Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

1 hour ago, BrettFavre said:

Any update on this? 

If I follow MGMs football rules, if the game is played within a week and at the same venue as originally location, then a straight up bet like Over is honored.  If it’s a SGP, then game must be played within 48 hours of originally scheduled game.  So long as game is played tomorrow, at least of MGM, I believe any Over bets are still good.  On the other hand, everyone that was hammering the Under would be stuck with those bets too.

Not sure what the rules are elsewhere, but they’re likely similar.

• Like (+1) 1

Polencarz  just said the northtowns will be lifting the driving ban. But  no travel to the south.  He said it is still coming down at 5"'/hr at the stadium and that  there is about 24-30" on the ground there.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

The last sentence is the point.  The game didn’t get postponed for football reasons.  It was postponed for public safety reasons.  It’s a friggin frozen hurricane in OP right now.  We don’t play NFL football in hurricanes.  This storm should be seen no differently. 

It is a public safety reason absolutely.   As proven by some tweets some idiots do not know how dangerous some storms are and to stay inside.

Tweeter is for twits no matter what you rename it.

59 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Polencarz  just said the northtowns will be lifting the driving ban. But  no travel to the south.  He said it is still coming down at 5"'/hr at the stadium and that  there is about 24-30" on the ground there.

It’s hard to be definitive about accumulation with the wind.  It’s still horrible here in OP. 

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

NWS reports 27" in Angola as of 4pm but they weren't in the worst of it for as long as OP was so it's likely a little higher there I think.

5 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Does anyone have a live shot of orchard park? The game would be starting right about now. I'm just curious 

Here is NYS live Thruway cams...Hamburg would probably be the closest one.

There are some others live cams that are around the stadium but I don't know how to get to them.

https://www.thruway.ny.gov/travelers/map/text/twytextcameras.cgi?region=BUI90W

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

NWS reports 27" in Angola as of 4pm but they weren't in the worst of it for as long as OP was so it's likely a little higher there I think.

There are some others live cams that are around the stadium but I don't know how to get to them.

Is it still snowing pretty good there?

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There's a few closer ones here

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And here is the latest model for Friday post Tues Night-Thursday lake snow event...

Buffalo under the gun for 2+ feet again 

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=gfs&p=snku_acc-imp&rh=2024011418&fh=111&r=us_ne&dpdt=&mc=bl

This damn lake, lol.  Whose gonna want to play football in the future here ?!?  

At least the South is getting in on the snow action.  I saw several inches are in store for Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, etc 

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

The band moved north a bit.  At William andUnion in Cheektowaga.Cant see the traffic  light 4 doors away.

Yeah it's over us in Depew/Lancaster right now and it's "Angry Snow".

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I am in East Aurora and maybe got 6 inches. I was bracing for multiple feet of snow. Did Orchard Park get a lot more or something?

that’s pretty surprising seeing as East Aurora is just a couple miles down the road from OP.

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

This damn lake, lol.  Whose gonna want to play football in the future here ?!?  

At least the South is getting in on the snow action.  I saw several inches are in store for Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, etc 

I have about 3 inches on the ground here in Memphis.  And there is NO WAY I'm driving out there with all those southern amateur drivers.  

• Like (+1) 1

I watched a bit of news video this morning they were right out front of the stadium & you couldn't even see it from across the street in the video at times so it's not looking very good but i'm sure because the Bills Mafia isn't scared of that weather they will show up in force .

I'm telling you though we got about 4+ inches here in Nashville and i really don't miss it not even a little bit !!!! 

GO BILLS !!! 

Edited by T master

So how much snow ended up falling on the stadium? and for anyone helping to shovel, where were you supposed to shovel the snow to? the row below? to the stairs? or did they provide some sort of bins to collect it from each section. This seems like a nightmare to organize and physically extremely difficult. I almost think that using some sort of industrial vacuums like the kind they suck away old insulation from your attic might be good for snow. I'm assuming they know how to do all this based on many previous experiences over the years.

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

So how much snow ended up falling on the stadium? and for anyone helping to shovel, where were you supposed to shovel the snow to? the row below? to the stairs? or did they provide some sort of bins to collect it from each section. This seems like a nightmare to organize and physically extremely difficult. I almost think that using some sort of industrial vacuums like the kind they suck away old insulation from your attic might be good for snow. I'm assuming they know how to do all this based on many previous experiences over the years.

Probably somewhere between 2.5-3 feet.

Then it turned north and sat over us all night and we ended up with at least a foot and a half if not two feet in Depew/Lancaster.

It was angry snowing last night 

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Typically they put chutes on the stairs, so you shovel out the row to the chute, which drops it down to the field, where they load it into dump trucks and haul it out.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you, Limeaid.

This sort of info is truly helpful on these days, brother.

Wish I could be there but would not do any good for shoveling.

Tore both shoulders when I needed to shovel my old house for listing/showing by agent.

Both were repaired (different years) but no ability and too much common sense to shovel out a stadium. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

Wish I could be there but would not do any good for shoveling.

Tore both shoulders when I needed to shovel my old house for listing/showing by agent.

Both were repaired (different years) but no ability and too much common sense to shovel out a stadium. 

Sorry to hear that.

For me I’m working today.  

Maybe you could go in a management capacity?

Point to piles and say, “that one.”

😁

Go Bills!

Latest snowfall reports:

Hamburg the big winner so far with 41.3 inches.

Blasdell which is right around the stadium got 36 inches, so right at 3 feet.

Lancaster where I am got 31 inches, most of it overnight last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.