Game Thread: Green Bay at San Francisco - 8:15 PM FOX

chongli

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well that's a relief, the first one looks more red than orange to me. Second one that's more Dolphin green than an Eagles one and they weren't even close. Third one closest is probably the Vikings and they didn't make it at all.

Get outta here with your logic. We have conspiracy theories to promote. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Lamar and the Ravens run game looked unstoppable, but the Texans weren’t exactly lighting the NFL on fire in terms of run defense.

And their defense was punching Houston in the mouth. 

I came away from that game that Baltimore is the best team in the playoffs right now. Overall Lamar was lights out. 

I think if we can get through KC and get healthy, Baltimore v Buffalo is easily the best two teams in the playoffs right now. Either team smacks around Detroit or San Fran. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

And their defense was punching Houston in the mouth. 

I came away from that game that Baltimore is the best team in the playoffs right now. Overall Lamar was lights out. 

I think if we can get through KC and get healthy, Baltimore v Buffalo is easily the best two teams in the playoffs right now. Either team smacks around Detroit or San Fran. 

Every remaining playoff team has played one postseason game.  If we’re ranking teams by the (completely stupid) metric of who has looked the best so far, its Tampa, Kansas City, Baltimore, Buffalo, San Francisco/Detroit.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Packers lost because their field goal kicker missed two makeable field goals! 

Any team going into the playoffs with a suspect place kicker is asking for trouble. That might be KC’s biggest edge tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

We've seen Fitz force it, but that was a whole next level of stupid

My favorites with Fitz were having a full 2 minutes and all three TOs and he gets picked on the first play trying to throw into double coverage.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Just goes to show how kickers can outright lose you a game. Packers HC just criticized him in the postgame.

KC has one of the best kickers. We can't afford to get into a ST's battle. Need TD's. 

Really that honestly makes me think less of Lafleur, seasons over address it however your going to address it. If you're going to cut him fine, draft a replacement, bring in competition, whatever, but throwing him under the bus just makes you look bad to other players around the league. 

• Agree 1

Packers put up a good fight on the road against a very strong team. They took the 49ers down to the wire even having a 4 point lead fairly deep into the final quarter. The Packers are a young team with a lot of good pieces in place. But they don't have the best cap situation (only 7 million in space with about 46 players rostered BUT they have really nice draft capital. They have their own first which will be slotted at pick 25 and they have a pair of second-round picks and a pair of third-round picks along with their own picks in rounds 4, 6 and 7. So while they will have a hard time adding pieces in free agency they can really make a big impact via the draft.

44 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Really that honestly makes me think less of Lafleur, seasons over address it however your going to address it. If you're going to cut him fine, draft a replacement, bring in competition, whatever, but throwing him under the bus just makes you look bad to other players around the league. 

Especially when Lafleur have up an easy 3 points going for it on 4th down in the red zone in the first half. 

Packers got an extremely bright future, offense is stacked with young talent and if not for their kicker , they getva massive W. Been saying since Bass been struggling,  those misses will cost us in the playoffs.. 

Feel bad for GB, thought they deserved that W

Gotta think they regret that Douglas trade, I get it, they looked bad at the time, thx for that GB

Edited by JerseyBills

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Any team going into the playoffs with a suspect place kicker is asking for trouble. That might be KC’s biggest edge tomorrow.

To paraphrase Steve Young If you’re kicking 3’s at home in the playoffs you’re on the way to a loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Packers got an extremely bright future, offense is stacked with young talent and if not for their kicker , they getva massive W. Been saying since Bass been struggling,  those misses will cost us in the playoffs.. 

Feel bad for GB, thought they deserved that W

GB couldn’t finish drives when it mattered, and yes the kicker missed a key FG for sure. The QB melting down at the end was the biggest reason they lost though. Pretty good effort on the road , but they didn’t deserve the W. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

GB couldn’t finish drives when it mattered, and yes the kicker missed a key FG for sure. The QB melting down at the end was the biggest reason they lost though. Pretty good effort on the road , but they didn’t deserve the W. 

what drives besides the final one? They drove down 75 yards forva TD to go up 4, I know that final drive was huge but other than that just thought they outplayed em

Just now, JerseyBills said:

what drives besides the final one? They drove down 75 yards forva TD to go up 4, I know that final drive was huge but other than that just thought they outplayed em

Yes that drive. Key drive of the game along with the final possession with the incredibly boneheaded pass by Love. They outplayed SF except when it mattered most in the final 7:00. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes that drive. Key drive of the game along with the final possession with the incredibly boneheaded pass by Love. They outplayed SF except when it mattered most in the final 7:00. 

I guess so, the score indicates it, just feel bad for em, what are you gonna do. If that happened to Buf, I'd be saying exactly what you are but just watching with no bias, I thought they should've got the dub. They'll be in these games for years to come it seems. Learning lesson.  

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

The key moment in the game was the drive before the Love INT when Purdy threw an absolute duck out route that the Packers DB let slip through his hands. If he catches that they are set up in the scoring zone and the game is done. 

I thought Green Bay got away from the run a little bit second half and the 9ers were able to key in on playing the pass even in the play actions. 

This Green Bay team is for real though. Youngest roster in the NFL and they gave the best roster in the NFL all they could handle. They are going to be a tough out the next few years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The key moment in the game was the drive before the Love INT when Purdy threw an absolute duck out route that the Packers DB let slip through his hands. If he catches that they are set up in the scoring zone and the game is done. 

I thought Green Bay got away from the run a little bit second half and the 9ers were able to key in on playing the pass even in the play actions. 

This Green Bay team is for real though. Youngest roster in the NFL and they gave the best roster in the NFL all they could handle. They are going to be a tough out the next few years.

It’s incredible the luck that the 49ers and specifically Purdy has. GB drops an easy pick 6 house call and then drops the INT you’re referring to. When Brady played, I used to joke that he had made a deal with the devil because every east INT he threw was dropped. He kept that power for 20 years. Then it magically moved to Mahomes and now Purdy. I know I’m biased but I can count on one hand the number of times a team has dropped an easy Josh INT. And purdy has 2 of them dropped in the nfc divisional game lol. Unreal. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

It’s incredible the luck that the 49ers and specifically Purdy has. GB drops an easy pick 6 house call and then drops the INT you’re referring to. When Brady played, I used to joke that he had made a deal with the devil because every east INT he threw was dropped. He kept that power for 20 years.

except that one game in 2011 against us… the devil must have been on vacation that weekend 😈 

This was a good game; close and went to the wire, pretty much.

The other game was good too, for about the first half.  Houston gave it a solid shot, but then Baltimore separated in the second half.

Hoping for a good close early game today--and for the Bills, all I want is a win.

IF EVER there was a day to say "a win is a win and I don't care how we get it" it is TODAY.

Just win the damned thing!  Be ugly if you must, just win!

Yes the Packers and Love are young and they went further than anyone thought mid season, congrats to them for that, but after watching the end to that game for a second time that might be one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in recent years. Game wasn’t on the line, you had plenty of time and timeouts to move down the field…

Absolutely mental decision 😂

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It was such a bad pass, makes me wonder if Love threw the game! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.