What are YOU doing to get the Bills into the playoffs?

5 hours ago, Guffalo said:

I apologize in advance, I was hospitalized Tuesday and have had three surgeries to correct a blood clot and damage to tissue on my right leg. The doctor is going to let me get out of ICU sometime tomorrow, but I will just be moved to a regular floor,  I wont be at home where I watch 5-8 games a year or at the game venue where I watch the rest. 

Getting old sucks

Stay safe and ask for Eliquis 

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Someone needs to take one for the team and start betting $5000 on our opponents.

Sadly you're starting to date yourself and many won't get it.  

6 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I been wondering where that 95% came from.  It’s total BS

95% is based off non contextual win probabilities.  Ignoring the playoff situation, Ravens would be very strong favorites.  

If you assume that Vegas does a decent job of setting odds, we are implied around 80-85% to get in depending on the book.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Guffalo said:

I apologize in advance, I was hospitalized Tuesday and have had three surgeries to correct a blood clot and damage to tissue on my right leg. The doctor is going to let me get out of ICU sometime tomorrow, but I will just be moved to a regular floor,  I wont be at home where I watch 5-8 games a year or at the game venue where I watch the rest. 

Getting old sucks

I hear that,  hang in there dude. Can we deliver some wings to your room?

I did not put a single Bills player in my FanDuel league. Like clockwork, the couple of times I go with Allen at QB he has a stinker. It’s part of the reason I never pick him anymore. Dude balls out 15 games a year - other 2 games I have him. 

10 hours ago, stevestojan said:

***** the bills. ***** the playoffs. Just get better my friend. 

if you need my Sunday ticket login, shoot me a PM. 

Edit: nevermind, it’s - of course - a nationally televised game. 

Thanks anyway, its appreciated

7 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Trying to spread bad karma for the fish whenever I can.

For example, I verbally bully people if they are wearing fish gear, especially women and children.

Cool.  The sweet spot with kids is between the ages of 3-7.  They are just following the team their parent likes, haven’t been able to pick their own yet.  So in a way, bullying them is bullying their parent. 

12 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Getting old sucks

All the best on your recovery.  I'm hoping/expecting to get my Mom out of Huntington Hospital tomorrow (in since Wednesday) and it has the potential of disrupting me watching from home.  

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

Two birds with one stone strategy.

My plan is to tell my wife in the morning that I had a dream that if we had consensual....the Bills would win.

If we didn't, it's on her.

Just get it out of the way before she wakes up 

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Cool.  The sweet spot with kids is between the ages of 3-7.  They are just following the team their parent likes, haven’t been able to pick their own yet.  So in a way, bullying them is bullying their parent. 

Yes, thanks.  And really, hopefully helping the whole family change their ways now and going forward.

If I keep it going long enough usually one of the kids or the mom starts crying.  That means it's working.

On 1/6/2024 at 5:31 AM, MiltonWaddams said:

As an IPA lover , have you had Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing? If you can get your hands on it, it is the finest beer I’ve ever tasted. Keep doing your game day plan though! 

@MiltonWaddams

Elephino 5-oh now! 😀🤞

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What I ended up doing...

Wore my "Won Not Done" playoff sweatshirt.  

Started playing Sudoku on my work phone right before the punt returned for a TD.  Since that seemed to work, I kept playing till the game was over.  

You're welcome. 

Edited by Just Jack

I made a batch of wings with a new technique:

Wings ala Tom

This recipe cuts out a lot of the fat, primarily by not deep-frying, but the wings still come out tender and juicy.

1. Start with a package of frozen chicken wings, skin on, separated into drums and flats.

2. Put them in a pot of water, bring to a boil, and cook until a meat thermometer says they're at 165F internally.

3. Remove from heat. Drain the water, which gets rid of some of the fat. Put them in the fridge to cool for a while.

4. Line a baking tin with two layers of paper towels. Place wings on paper towels and cover with another layer of paper towels. Dry the outsides thoroughly.

5. Move the wings to a pan or bowl and add some Frank's RedHot. Shake/stir to coat the wings. Save the sauce for later! (Remember, the wings are already cooked.)

6. Put wings onto an oven-safe grate with a baking sheet underneath. Skin should be facing up.

7. You can air-fry them, broil them, or use a convection oven. (Our convection oven has an air-fry setting.) Either way, don't preheat it. Set it at 400F and put the wings into the oven on the top rack. As the temperature slowly increases, the fat from the skin will baste the meat. Cook for 10 minutes.

8. Flip wings over and cook for another five minutes. They should be nice and crispy all around.

9. Remove wings and toss them back into the bowl of RedHot. Coat thoroughly.

10. Put the wings back in the oven for about 5 minutes.

These are the best wings I've had in years - even better than most I've had in WNY, and certainly better than anything I've found outside of WNY. I doubt I'll ever order wings from a restaurant again. And using the oven/air-fryer instead of a deep-fryer doesn't detract from the taste or juiciness at all. In the summer, I'll use the grill instead of the air-fryer.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.