Davis, Benford, Rapp and Spector all OUT

Process

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

so davis is out and mcdermott just said Diggs injured his foot during the game then aggravated it at practice and may not practice again today.

Unbelievable

I don’t know why but I kind of want to see the offense without those two guys. Shakir and Kincaid could be the future. Maybe the future is now?

I would be excited to see what happens.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Dooooooomed!   

Just kidding.  They will be fine and the home crowd energy will carry them over and the D will be able to survive this for another game.

It is a one loss tournament at this point. .  Going into it with a survivors mentality concerns me. I want to be realistic optimistic and have confidence swagger all at the same time.

I am falling short in my confidence and it bothers me. I need some Bills zubaz influenced MAGIC to come over me people.

Enough of this negative thinking.

GO BILLS!~!~!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is huge.  Douglas covers Kelce and who covers Rice?  If it comes down to needing our defense to need a big stop, we are going to be outmatched in certain positions.  I don't like this at all.  If we don't have Bernard and Johnson too, we are in trouble.  

They’ll play a lot more zone than man.

16 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Its gonna be damn tough on this defense. McDermott needs to call up some well thought up blitzes, or zone dogs to keep Macrybaby in check

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us do the opposite.

I expect 4 man rushes to be the majority of the defensive snaps but I think McD will run more 3 man rushes than blitz packages.   Thats what Cincinnati did in the 2nd half against them when they came back and won the AFC championship game 2 years back 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is huge.  Douglas covers Kelce and who covers Rice?  If it comes down to needing our defense to need a big stop, we are going to be outmatched in certain positions.  I don't like this at all.  If we don't have Bernard and Johnson too, we are in trouble.  

Elam. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know why but I kind of want to see the offense without those two guys. Shakir and Kincaid could be the future. Maybe the future is now?

You want them to be left short of WR in the most important playoff game this group has ever played?  If Diggs were to end up unable to go at some point during the game you would be comfortable with them having two punters active and 3 wr?

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

IF we have Bernard, Johnson and Rasul, it will be HUGE.

GO BILLS

And most importantly at 100%. We have to hope that we can avoid any more in-game injuries, particularly at LB and Corner.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

You want them to be left short of WR in the most important playoff game this group has ever played?  If Diggs were to end up unable to go at some point during the game you would be comfortable with them having two punters active and 3 wr?

I can’t wait for spread formation 

Gilliam Knox Kincaid Shakir and latavius Murray as the 5 WR. 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us do the opposite.

I expect 4 man rushes to be the majority of the defensive snaps but I think McD will run more 3 man rushes than blitz packages.   Thats what Cincinnati did in the 2nd half against them when they came back and won the AFC championship game 2 years back 

Interesting 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Diggs would be able to go. If it's between Klein and Isabella we have to go Isabella. But I think Klein suits up. 

10 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Neal got zero snaps on defense the last game. 

We've seen him try and guard Kelce in the past... lot's of holding calls is about it

I don't recall which game but Neal essentially negated Kelce in one regular season game several years ago.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

McDermott followed up by saying he’s not too concerned about Diggs availability for the game. 

I think the gameplan should probably revolve heavily around Cook, Shakir and Kincaid.. as they attack KC where they are more vulnerable, but you do need functional outside WR’s. 

We’re already down Gabe.  Sherfield/Harty can handle his role, but after them, it’s a slot/gadget guy who’s barely played in Isabella. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Andy Isabella would be active. But Diggs is going to play. 

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Nothing I have seen from the chiefs this season makes me think we need to score 30...even with the injuries.

Chiefs just put up 26 at home against the dolphins practice squad defense. 

I would not be surprised at all if they don't score 20 points. 

Maybe not. Still, let's score 30 just for kicks.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McDermott followed up by saying he’s not too concerned about Diggs availability for the game. 

I think the gameplan should probably revolve heavily around Cook, Shakir and Kincaid.. as they attack KC where they are more vulnerable, but you do need functional outside WR’s. 

We’re already down Gabe.  Sherfield/Harty can handle his role, but after them, it’s a slot/gadget guy who’s barely played in Isabella. 

Snead takes away Diggs anyways.

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

Diggs would be able to go. If it's between Klein and Isabella we have to go Isabella. But I think Klein suits up. 

Yea I kind of think there is no debate, Kein and Isabella are both going to be active.  

If martin is not able to punt tomorrow morning I imagine they have to bite the bullet and IR him and sign haack to the active roster.

If the bills were in a situation in the second half of the game with only Shakir, Harty and Sherffield as the only healthy wr the chiefs would blitz them to death and just take their chances with dump offs and tackling them.  

If anyone wants to create a situation where Allen has to be superman not activating isabella and being short at wr sunday would be the way to do it.

Edited by MikePJ76

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Maybe not. Still, let's score 30 just for kicks.

Agreed. But a lot of people making it seem like we need to score 30 to have a chance. Would not be surprised at all to see us win 24-16 or something like that. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Andy Isabella would be active. But Diggs is going to play. 

So you are comfortable sitting klein with a gimpy bernard and no spector?

I simply do not understand what you guys are talking about. 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Steelers WRs are 10x better then the Chiefs. 

We won’t lose this game bc Benford can’t go.  

Having Douglas Dane Elam should be enough.  

Now at LB….especially vs the run and Kelce is different story. 

Need the D line to have its best game. 

And score 30.  

I was hoping to have Rapp back as much as I'm not the biggest fan of his.

It's good to have safety depth so we can use Poyer as a big nickel role more effectively- I feel like it's big with Kelce always making his impact-

Is Siran  Neil still on this team?I feel like he used to have a bigger role- but I don't remember that last time I heard his name

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think elam will be OK in place of benford. If Bernard can play that's YUGE

I don't trust Elam at all because of how grabby he is and with Hochuli being the ref, he's gonna have his hand on his flag ready to shoot it. 

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Rice is not a huge threat downfield, pretty much all his catches are at the line of scrimmage and then he gets YAC. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't trust Elam at all because of how grabby he is and with Hochuli being the ref, he's gonna have his hand on his flag ready to shoot it. 

The KC DBs are quite grabby as well. I think officials calling the grabby might actually benefit the Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, balln said:

I can’t wait for spread formation 

Gilliam Knox Kincaid Shakir and latavius Murray as the 5 WR. 

Knox Kincaid Shakir Cook and Hardy is actually pretty interesting 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

likely just one — Sneed is going to play

Their NT, right?

Which isn’t nothing .. I think he plays the second most DL snaps for them after Jones?… if I read correctly. 

If I had to guess, we’ll see an uptick in running the ball from Allen, Cook and Johnson. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Yea I kind of think there is no debate, Kein and Isabella are both going to be active.  

If martin is not able to punt tomorrow morning I imagine they have to bite the bullet and IR him and sign haack to the active roster.

If the bills were in a situation in the second half of the game with only Shakir, Harty and Sherffield as the only healthy wr the chiefs would blitz them to death and just take their chances with dump offs and tackling them.  

If anyone wants to create a situation where Allen has to be superman not activating isabella and being short at wr sunday would be the way to do it.

They can't do that. He would have to be injury settlement cut - then re-signed but at no guarantee that the team must do that. It's risky for him to accept.

Further, if the bills do this or just ir him he is done for the remainder of season. He can't come back to active. 

I have a feeling they're testing haack and see if he can offer enough to make ir an option 

35 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Steelers WRs are 10x better then the Chiefs. 

We won’t lose this game bc Benford can’t go.  

Having Douglas Dane Elam should be enough.  

Now at LB….especially vs the run and Kelce is different story. 

Need the D line to have its best game. 

And score 30.  

Unfortunately Patty is 100x better than that stiff qb from Pitt.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

The KC DBs are quite grabby as well. I think officials calling the grabby might actually benefit the Bills

KC fans on X are celebrating getting Hochuli’s crew for just that … he typically lets secondary guys play more physical. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Snead takes away Diggs anyways.

Before Sneed it was Charvarious Ward who always shut him down. Diggs seems to have trouble against long, fast, rangy, and physical corners. Not to mention those two guys have been allowed to get grabby with Diggs without calls going his way. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I believe until once the official game status report comes out later

I dont think this is the case anymore. Once the coach rules them out, they are out. You used to be able to game it a bit in the media but not anymore :(

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.