We will win a Super Bowl here with Josh Allen…

bills6969

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He needs a Super Bowl caliber head coach and team. It's the ultimate team sport.

Josh is off the charts amazing but he's literally expected to do F-ing EVERYTHING.  I'm so sick of watching this clap show.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

There is just no way we would beat that Baltimore team away with this banged up team. They are almost at full strength and have top players all across their roster. 

So it's gutting that we couldn't stick it up Mahomes for the fun of it. But this loss didn't cost us the Superbowl, IMO. 

We were going home next week anyway. I'm certain of it. 

We will only win a SB if we've got a fairly fit squad. This year, sadly, the players had to give too much in too many games late on. 

Edited by Bill Grundy
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

no shot. josh allen is a stupid football player. he lacks the 10% guys like brady, mahomes, and burrow posess. He's gonna Rivers/Marino. When his legs go, he's done. enjoy the next 5 years of AFCE Crowns, Cause that's as far as mcdermott, and josh's brain can and will take them. this is the hard truth we all must accept. 

One of the damned dumbest posts in internet history.

Congratulations, Junior.

27 minutes ago, Beast said:

One of the damned dumbest posts in internet history.

Congratulations, Junior.

Wahhh. Cope, dork. Point out the lie? Where am I inaccurate? McDermott is a mid coach, with less than mid leadership. Allen’s brain goes haywire. Love the guy, but he’s never gonna win one without direction and REAL coaching. Deflect and defend all ya want. Quit being delusional. Truth is what our eyes tell us. Not what you “feel” is gonna happen. 

We're sort of the chargers. We make fun of them and say that they're going to charger but we pretty much do the same. It's pretty predictable at this point. We'll play down to bad teams and lose to them in fact. Well

beat real good teams during the season. We'll have fun stories like "feed the pit" and "no one wants to play buffalo in the playoffs" but the fact may be well get out coached, drop passes, banged up and so on. Like Literally we were all looking at out injury report a week and a half ago and happy how clean it was and it took one game against the Steelers to wipe out our defense. What the hell gives. We watch it year in and year out. Right now we're a joke on the internet. Not that I care exactly but it is telling that everyone sees it. We are Billsy. So as Far as Josh goes. Yeah he's great and all but he can't do it all on his own and this organization won't do much to surround him with help. They'd rather scrape at waivers or sign 3rd wave free agents and co tiniest to tell Josh to win it on his own. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

This team is cursed. No other franchise has gone through the crap this team has. We have had our heat torn out, year after year. There is something wrong with the soul of this team. 

It is called Mediocrity and also that we have the wrong HC and GM to get us the necessary talent to get us over the hump to make it to the next level.

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Definitely not with Sean. But even Josh sometimes has stinker plays that end up costing us. The 2nd and 9 no throw to Diggs on the last drive comes to mind. That is pitch and catch. You have to take that all day unless someone is uncovered in the end zone 

I can’t believe the takes on that play lol. That was Dawkins holding up for 0.1 additional seconds from likely being the game winning td.  Shakir was comically wide open in the end zone and Dawkins got backed into Josh at the last possible moment 

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

It’s going to happen.

I'll go ahead and be that guy. Even though I truly respect your positive outlook.

But at this point the odds are even more against them and we have already spent possibly over half to 3/4 of josh Allen's prime. For the bills to increase their odds from the odds they've had for the past 4-5 years, they will have to seriously hit home runs across the board on draft picks because they have no money to bring in any big names in FA.

He’s still here playing while the other QBs mentioned in this thread are home or haven’t won their divisions let alone a playoff game.  

Burrow can’t stay on the field - does Higgins leave?

Herbert?  Has to deal with Mahomes.  

Lamar?  Same division as Burrow.  

Stroud?  We’ll see how good he is on a post Slowick team.  

Lawrence?  I mean I don’t even know.  

Allen has done more with less than all these QBs have - including Stroud who has nice weapons and a great oline (Tank Dell and Nico - not 1st round picks btw).  

No reason to think this won’t just stay the same but eventually he’s going to play with talent on offense similar to what those teams have.  

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

He’s still here playing while the other QBs mentioned in this thread are home or haven’t won their divisions let alone a playoff game.  

Burrow can’t stay on the field - does Higgins leave?

Herbert?  Has to deal with Mahomes.  

Lamar?  Same division as Burrow.  

Stroud?  We’ll see how good he is on a post Slowick team.  

Lawrence?  I mean I don’t even know.  

Allen has done more with less than all these QBs have - including Stroud who has nice weapons and a great oline (Tank Dell and Nico - not 1st round picks btw).  

No reason to think this won’t just stay the same but eventually he’s going to play with talent on offense similar to what those teams have.  

News here in Cincinnati is that Higgins wants to be a Bengal for life and will be tagged and they will run in back with a healthy Burrow and a 4th-place schedule. 

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

News here in Cincinnati is that Higgins wants to be a Bengal for life and will be tagged and they will run in back with a healthy Burrow and a 4th-place schedule. 

That division isn’t a 4th place schedule and neither is the AFC.  The AFC North plays the NFC East in 2024.  

Bengals are also at the Chiefs and at the Cowboys.  

Yeah, it’s not happening under McD. The defense is “all time” bad after using all of the team’s resources on it. We really couldn’t be in a worse situation with a HC that’s also our DC. There’s no way to fix it.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh is off the charts amazing but he's literally expected to do F-ing EVERYTHING.  I'm so sick of watching this clap show.

Our defensive guru makes Josh change style and tempo at the snap of his fingers at various points of games because he doesn’t want his awful defense on the field. His specialty.

A defensive guru should want Josh to score as quickly as possible so he can get his defense back out there to get a quick stop and then score again!

Edited by Governor

3 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

The Chargers said that w/ Philip Rivers.

Here is the thing that infuriates me with this comparison.

The Bills led by Josh Allen have now made it to the playoffs 5 straight seasons.

The Chargers haven't done that... ever.

Josh Allen has a single player on offense who might make the HOF in Diggs.

Rivers had 1st ballot HOFer Tomlinson and likely 1st ballot HOFer Antonio Gates (we find out soon) along with an amazing gadget guy in Darren Sproles and a really solid #1 WR in Vincent Jackson.

Allen does all the heavy lifting. Rivers did not.

I realize this comparison is going to be made until Allen wins or gets to a Super Bowl, but Allen’s career is so far beyond Rivers the comparison is ridiculous.

Allen will be a 1st ballot HOFer. Rivers will not.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here is the thing that infuriates me with this comparison.

The Bills led by Josh Allen have now made it to the playoffs 5 straight seasons.

The Chargers haven't done that... ever.

Josh Allen has a single player on offense who might make the HOF in Diggs.

Rivers had 1st ballot HOFer Tomlinson and likely 1st ballot HOFer Antonio Gates (we find out soon) along with an amazing gadget guy in Darren Sproles and a really solid #1 WR in Vincent Jackson.

Allen does all the heavy lifting. Rivers did not.

I realize this comparison is going to be made until Allen wins or gets to a Super Bowl, but Allen’s career is so far beyond Rivers the comparison is ridiculous.

Allen will be a 1st ballot HOFer. Rivers will not.

It's NOT about Allen it's about the TEAM (players, coaches, all of it). It's not a shot at Allen & people need to stop being so sensitive about that. The QB is just the way of identifying which Chargers team we're talking about. This TEAM looks more like that TEAM than any Superbowl Winning Team. It's a fair comparison. You can also compare them to the Marino led Dolphins if it makes people feel better. Point is the same the TEAM is talked about as perennial contenders when they're really just perennial pretenders who choke & get exposed every year by the real contenders. Then everyone says "they'll do it next year", except it never ever happens. That is the reality of what this TEAM IS until they win a SB (which right now they can't even reach).

8 hours ago, bills6969 said:

It’s going to happen.

Multiple SBs

I think at least 3, he still has 9 10 elite years, minimum and been a play or 2 away from advancing in the last 3 seasons

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Not with McDermott we aren't.  And for all the picks spent,Beane still hasn't found an Alpha stud on the DL or at WR in the draft.

Oliver is an Alfa stud on the DL. Daquan Jones is an Alpha stud on the DL. 

Yes, the dirth of drafted WRs is discouraging, but the jury on Shakir is still out as he is developing into a star.

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Nnnnnnnn I don't think so. Had a good ish year but was utterly invisible the past two weeks 

Your opinion is worthy, though 2 weeks is quite a knee-jerk reaction. He’s been a special player since he was Drafted as proven by being rewarded with a lucrative 2nd contract. Is he HOF worthy at this time? No, but he’s still young and very good. Would all 31 of other teams would love to have him on their squads? Yes. That's the measure of the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Your opinion is worthy, though 2 weeks is quite a knee-jerk reaction. He’s been a special player since he was Drafted as proven by being rewarded with a lucrative 2nd contract. Is he HOF worthy at this time? No, but he’s still young and very good. Would all 31 of other teams would love to have him on their squads? Yes. That's the measure of the NFL.

I can name two teams in our division who wouldn't 

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I can name two teams in our division who wouldn't 

🤣 You’re just understandably bitter. But yes, they WOULD love to have Oliver -if only in a rotational starter. But they can’t afford it right now.

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

🤣 You’re just understandably bitter. But yes, they WOULD love to have Oliver -if only in a rotational starter. But they can’t afford it right now.

They can't afford it at ALL, especially considering he'd be second string behind their actual starters.

17 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

They can't afford it at ALL, especially considering he'd be second string behind their actual starters.

C’mon, man. Every team who cares to win has rotational DL. 🙄

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oliver is an Alfa stud on the DL. Daquan Jones is an Alpha stud on the DL. 

Yes, the dirth of drafted WRs is discouraging, but the jury on Shakir is still out as he is developing into a star.

Where was Oliver last night?  MIA.  Alpha studs show up when the games mean something, not trying for a 500k bonus

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.