1/21/24 Division Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Chiefs Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

58 minutes ago, Punch said:

Blitzing Mahomes is dangerous. 

I wouldn't blitz him much at all.

I would try to get pressure with our front four and keep him in the pocket.

Let him try to beat us with his receivers that can't catch and haven't shown up all year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Our stadium, our fans, our weather, our environment, super motivated… I believe all that supercedes injury issues and less rest. The Bills are gonna get it done today.  I hate to say it for the Divisinal round, but this like a Buffalo Super Bowl home game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I couldn't make it to the game today due to nurturing my best friend back to health.

I will be in Baltimore next week but I would kindly ask Bills Mafia to have one less beer pregame and stay loud for the entire four quarters.   The impact of the 12th man can be critical.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 3

I actually think we should go with a single high safety and bring Poyer down in the box. 

We shouldn’t be afraid of the Chiefs WR’s.

Dropping Poyer down in the box will really limit their run game which I think they will lean on. Plus having Poyer down there he can spy the Mahomes running and we can double Kelce.

Most importantly is we need to double Kelce with Poyer and Taron. 

Poyer to me would be the most important player on the D for us in this situation. 

There is really no reason to play two safety high and double their WR’s. We can cover them with our corners. Hyde can be the deep safety just in case .

Watching the KC offense they run the ball and throw is short to medium length to Kelce etc. 

That would be my gameplan

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just turned on WGR while driving and I have some Buff State intern screaming at me.  

Just shut it down. What a joke. 

In fairness.. the call he took was ridiculous.

KC fan saying they’re going to win because KC beat down Miami, while listing Xavien Howard as part of their star studded defense and claiming Michael Hyde is our best defensive player. 

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just turned on WGR while driving and I have some Buff State intern screaming at me.  

Just shut it down. What a joke. 

But you'll miss the Booty Cheek of the Week segment.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JTown said:

What uniforms are the Bills wearing today?

Our classic blue jersey and white pants. 

Videos and pictures of this game will be handed down through future generations and we will look our best!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

From the reports it's really TBD for Douglas still. Was hoping we'd be at a more concrete point than "he is optimistic he'll play, and the call will be made at a pregame workout."

They might be playing it close to the vest to not give the chiefs extra info…even taron was ‘he cleared protocol but we don’t know if he’ll play wink wink’ 🤣

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They might be playing it close to the vest to not give the chiefs extra info…even taron was ‘he cleared protocol but we don’t know if he’ll play wink wink’ 🤣

Certainly my hope! And as I understand it, they're planning to give Bernard the chance to do a workout (presumably with the implication that he could play). I'm still holding out for the three of them to play lol

Trying to get out of Raleigh early this morning, plane had a malfunction and made us miss connection. We are able to get a late flight, but won't arrive in Buffalo til 5:45. Anyone ever get to a game that late before and dealing with parking?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don't see how this affects the Chiefs. They'll prepare like normal and if the Bills are missing players on D better for them

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

I don't see how this affects the Chiefs. They'll prepare like normal and if the Bills are missing players on D better for them

I mean a lot of the gameplan revolves around picking on individual defensive players I’m sure.  It won’t change much but I don’t see why you’d broadcast it early if you don’t have to 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Every team in the history of sports has done this, regardless of impact.