Head coach carousel 2024 edition

djp14150

The Vrabel news is interesting, especially considering his career highlight is pretty much the same as McD's.....getting to an AFCCG against the Chiefs and losing. He's also won 2 road playoff games and McD has zero of those under his belt to this point.

But it just goes to show what is truly important to some owners, and obviously the Titans are going through a pretty significant rebuild moving forward with a young QB, King Henry and many other veterans impending departure, etc...so it does make sense to start fresh from that point of view where the Bills will still have Allen any many other pieces next year despite their own pending roster turnover, and coming off a playoff appearance even if they don't go far again.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Vrabel will land another HC gig, he is one of if not the top candidate right now for any opening. I hope he doesn't replace Belichick if he leaves.

Why wouldn’t Tennessee try to trade him?  I think they could have pulled that off.  

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow this is a shocking move:

For my money Vrabel is a top 5 coach in the NFL, let down by poor roster management. I hope he doesn't end up in New England...

The Commanders new owner is thought to be one looking for a splash hire. This would qualify and I would keep my eye on them. 

3 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Either way I think this is bad for the Bills, Patriots are 100% going to hire Vrabel and his style of football is tough. I think he's a good coach and probably coming to the AFC east. 

He's a good coach.  Not worried given that NE roster.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Why wouldn’t Tennessee try to trade him?  I think they could have pulled that off.  

who's trading for a coach on the hot seat?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Vrabel news is interesting, especially considering his career highlight is pretty much the same as McD's.....getting to an AFCCG against the Chiefs and losing. He's also won 2 road playoff games and McD has zero of those under his belt to this point.

But it just goes to show what is truly important to some owners, and obviously the Titans are going through a pretty significant rebuild moving forward with a young QB, King Henry and many other veterans impending departure, etc...so it does make sense to start fresh from that point of view where the Bills will still have Allen any many other pieces next year despite their own pending roster turnover, and coming off a playoff appearance even if they don't go far again.

This assumes the Vrabel wasnt sick of ownership. This decision may have been made because of Vrabels feelings toward the org. Even if someone is a good coach, sometimes a relationship becomes to soured they have to go.

I expect hell be in Foxborough soon

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Commanders new owner is thought to be one looking for a splash hire. This would qualify and I would keep my eye on them. 

If Vrabel brings his own staff, I'd love to bring EB in as OC.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's a good coach.  Not worried given that NE roster.

I can agree, but a coach like Vrabel is very Belichick like, if he accidentally gets a QB he will be a hard out.

Now, he isn't very QB savvy, so he has to get lucky, but I don't even want that possibility lol.

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

I can agree, but a coach like Vrabel is very Belichick like, if he accidentally gets a QB he will be a hard out.

Now, he isn't very QB savvy, so he has to get lucky, but I don't even want that possibility lol.

A future HOF QB makes a lot of coaches look pretty good.  But one isn't walking through that door any time soon.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

If Vrabel brings his own staff, I'd love to bring EB in as OC.

I would almost think Vrabel would bring Arthur Smith with him as OC. EB would be someone to consider ..but I'm also wondering if enough of the top HC candidates avoid the Carolina job that he finally gets a HC job there. 

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

WTF is so interesting about that? Vrabel has two losing seasons in a row under his belt. 

Are you going to make a similar dense post when Belichick gets canned or they part “mutually”?

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.