Head coach carousel 2024 edition

djp14150

1 hour ago, Prospector said:

I don't have twitter, but I would love to hear some of these gems of his.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I was thinking the same thing:

Wasn't going to post this but since I've had a lot of requests asking going on the official record, feel free to post yours as well:

AFC East                                                                            NFC East

Dolphins 15-2                                                        Cowboys 12-5

Patriots 11-6 *WC                                                 Giants 11-6 *WC

Bills 8-9                                                                 Eagles 10-7 *WC

Jets 8-9                                                                 WFT 5-12

AFC North                                                                        NFC North

Ravens 13-4                                                          Lions 11-6

Bengals 12-5 *WC                                                Bears 9-8

Steelers 11-6                                                         Packers 8-9

Browns 6-11                                                          Vikings 7-10

AFC South                                                                       NFC South

Jaguars 11-6                                                        Saints 10-7

Titans 9-8                                                            Falcons 9-8

Texans 5-12                                                         Panthers 6-11

Colts 4-13                                                            Bucs 4-13

AFC West                                                                        NFC West

Chiefs 14-3                                                           Seahawks 11-6

Chargers 12-5*WC                                              49ers 11-6 *WC

Raiders 6-11                                                         Rams 8-9

Broncos 5-12                                                        Cardinals 1-16

AFCCG: Bengals over Dolphins

NFCCG: Giants over Seahawks

SB: Bengals over Giants

Also some other notes:

- I originally had Chiefs going 17-0 in regular season but with Jones situation and latest injury news on Kelce can't see it happening no matter how hard refs are blowing whistles in KC's favor. Still won't be surprised if they are hoisting another Lombardi trophy in the end.

- Daboll leads Giants on verge of another SB win, however Bengals win SB in epic come from behind game in final minutes.

- Bills will go 1-5 in division this year

- Bills will lose 6 of final 8 games after starting 6-3.

this is courtesy of our filthybeast historian, @Jauronimo

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yet another reason I say Andy Reid is the ACTUAL GOAT HC

182-120 record without Mahomes, including a 11 playoff wins (with 13 losses) and a SB appearance which he lost to NE and Brady

Those 182 wins before he had Mahomes would put Andy Reid in the top 10 all-time in HC wins. That's before he ever even coached Mahomes. 

Then you add Reid's coaching tree:

Sean McDermott

John Harbaugh (SB winner)

Doug Pederson (SB winner)

Ron Rivera

Todd Bowles 

Leslie Frazier

Steve Spagnolo (SB winning DC who shut down Brady twice in the big game with NJ) 

Some pretty good names there.

Belichick's is awful. 

Bill is a great coach, and will be known as the GOAT unless Reid and Mahomes win a couple more. IF Reid sticks around long enough and they do win 4 or 5, then Reid is also probably right there on the all-time wins list as well at #1.  Then it's a serious discussion. 

Bellichrck ….I don’t view him as GOAT.  he rode a QB. He also hasn’t had success off his coaching tree.

since he hasn’t succeeded post brady with QB. I expect them to draft a QB in the draft.

3 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Bellichrck ….I don’t view him as GOAT.  he rode a QB. He also hasn’t had success off his coaching tree.

since he hasn’t succeeded post brady with QB. I expect them to draft a QB in the draft.

Most HOF coaches rode a QB to get there.  To quote the old Dick Jauron song on WGR: With no quarterbackin' get those bags a packin' 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I don't want to look too far ahead but the Bills have a OC and DC position open. Wonder who will fill both.

I imagine the OC position is Brady's to lose, depending how the Bills do in the play offs on that side of the ball. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rivera come in as DC, but that depends on whether McDermott wants to relinquish the role. I mean, isn't he supposed to just be a stop gap as a DC until Frasier makes a decision on whether to return? Not that I can see that happening now.

50 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Get BB McDaniels as an oc, replace him as gm, draft a qb, see what happens 

If he drafts the right QB at 3, he'll be good again. If he drafts the wrong one at 3 like Trey Lance or Sam Darnold, he's toast.  Look at the carnage from Carolina drafting Young over Stroud.  GM & coach gone. 

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I imagine the OC position is Brady's to lose, depending how the Bills do in the play offs on that side of the ball. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rivera come in as DC, but that depends on whether McDermott wants to relinquish the role. I mean, isn't he supposed to just be a stop gap as a DC until Frasier makes a decision on whether to return? Not that I can see that happening now.

I don't believe it was Frazier's decision to leave, nor will he be able to decide to come back.  

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Don't think (and certainly hope so as well) that Brady has earned the spot already.

The odds of the best man available for the position just happened to be already on staff in Buffalo are about ZERO.

But b/c of McDimwit who will always put himself and his career ahead of all other things, he'll want to retain someone like Brady b/c he won't offer any opposition to MCDimwith in the locker room.

There will probably be a good OC become available....hire that a guy.

There could be firings concerning teams in the playoffs. Give it some time.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We fired Ken Dorsey when we were 6-6. Since then, with Joe Brady as our OC, we've gone 5-0 and just took the Division and secured the 2 seed.

Really odd time to be talking about replacing him.

10 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I like your post but it's 5-1.

You’re both wrong.  McD fired Dorsey when the Bills lost to the Broncos to go to 5-5.  Brady is 6-1 as the OC.

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If he drafts the right QB at 3, he'll be good again. If he drafts the wrong one at 3 like Trey Lance or Sam Darnold, he's toast.  Look at the carnage from Carolina drafting Young over Stroud.  GM & coach gone. 

I don't believe it was Frazier's decision to leave, nor will he be able to decide to come back.  

I agree, but I thought that's the way the Bills represented it?

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't think (and certainly hope so as well) that Brady has earned the spot already.

The odds of the best man available for the position just happened to be already on staff in Buffalo are about ZERO.

But b/c of McDimwit who will always put himself and his career ahead of all other things, he'll want to retain someone like Brady b/c he won't offer any opposition to MCDimwith in the locker room.

You'd have to hope for a fired Offensive Head Coach who is willing to take a step back for a year or two until another HC opportunity comes along.

Any top OC is already lined up for the many open HC positions.

Beyond that, you are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with an up and coming first-time play caller.

I agree the job shouldnt be handed to Brady. But I dont expect to find many better candidates. Given his experience at LSU and already calling plays for the Panthers and now the Bills, he's pretty much the top OC candidate out there. If the Bills dont hire him, he'll have another job that same day.

edit:

That said, Reich and Arthur Smith are NOT the right guys. Probably not Josh McDaniels either.

Kliff Kinsgbury?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You'd have to hope for a fired Offensive Head Coach who is willing to take a step back for a year or two until another HC opportunity comes along.

Any top OC is already lined up for the many open HC positions.

Beyond that, you are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with an up and coming first-time play caller.

I agree the job shouldnt be handed to Brady. But I dont expect to find many better candidates. Given his experience at LSU and already calling plays for the Panthers and now the Bills, he's pretty much the top OC candidate out there. If the Bills dont hire him, he'll have another job that same day.

edit:

That said, Reich and Arthur Smith are NOT the right guys. Probably not Josh McDaniels either.

Kliff Kinsgbury?

Not being an insider and knowing all the information, if josh wanted to seriously elevate his craft he’d ask for McDaniels. 

• Vomit 1

26 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I agree with Brady not being handed the OC position. I think he’s in a really good spot but how he does in the playoffs will determine whether he gets a chance to install his own offense instead of running the Daboll/Dorsey system.

I was off the McD train after Denver, I thought that having 12 men on the field was a 13 second level of incompetence but I was willing to give him the rest of the year to see if he showed that growth mindset he always talks about. Also, even after Denver I always felt there was a zero percent chance he’d be fired by Pegula.

I’m back on the McD train. His patchwork defense has been playing lights out for the last 5 games, closing out games we were previously losing.

He’s been extremely aggressive offensively in a targeted manner, just not “Go for it on every 4th down”.

There’s no way you can look at any videos of this team since the Dunne article and think he was ever close to losing the locker room. Guys don’t rally around their coach like that, guys don’t play this hard every game for each other if they don’t believe in the coach and themselves.

Why do we need a DC? Seems like after a rocky first half of the season McD is doing a great job calling the plays, the defense has been balling out even missing so many guys. When guy go down, backups come in and play solid (maybe not spectacular but the depth players are obviously ready to go and play hard).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, eball said:

You’re both wrong.  McD fired Dorsey when the Bills lost to the Broncos to go to 5-5.  Brady is 6-1 as the OC.

And that one loss was in OT, and we had scored but the D gave up a TD to the Eagles.  i think Davis was open in the end zone but not where Josh expected him to be [sound familiar] or they would have had a walk-off TD.

8 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I seriously doubt Rivera comes to Buffalo. The only reason for my (somewhat tongue in cheek)comment was because of the unending Carolina connection that seems to find it's way to Buffalo. 

would Wink Martindale work as our DC next year.  He resigned as a DC in NY today citing differences with Brian, his HC

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Do you all still want McD fired or is that for next week?

He has to produce more than just one playoff victory, period... Vegas thinks highly of the Bills to at least make it to the Super Bowl, and if we don't McD must accept the blame for it- he's the overall leader of the team who is responsible. The overall goal is to win a championship, not to produce a single playoff victory and then go into the offseason.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

You mean like when he canned Rick Dennison after 1 season to bring in notoriously combustible Brian Daboll to run the offense and Daboll went on to hold the role until he was hired as a HC? 

Edited by JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Unless he lands a HC job, I’d be surprised if Brady isn’t the Bills OC next year. Feel he’s done well and can only get better with a full offseason to implement his offense.

Feel he is more in tune with players skills than Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Chargers situation has to be the best.

QB

WR

DE

Plus some other nice players. But you have a QB to work with, so a lot of the other stuff works out. Division is kind of tough but each year is its own story and Denver is about to have no QB

They have a lot of good talent but I feel their WR corps is a bit overrated. Johnston is awful, Allen is old and Williams is made of paper mache. Palmer looks pretty promising though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.