzle. 

The belief that our offense will be better next season

What prompted you to have zero hope?

Does this same mindset apply only when we play the Chiefs? Because it sure as heck didn’t help when we lost to the Bengals last year. And most likely won’t when we face some other team next season. You HAVE TO be ready in the moment, regardless of the opponent….and under McD the Bills simply haven’t been. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

If it’s not the injuries, it’ll be the refs

if it’s not the refs, it’ll be the defense 

if it’s not the defense, it’ll be the receivers

If it’s not the receivers, it’ll be allen

etc

this is Buffalo bills football

something, somewhere, will always go wrong. Come on guys, don’t kid yourselves; we know this by now! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

I guess all you guys should just skip next year then.

The Chiefs are the best team in the league and with 2 mins left we were about 20 yards away from beating them.  It's not like we're totally outclassed, far from it.  The margin is so small that 1 or 2 plays go differently we win.  I don't know why that doesn't invoke optimism that we can beat them next year.

1 hour ago, BufBills83 said:

The Chiefs are the best team in the league and with 2 mins left we were about 20 yards away from beating them.  It's not like we're totally outclassed, far from it.  The margin is so small that 1 or 2 plays go differently we win.  I don't know why that doesn't invoke optimism that we can beat them next year.

Exactly.

And the reason to be optimistic is that because the margin between how good the Chiefs (and a few other teams) are and how good the Bills are is so small only marginal improvement is necessary to be the best.   So, for example, would you rather be, today, the Bills or the Browns?   Would you rather be, today, the Bills or the Colts?  

Small improvement is all that's necessary.   McBeane aren't limiting their objectives to small improvements only - they'll go big every time it makes sense, like going after Miller.  But all they need is small improvement to be the best team in the league, small compared to how much improvement everyone else has to achieve to be the best.  

Think about the improvement that is reasonable to expect:  Player improvement:   Allen, Cook, Kincaid, Torrence, Bernard, Milano back, Benford, Rapp.  And, yes, the receiving corps will improve.  Coaching will improve.  McDermott improves every season, because he demands it of himself.  Brady is likely to improve (altho Dorsey didn't seem to).  Through film study, the offenses and defenses will be adjusted, everything will be worked on much will improve.  The whole point of McDermott's process is to create year-after-year improvement in all aspects of how the team functions.  

If I own the second or third or fourth best team in the league, I like where I am, because I know that my team has a better chance to become the best than 25 or 28 other teams.  I'm going to keep building on what I have. 

It's like the sign on my buddy's man cave fridge: 'Free beer... tomorrow'

This could be the Bills motto under McD.....Start printing the logo t-shirts

'Buffalo Bills

Next year it's our Lombardi !'

That slogans a real winner....

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.