Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

9 minutes ago, akcash said:

You guys think Pittsburgh drives here on a bus or flys? 

Fly, always. Think of the logistics and robust process. They load up all the flight/road cases in the same manner, same staging and go. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That's a pretty tough article.  I think that writer is wrong.  But I'm biased.

• Agree 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:05 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

side question: has any team ever made a deep playoff run with half a coaching staff? or even just an interim coordinator for that matter?

I see nobody answered your question but 1 example sticks out to me.  

The Ravens fired Cam Cameron in december and hired jim caldwell to be their oc the year they won the super bowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, buffblue said:

The Steelers yahoo fans seem downright cocky about this game. Will be great to send them packing 

Was in Pitt a few days this week for work.  And previously lived there full time.  Yes, they are cocky, entitled, and believe every sports season will result in a ring or a cup.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

8 minutes ago, Success said:

That's a pretty tough article.  I think that writer is wrong.  But I'm biased.

That article is brutal. While Allen can be coerced into turning the ball over, so can the heralded Mahomes, and the Bills are widely accepted to be an objectively better (and definitely more dangerous/explosive) team/offense so far in 2023/24. The turnovers are the entire argument here, and it's objectively thin and subjectively selective.

"I don't care...that the (Chiefs) running back room is full of a bunch of guys you never heard of." - WTF? Pacheco and Edwards-Helaire are pretty well-known. Weird. 

He leads off with repeated suggestions that fearing the Bills more than the Chiefs correlates to **gasp** using THC (or sniffing glue). Pretty out of touch, although Pittsburgh fans in general are pretty conservative. 

It's all Mahomes worship, mostly, and while the author couches some of his criticisms towards Allen, he does offer this nugget: "It is probably too strong to say [Allen] is a prototypical “million-dollar talent, ten-cent head” player, but that isn’t too far off."

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Was in Pitt a few days this week for work.  And previously lived there full time.  Yes, they are cocky, entitled, and believe every sports season will result in a ring or a cup.

That's been my experience with most people from Pittsburgh, and it's not even limited to their sports teams. Very parochial bunch

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

That article is brutal. While Allen can be coerced into turning the ball over, so can the heralded Mahomes, and the Bills are widely accepted to be an objectively better (and definitely more dangerous/explosive) team/offense so far in 2023/24. The turnovers are the entire argument here, and it's objectively thin and subjectively selective.

"I don't care...that the (Chiefs) running back room is full of a bunch of guys you never heard of." - WTF? Pacheco and Edwards-Helaire are pretty well-known. Weird. 

He leads off with repeated suggestions that fearing the Bills more than the Chiefs correlates to **gasp** using THC (or sniffing glue). Pretty out of touch, although Pittsburgh fans in general are pretty conservative. 

It's all Mahomes worship, mostly, and while the author couches some of his criticisms towards Allen, he does offer this nugget: "It is probably too strong to say [Allen] is a prototypical “million-dollar talent, ten-cent head” player, but that isn’t too far off."

I mean if Pittsburgh punts 7 times in the game and they get Allen to throw an INT or 2 but we punt once, who really won the "turnover battle"?

I'd argue we did and that this old school way of thinking about turnovers is very incomplete and without better context, virtually meaningless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

this old school way of thinking about turnovers is very incomplete and without better context, virtually meaningless

Fantastic comment.  Well said.

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean if Pittsburgh punts 7 times in the game and they get Allen to throw an INT or 2 but we punt once, who really won the "turnover battle"?

I'd argue we did and that this old school way of thinking about turnovers is very incomplete and without better context, virtually meaningless.

Josh's interception on 4th down vs. the Dolphins netted +15 yards than turnover on downs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The concept of punting vs long INT, and 4th down has dramatically changed in just a couple years. I’m not sure the entire NFL fan base and chatter heads has caught up. 

josh 4th down:

Snow plow 1 yd

run for 4 yds

INT 50 yd “punt”

Some QBs and times past would never do this. They’d just PUNT. Our Unicorn. Thankfully coach understands and isn’t full of Malarky-punt

Edited by Since1981
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What I believe.

* The Bills should win this one handily,at home v.s. a so so Squealer team.

However, the line is -10 and moving up. I am concerned less about the snow, than the wind. There could be a goofy Turnover resulting in a TD. It will be low scoring. Possible, that the final score could be between 7 & 10.

* The Bills will finally slay all their imaginary dragons by beating the not so good as before Chiefs by 10. Line will be Bills -3.5.

* The Bills will beat the Cleveland Browns at home by 6in the AFCCG. This will be a back and forth thriller, requiring some Unicorn runs and wild TD Passes.

* The Bills will win their first Lombardi, beating the 49ers by a FG, a high scoring shootout. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

What I believe.

* The Bills should win this one handily,at home v.s. a so so Squealer team.

However, the line is -10 and moving up. I am concerned less about the snow, than the wind. There could be a goofy Turnover resulting in a TD. It will be low scoring. Possible, that the final score could be between 7 & 10.

* The Bills will finally slay all their imaginary dragons by beating the not so good as before Chiefs by 10. Line will be Bills -3.5.

* The Bills will beat the Cleveland Browns at home by 6in the AFCCG. This will be a back and forth thriller, requiring some Unicorn runs and wild TD Passes.

* The Bills will win their first Lombardi, beating the 49ers by a FG, a high scoring shootout. 

I am kind of dumb with this stuff? When you say the line is moving up, does that mean The Bills are being favored by even more points, or less? Also, I agree about the wind. The wind is the biggest hassle of all. I am still scarred by the Bengals game last year. I felt like the sloppy weather didn't help, but who knows, maybe they roll over us in better conditions as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.