Kaiir’s game

Ya Digg?

26 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

For those of you that wanted him traded for anything earlier this year, how’s that 6th round pick and bag of footballs you wanted looking right now?

C'mon... the fact even you think he'd only garner a 6th round pick speaks VOLUMES.

He was a 1st round pick just last year! To think he'd only attract a 6th tells you just how much he's under performed, and in such a short amount of time.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Seriously? How much faith has the team had in him this year?  They wouldn’t even dress until too many injuries forced them to. 

come on! 

I read somewhere that he was bothered by an ankle injury. 

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

C'mon... the fact even you think he'd only garner a 6th round pick speaks VOLUMES.

He was a 1st round pick just last year! To think he'd only attract a 6th tells you just how much he's under performed, and in such a short amount of time.

Under performed?? He wasn't playing!! Coach's decision or injury related. When thrust into duty, he has produced. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Think about how long that ridiculous thread was about trading him. People were willing to accept such little

return just to get rid of him. There were many who said they would take a 6th just so he wasn’t on the team any more. That’s why they aren’t GMs, they would be out of a job so fast 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Under performed?? He wasn't playing!! Coach's decision or injury related. When thrust into duty, he has produced. 

Are you saying he hasn't played a single game since he was drafted? I was talking about his career up until this point. Me saying "under performed" was being generous. If you think a CB drafted in the 1st round just last year would only net you a 6th round pick by this year's trade deadline, he MASSIVELY under performed.

Even if he had sat on the bench the entire time, most teams would think a 1st round talent, only 1 year removed from being drafted, would be worth more than a 6th.

Elam is still lost out there. A opponent not throwing his way is a major fail on any offense. I watched him on a play where Pittsburgh runs a left WR on a skinny post route, and runs another guy to the left flat. Elam turns around and chases the deep guy even though the safety is all over that WR, and Rudolph is NEVER GOING TO MAKE THAT THROW. So the ball goes to the flat, Elam spins around and can’t make the tackle in space. 

His pick came in close quarters with nothing else for Elam to do but defend it. However. He looked super athletic turning around that quickly AND catching the ball. Give him that. 

He's no first round pick. This was a bad bad draft pick. 

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

Elam is still lost out there. A opponent not throwing his way is a major fail on any offense. I watched him on a play where Pittsburgh runs a left WR on a skinny post route, and runs another guy to the left flat. Elam turns around and chases the deep guy even though the safety is all over that WR, and Rudolph is NEVER GOING TO MAKE THAT THROW. So the ball goes to the flat, Elam spins around and can’t make the tackle in space. 

His pick came in close quarters with nothing else for Elam to do but defend it. However. He looked super athletic turning around that quickly AND catching the ball. Give him that. 

He's no first round pick. This was a bad bad draft pick. 

You can’t spell playoffs without the world play. Elam is a playmaker who has displayed elite talent in spot duty. Quick reaction skills. The guy has two EZ picks in limited action. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

You can’t spell playoffs without the world play. Elam is a playmaker who has displayed elite talent in spot duty. Quick reaction skills. The guy has two EZ picks in limited action. 

Im a little concerned vs Mahomes. 

10 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

do any of the other DBs have as many career playoff INTs as a Bill?

I don’t think so. Ed Reed & Ronnie Lott have the all-time lead with 9. It’s not crazy to think a 22 year old with 2 already could end up getting 8 more for the NFL all-time lead. Thats elite level play in spot duty.

I thought he played alright. Saved a TD by taking a penalty, then took away any points by the pick. When he got ran over by the TE if he went in too fast there is a possibility he misses the tackle and gives up more yards. He stopped a good 3 yards in front of the sticks to make sure he didn’t miss, he just got ran the ***** over. Rather that then a missed tackle pursuing too fast. 

He is capable of making the occasional great play … unfortunately, he’s more than capable of breaking your heart with bone headed penalties and poor positioning.  I’d rather have a consistent, dependable guy at the position. That said, he’s all we’ve got so cross your fingers and toes and hope for the best

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think you've got it now...

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He wasn't performing here.

Teller also wasn’t a high draft pick. It was a numbers game with Teller. It’s also been a numbers game with Elam. 

The Bills have difficult decisions to make at outside CB this offseason. I assume Benford and Douglas are the starters. I think the right move is to release or trade Tre White for cap reasons. Dane Jackson is the perfect 3rd CB. But he’s a UFA. Do you just let him walk and make Elam the 3rd CB? I think that’s what they do. Elam will be CB3 next year. 

Another option is keep White and move Benford to safety. But I don’t think they will do that with how good Benford is developing at CB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You're not getting it!! You can't perform if you're not given a chance to!! The Bills let go of another offensive lineman who's now playing tackle or the Raiders. He's considered Pro Bowl material, but McDermott/Beane are committed to Spencer Brown 🤷

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Teller also wasn’t a high draft pick. It was a numbers game with Teller. It’s also been a numbers game with Elam. 

The Bills have difficult decisions to make at outside CB this offseason. I assume Benford and Douglas are the starters. I think the right move is to release or trade Tre White for cap reasons. Dane Jackson is the perfect 3rd CB. But he’s a UFA. Do you just let him walk and make Elam the 3rd CB? I think that’s what they do. Elam will be CB3 next year. 

Another option is keep White and move Benford to safety. But I don’t think they will do that with how good Benford is developing at CB.

In today's passing league you need all the CB's you can afford.  If I remember right Douglas's contract is friendly next year as well.  Keep White next year while Douglas is still affordable.  Elam is still on a rookie contract also.  They'll all end up playing by the end of the season.  The next year when you have to start resigning people is when White becomes too expensive and aged out.  White has a dead cap hit of 10 mil in 24 and only 4 mil in 25.  I wouldn't be surprised if Benford and Douglas start in 24 and by 25 Elam and Benford are starting and Douglas is signing one year deals somewhere.  Maybe Douglas plays some safety.  He has the insticts for it and the money is there as Hyde and Poyer get older and possibly move on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

In today's passing league you need all the CB's you can afford.  If I remember right Douglas's contract is friendly next year as well.  Keep White next year while Douglas is still affordable.  Elam is still on a rookie contract also.  They'll all end up playing by the end of the season.  The next year when you have to start resigning people is when White becomes too expensive and aged out.  White has a dead cap hit of 10 mil in 24 and only 4 mil in 25.  I wouldn't be surprised if Benford and Douglas start in 24 and by 25 Elam and Benford are starting and Douglas is signing one year deals somewhere.  Maybe Douglas plays some safety.  He has the insticts for it and the money is there as Hyde and Poyer get older and possibly move on.

They can’t and shouldn’t keep White. Wouldn’t make any sense cap wise. Before Douglas White was a question mark to stay. 

The dead cap isn’t an issue because you’re starters are already on the roster and accounted for. Any cap savings from White is a plus. Post June 1 cut saves $10 million. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You're not getting it!! You can't perform if you're not given a chance to!! The Bills let go of another offensive lineman who's now playing tackle or the Raiders. He's considered Pro Bowl material, but McDermott/Beane are committed to Spencer Brown 🤷

Go yell at the coaching staff.  They've seen a lot of him---every practice and every game.  Are you saying they are "not getting it!!!"?

We've all seen what he looks like in games---following which he is usually relegated to inactive again.  He got a nice EZ INT thrown right into his hands.  That's his season .

On 1/16/2024 at 7:00 AM, GoBills! said:

I think with enough playing time he can be a nice back up or maybe switch to safety. He needs to tackle better but his hand eye coordination and catch ability is there. 

What you just said is why he will not be switching to safety. On the back end or run support safeties have to be able to tackle. Elam is a cover corner, who seems to be getting better but not close to his high draft pick. Im all for giving him some more time to  develop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They can’t and shouldn’t keep White. Wouldn’t make any sense cap wise. Before Douglas White was a question mark to stay. 

The dead cap isn’t an issue because you’re starters are already on the roster and accounted for. Any cap savings from White is a plus. Post June 1 cut saves $10 million. 

Just saw the 4 year out.  Everything makes more sense now. 

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Just saw the 4 year out.  Everything makes more sense now. 

10m dead cap, or pay him $16m. So the question is he worth $6m? I think there is a 50% chance that will retain him and target a mid-2024 return. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Spencer Brown has played well. Glad Teller and the other guy are doing well. Not gonna be perfect on all players. Brown is one of the best run blockers and has a multiple years starting future. And I was one who wanted him replaced this year, but the Bills were tight to be patient.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Spencer Brown has played well. Glad Teller and the other guy are doing well. Not gonna be perfect on all players. Brown is one of the best run blockers and has a multiple years starting future. And I was one who wanted him replaced this year, but the Bills were tight to be patient.

Hope he's ready for Karfalitis!! Big test for Spencer. Hopefully the Bills will run at him

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Teller should have been kept but there’s also no sure thing that he develops into the same player in Buffalo. The Browns offensive line coach is Bill Callahan who’s regarded as among the best in the league at developing offensive line players. 

The Bills did not have nearly as good of an offensive line development regime. Possible that Teller never develops into as good a player here 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The "light bulb" finally went off with Kaiir.

The second int was almost amazing.

Put him back in McD !!

I would strongly consider Douglas in the slot if Johnson can’t go and Kahir on the outside with Dane or Benford if Benford can go.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

10m dead cap, or pay him $16m. So the question is he worth $6m? I think there is a 50% chance that will retain him and target a mid-2024 return. 

If he's cut after 6/1 it spreads the cap hit out over 24 and 25 so we save 10 mil in 24.  I imagine it will depend largely on who we intend to bring back or sign.  I'd love to keep White around but given he's likely not the starter week one next season and possibly not even after he's fully recovered it's hard to justify 16 million for someone who has played 34 of the last 67 games.  Maybe there's a restructure that makes everyone happy.

From Sportstrac it says post 6/1

2024 Dead Cap: $6,234,918

2025 Dead Cap: $4,134,918

2024 Cap Savings: $10,208,819

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He is capable of making the occasional great play … unfortunately, he’s more than capable of breaking your heart with bone headed penalties and poor positioning.  I’d rather have a consistent, dependable guy at the position. That said, he’s all we’ve got so cross your fingers and toes and hope for the best

Double crossing negates the magic

Gotta be an odd number of crosses. Be aware !

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You act like he just rode the bench for years & the Bills should've known better.

He was a 5th round rookie drafted for depth, then started the final 7 games of the abysmal 2018 season. It's not like they had a lot invested in him, were looking to get better, and took a decent trade to get back a 5th & a 6th (along with a 7th they traded) for someone who had 1 year in the league.

And what did Cleveland do with this amazing talent? The same thing the Bills did, staying as a backup for half the season until he got a start in week 9. It wasn't until the following year where he had his breakout year.

If anything, it sounds like the Bills did learn their lesson, gave Spencer Brown a chance those first 2 years, then watched as Brown had his best season in year 3.... same as Teller.

The Bills also continued to believe in Oliver, despite fans protesting the decision, and now he's proven to be one of the best DTs in the league. They also let a 6th round rookie CB earn a starting spot & see significant play time (Benford), just as they did the year before with their 7th round CB (Jackson).

Sorry for the rant, but the Bills DO give players a chance. But there's a finite amount of positions & time available, and you can't let every mid-late round rookie you draft start for 3+ years in hopes of they MIGHT turn into gold.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.