Considering this season as a whole…

Don Otreply

Things could certainly have gone far worse this season, we were essentially firing blanks as we struggled to get to six and six, to turn that around and get as far as we did was an accomplishment Imo. 

Going forward, I hope to see a couple of above average receivers added to the offense to compliment Diggs and Shakir, I don’t think Davis is back with us next season, even if he is back we need fast and quick wide outs that run a full route tree, well that’s all I’ve got this morning, be positive my fellow Bills fans, it’s not the end of the world. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

There is nothing to be positive about.

Sure there is, we could all be jets or patriots fans, we are kings of the AFCE, 😁👍 remember there are more important things in life than football, be happy we live in the first world, things could be a whole lot worse, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RousseauRage said:

I'm done celebrating participation in the playoffs.

Bwahahahahaha, put on your big boy pants and be happy we have a team that isn’t picking in the top five draft positions every year, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Frankly, stumbling out the gates with that absolute debacle against the Jets set the tone for this season.

Losing against the Pats and then Milano going down pretty much sealed our fate of an early playoff exit.

Leaving 12 men on the field against the Broncos should have been enough to knock us out of the playoffs completely. But we have a Josh.

We are an inconsistent, rollercoaster of a team who plays down to bad teams and bad QBs, and sometimes shows up against decent teams. That's all coaching.

And isnt surprising since we limped into this season without a HC, and ended up with a DC serving as interim HC and a QB coach serving as OC.

I dont see how anything changes next year without a coaching change. McD's message is going to be very stale in that locker room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Bwahahahahaha, put on your big boy pants and be happy we have a team that isn’t picking in the top five draft positions every year, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

At least that would be hope for the future instead of the years of mediocrity. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

GO BILLS!!!

Teams 1-31 in the draft are all the same in one way - they haven’t won a Super Bowl. The Bills look no further forward now than they ever had and other franchises, such as the Texans, are starting to rapidly improve. Considering the QB at their disposal a showing of one Championship game (a loss) from six seasons is ridiculous.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

There is nothing to be positive about.

Then we dont grow as a team.  Purely being a pessimist and ignoring any positives from the year limit growth potential of this team.  

Purely being an optimist limits growth as well.  Understanding the nuance of the year with a level head provides the detailed insight we need on how to improve.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

GO BILLS!!!

Put yours on and demand better. Losing in the divsional round every year isn’t a successful season

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RousseauRage said:

At least that would be hope for the future instead of the years of mediocrity. 

Oh please, 17 year drought was mediocrity, four consecutive AFCE titles is not that by a long shot, buck up and fly right, your whimpering now.

GO BILLS!!!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Teams 1-31 in the draft are all the same in one way - they haven’t won a Super Bowl. The Bills look no further forward now than they ever had and other franchises, such as the Texans, are starting to rapidly improve. Considering the QB at their disposal a showing of one Championship game (a loss) from six seasons is ridiculous.

Silly attitude imo, 

GO BILLS!!!

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Put yours on and demand better. Losing in the divsional round every year isn’t a successful season

Yes it is, 17 year drought was not, how soon do many forget.

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Perfect attitude for justifying the continued squandering of Josh Allen’s career. 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh please, 17 year drought was mediocrity, four consecutive AFCE titles is not that by a long shot, buck up and fly right, your whimpering now.

GO BILLS!!!

Four consecutive AFC East titles when the division became awful because Brady went South. Not impressed by this. We need a Super Bowl win.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Sure there is, we could all be jets or patriots fans, we are kings of the AFCE, 😁👍 remember there are more important things in life than football, be happy we live in the first world, things could be a whole lot worse, 

GO BILLS!!!

You've been hanging around Augie too long.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Things could certainly have gone far worse this season, we were essentially firing blanks as we struggled to get to six and six, to turn that around and get as far as we did was an accomplishment Imo. 

Going forward, I hope to see a couple of above average receivers added to the offense to compliment Diggs and Shakir, I don’t think Davis is back with us next season, even if he is back we need fast and quick wide outs that run a full route tree, well that’s all I’ve got this morning, be positive my fellow Bills fans, it’s not the end of the world. 

GO BILLS!!!

Going 5-0 after dropping to 6-6 was the worst thing that could have happened to us this season because it bought McD at least one more season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Silly attitude imo, 

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

So you are going to be happy when we win 5 straight AFC East titles and lose in the divisional round for the 4th year in a row or extremely frustrated

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Silly attitude imo, 

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

It depends on expectation. In year one, year two even, yes, getting to the Divisional round would have been/is successful. I can appreciate considering the mess the Bills were in at 6-6 that winning the East and getting to the Divisional is quite the recovery. But, with the roster in place and the moves made in season to improve it, is further failure to at least get to the Championship game satisfactory?

Guess that’s down to personal opinion.

When you are on the 6th season of a generational qb like allen any season from year 4 forward that doesn't end in an afccg appearance at minimum is a failure imo..mahomes has been to 5 straight afccg...burrow has been to two and a superbowl appearance.Goff has a superbowl appearance in his first 6 years and is now 1 game away from another....a rookie qb stroud has matched what our coaches could do with allen for the last 3 yrs.....

Edited by Billever76
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

At this point, crashing out in the divisional round when your QB played exceptionally well again, not unlike the last time we played the Chiefs in the divisional round is getting to be really frustrating.

The games are razor thin and being lost in the margins, but I am not exactly sure what they can do to correct it. The teams are so evenly matched the points for/points against are almost identical over the last 6-7 meetings. Bills have to figure out a way to make one more play than the Chiefs. They do it in the regular season pretty routinely, can't seem to do it in the playoffs.

Just now, RousseauRage said:

Four consecutive AFC East titles when the division became awful because Brady went South. Not impressed by this. We need a Super Bowl win.

Boo whooo, buck up dude.

GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

GO BILLS!!!

Congrats on winning a 4 team meaningless regular season crown. 

what has it actually accomplished. 

id rather be the giants who won 2 Superbowls having completely ass regular seasons. 

GO BILLS!!!

Anyone who doesn’t intuitively get this is not worth trying to convince. They have already chosen a path of misery. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RousseauRage said:

Why? Will that make your life better in some way? How does that improve your daily  life. Maybe you need some more hobbies or something? There is a huge difference between need and want.

I want a Super Bowl very badly, but I don’t need one, because I have a family and a life outside of the Bills.  Some might argue I take it too seriously, but it doesn’t define my life. I had a ton of fun watching the Bills this season, and none of that fun has been magically removed from my life. 

• Like (+1) 2

Season as a whole is a failure obviously, at the start with that defense and this offense they should have won the whole damn thing, defense died in London and McDermott began bandaging and puppeteering the corpse from that point on. Offense was captained by a guy wearing a brown paper bag and no eye holes. Replaced halfway but injured #1 weapon and no other outside weapon kept it from being truly dominant.

Season from the Broncos/Eagles game is a success in that there's no way we should have expected to do that with where we were at that point.

But still a failure in the way that if you're not going to make it then in the end all you ever do is damage you're draft position and make next season's games harder. 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Congrats on winning a 4 team meaningless regular season crown. 

what has it actually accomplished. 

id rather be the giants who won 2 Superbowls having completely ass regular seasons. 

I’ll skip the emoji. I just completely disagree with this approach. In fact, it doesn’t sound very healthy to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

I dont know how many seasons we have to see a variation on the theme of the Bills being unprepared for a playoff game.  That's not gonna change.

Allen will be the QB who if he was on another team would already have won the super bowl.  I dont even know who to blame at this point but I bet we see another mcduh draft this year, 3 DL, a corner, i guess a punter and kicker?  oh and maybe a WR in round 6

GO BILLS!!!

It seemed as if the wheels fell off in London and we were dead in the water shortly thereafter.

Kudos to the players and coaching staff for righting the ship but there is obviously a lot more work to do. Overall it has been a disappointing run when you can’t beat teams that also win their divisions and start losing those games at home.

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why? Will that make your life better in some way? How does that improve your daily  life. Maybe you need some more hobbies or something? There is a huge difference between need and want.

I want a Super Bowl very badly, but I don’t need one, because I have a family and a life outside of the Bills.  Some might argue I take it too seriously, but it doesn’t define my life. I had a ton of fun watching the Bills this season, and none of that fun has been magically removed from my life. 

I hate to be that guy, but people like you are really the worst kinds of fans.

It might surprise you, but people do realize that this is just a hobby and it's not important in the grand scheme of things but also have an emotional attachment to the team. You say that some people tell you that you take it too seriously but based on your posts I would bet anything you don't. So enjoy your "perspective". Just know that if the Bills ever win the Super Bowl, it won't ever feel as good to you as it does to many of the rest of us.

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

I hate to be that guy, but people like you are really the worst kinds of fans.

It might surprise you, but people do realize that this is just a hobby and it's not important in the grand scheme of things but also have an emotional attachment to the team. You say that some people tell you that you take it too seriously but based on your posts I would bet anything you don't. So enjoy your "perspective". Just know that if the Bills ever win the Super Bowl, it won't ever feel as good to you as it does to many of the rest of us.

You can either let it make you crazy, or decide to have some balance in life. It’s entertainment that I enjoy very much. At a younger age I didn’t have the same perspective. Now I try to talk my son of the ledge. I’ve matured. 

Oh, and you are not in charge of deciding who the best kind of fans are. And you are not in charge of how I will feel if the Bills win a SB. 

GO BILLS!!!

6/9 in SB's over a 20 year period. With 4 other conference title game appearances. Best QB in history. Along with a top 5 HC in NFL history.

Yeh...who wouldn't want to be a Bills fan over a Pats fan?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.