Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Mahomes can lead a team to a super bowl and win it all. It's really that simple. That's the new measuring fair or not. 

It is, you're right. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm probably too confident right now.  I'll actually be shocked if KC beats us.

We're better, I think last year's Cincy debacle is still fresh on the players' minds, and we just ran through the toughest part of our schedule with every game being a must-win to get this opportunity.

I don't think the game will be that close.  I see a statement game, not unlike the Pats playoff game. A "changing of the guard"-type of game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

We're better, I think last year's Cincy debacle is still fresh on the players' minds, and we just ran through the toughest part of our schedule with every game being a must-win to get this opportunity.

I don't think the game will be that close.  I see a statement game, not unlike the Pats playoff game. A "changing of the guard"-type of game.

I agree.  The Bills should actually spank this team pretty well, if they hold mistakes to a minimum. As long as they do not beat themselves, KC cannot win this game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Success said:

If the refs stay out of it I 100% agree

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I agree.  The Bills should actually spank this team pretty well, if they hold mistakes to a minimum. As long as they do not beat themselves, KC cannot win this game.  

I hope you're right. I want to feel more confident. If I'm KC, I keep Allen contained in the pocket. Take away the deep stuff and make him check it down. That's when he gets impatient and forces things. No scrambling, no off-script improvisations, no deep passes. Blitz on occasion. Make the Bills earn every yard. 

On offense, go to work on the Bills' backup/injured linebackers. Short passes, screens, slants. Then go deep when the opportunity is there.  

I see a tough game and a Bills win just because they have more grit and character than the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, finn said:

I hope you're right. I want to feel more confident. If I'm KC, I keep Allen contained in the pocket. Take away the deep stuff and make him check it down. That's when he gets impatient and forces things. No scrambling, no off-script improvisations, no deep passes. Blitz on occasion. Make the Bills earn every yard. 

On offense, go to work on the Bills' backup/injured linebackers. Short passes, screens, slants. Then go deep when the opportunity is there.  

I see a tough game and a Bills win just because they have more grit and character than the Chiefs. 

The bolded is correct - but it's not as easy as it sounds there.  Like, it's VERY far from being as easy as it sounds there.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

The bolded is correct - but it's not as easy as it sounds there.  Like, it's VERY far from being as easy as it sounds there.

I'm not saying it's easy, not with a QB as big and mobile as Allen. And the strategy does carry risks. You're giving him time. Just because Allen never has time doesn't mean he can't make good use of it. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm not saying it's easy, not with a QB as big and mobile as Allen. And the strategy does carry risks. You're giving him time. Just because Allen never has time doesn't mean he can't make good use of it. 

Just remember if you spy him, you’re not able to double guys and I really like the Bills playmakers getting 1 on 1 matchups against their secondary 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I disagree to a certain extent. Shocked if the Bills lose is just not a realistic view to take. I mean the Vegas spread is 2.5 points not 12.5 points.

Football pundits are picking both teams to win and making valid arguments accordingly. 

Frankly, being shocked if the Bills lose is way too strong of a statement. But, you are entitled to your feelings and opinions. 

I'll be extremely disappointed if the Bills lose but not surprised or shocked if they do lose. 

I know others think the game won't be close. I just don't see it that way. These teams with their players and coaches are likely not to let the game get out of hand. I think it's a very close game. 

If the Bills win it will be a significant and signature win. Changing of the guard seems accurate. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

I don't think there has been much secret sauce and no team has just rolled over and given the Bills anything on this road to the postseason.

They have just been so focused and determined... I don't recall a Bills team quite like the makeup of this one and I have been watching my Bills for 40 years.

Coaches are putting in the work getting our players ready to step up and play well when needed and coming up with game plans and adjustments that have been effective.

Josh has been decisive and in the zone, OL has been blocking hard to the whistle, RBs hitting their gaps and running hard, and our offense as a whole has been executing and stacking reps. No blinking.

They are taking care to secure and protect the ball while still taking calculated big play shots.

The defense has been disciplined with their rush lanes, but determined to push the pocket and win up front. They have made it a focus to snuff out the runs early before they can get traction. They have have been effective making teams more one dimensional with hard work up front.

Our back 7 know where they need to be and are covering to the whistle and tackling well too, so giving up very little RAC when teams do complete a pass.

Our STs have shored up their coverage, but we do need that kicking game to be more consistent.

Just see a team of guys all doing their 1/11th and committed to working the entire 60 minute of each game - including the last 13 seconds.

Wishing each of them much success and a well earned victory. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

It seems like most talking heads are picking Kansas City, and a lot of them are treating it as "heroic" or "gutsy". I've watched several of these commentators act like it's a spicy hot take to pick Patrick Mahomes. The Vegas line favors the Bills by a slim margin due to homefield, but no one is disrespecting Mahomes. 

Let's face it, picking KC is safe. Their AFC playoff record in recent years is phenomenal, and no one doubts that. But it's conventional wisdom rather than actual analysis of the 2023 season. It's lazy at best because they're trying to have it both ways: the Chiefs will win and it's also going to be a classic Mahomes-Allen QB duel.

I think these two teams in 2023 are vastly different than in prior seasons. I think the Bills are locked in and focused better than 2021 or any of the 90s teams. I think the Chiefs are beatable on the road and the strength of their defense is overblown.

I think it'll be the Bills by a billion. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I bet McDermott has not said a word or acknowledged the 13 seconds game this week or even this season. 

No I bet it's been addressed, at that point in the game the team felt like they'd won, he has his responsibility for it of course, but the lesson of never letting up and finishing against this team I'm sure was addressed.

1 hour ago, finn said:

Agree with everything except the grit and character statement. 

The Chiefs won a super bowl last year with Mahomes having one good leg. Their WR core wasn't good or strong last year as well. Their defense wasn't nearly as good as it is this year. 

They are the champs and assaulting their character is a hand scratcher. Reid and Spags are considered by many to be at the top of their class. I don't get the lack of character and toughness allegations. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Josh: 25 of 35, 315 yards, 3 TDs, 8 rushes 58 yards and 1 TD.

Cook: 20 carries, 75 yards, 1 TD

Ty Johnson: 6 carries, 30 yards

485 total yards.

Bills 38-21

This is the way.

Go Bills!

I'll take that.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I bet McDermott has not said a word or acknowledged the 13 seconds game this week or even this season. 

I agree but I am wondering how many times 9/11 came up this season. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just remember if you spy him, you’re not able to double guys and I really like the Bills playmakers getting 1 on 1 matchups against their secondary 

I don't. Shakir is the only open guy I think we can scheme open with Davis as a deep threat out. However I think Sherfield or Harty might be a down field target at least once.

Rush 3, spy 1. Drop cover 3 with a nickel. Outside CB's press men outside the hash to the sideline. Diggs isn't beating you at the sideline beyond 8 yards.

You have an inside linebacker id give Jack assignments to and have him cover the backfield/Knox.

Then the outside lb id have help cover the strong side for runs/and passes to the flat while guarding Allen running out.

Our offense is easy to stop on paper. 

• Vomit 1

33 minutes ago, Saratoga Fan said:

Would you?

Hell no; but I did see someone suggest if the Bills are winning, he should call a TO with 13 seconds left to let the fans go crazy. It would be epic but would never happen. Rex would do it though. 🤣🤣

Edited by WotAGuy

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

If they didn’t elevate Josh Norman, I think that means TJ is good to go. 

Hmm. Not sure. I think it means Douglas is good to go. I think TJ will be... but I am not sure Josh Norman was linked to that.

26 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Chiefs won a super bowl last year with Mahomes having one good leg. Their WR core wasn't good or strong last year as well. Their defense wasn't nearly as good as it is this year. 

They are the champs and assaulting their character is a hand scratcher. Reid and Spags are considered by many to be at the top of their class. I don't get the lack of character and toughness allegations. 

I think that one leg hero crap was overblown and not as bad as it was made out to be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I still think I’d prefer there being no bye week and an 8th team gets added to the playoff field. It’s just such a colossal advantage. 

The Bills would have had a bye as the 2 seed if they didn't change it.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I still think I’d prefer there being no bye week and an 8th team gets added to the playoff field. It’s just such a colossal advantage. 

Agree 100% !! 
The W against the Steelers cost us in injuries 

15 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

So half the teams get in that seems like a little bit much.

13 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

When 2 teams got it, then it was a little bit more fair, 1/3 of teams got a bye. Now it’s a single team and feels like a huge advantage. 

50 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I didn't mean to imply the Chiefs lack those qualities, just that the Bills have them in greater measure. Not sure yet if that applies to McDermott, though; I think he choked in both playoff games against the Chiefs, the first when he punted at least twice when it was clear the Bills needed to go for it, and for what appears to be his prevent defense in the 13-second game. I don't want him to be an avoid-losing type of coach, but he might be just that. Of course, I have no qualms in that regard about Allen. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.