So how are we feeling about Coach McDermott?

Haven't changed since 13 seconds.  Fire him.  Now, after the season, I don't care.  The 4th and puss where he wasted a TO instead of taking the DOG shows that he still hasn't learned the importance of saving time outs.  The playoffs are too tight, the teams too good.  He makes a mistake like that in the playoffs, the Bills will be eliminated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The folks who want McDermott replaced are the same ones who thought the sky was falling when Edmunds left to Chicago. No patience. They are now silent re. Terrell Bernard (or saying “ohhhh, I always thought he was ok”). That’s the problem…we can’t keep track of who said what re. Bernard, McDermott, Allen, Diggs, etc. (unless you have nothing else to do). But when you compare McD to Tomlin, McCarthy, or even Harbaugh, he’s got time. So does Josh. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Bills and Eagles are pretty closely matched teams. On the day their talent just made one or two more plays. If we want to really break it down simply.... Tyler Bass missed two FGs from 34 and 48 and their kicker nailed a 59 yarder in a squal. It probably came down to that as much as anything else.

OK, so they're not a better team, you're simply saying that they outplayed us then, right? 

Out of curiosity, of the teams we've played, which do you think are better than we are on paper, this season, all things considered? 

Jets twice 

Pats twice 

Fins twice 

Chiefs 

Chargers

Broncos 

Raiders 

Eagles

Cowboys

Washington 

Giants 

Jags

Bengals

Tampa 

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

OK, so they're not a better team, you're simply saying that they outplayed us then, right? 

Out of curiosity, of the teams we've played, which do you think are better than we are on paper, this season, all things considered? 

Jets twice 

Pats twice 

Fins twice 

Chiefs 

Chargers

Broncos 

Raiders 

Eagles

Cowboys

Washington 

Giants 

Jags

Bengals

Tampa 

I would give the Eagles the edge on us on paper. Yes. I think they are better on both lines and have better receivers. And on the day their talent made more plays. I think the Cowboys actually player for player have more talent on paper too (the Bills significantly outcoached Dallas fwiw). Then I think Miami, Jacksonville, Kansas City, the Chargers and the Bengals all on paper are very closely matched. 

So before the season that was 8 games where I'd have said at least that the Bills don't have a significant talent advantage. So my thinking was let's say you split those 8 games 4-4. You will probably lose one you shouldn't somewhere because it is the NFL, the parity is closer than most imagine and it happens most years even to the best teams. That gets you to 5 losses. 12-5. That was basically my basis for where I expected they would be pre-season. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

He still plays not to lose and punts at mid field. If Bills lose again in the playoffs, it is because of him.

Not because of a missed FG in the first qtr, pass interference in the 2nd qtr leading to TD or a fumble with 2 mins left? There are so many variables it’s impossible to blame on a head coach. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You didn't disprove it. The numbers proved me right. You just didn't accept it. I did say I'd do the same detail breakdown of the other KC game (I can't recall if I did 2021 or 2022 now) but I didn't ever get around to it. 

Still. I proved you wrong. As I do time and time again when you try and hammer your false narratives.

I reviewed every single play in the KC game and found only one I think it was in which he made an impact.  You said that he make a bunch in that game.

I'm happy to do it again, it didn't take that long.  

The entire conversation came up when I cited his lack of stats for a player that was getting $2M+, and that's when you claimed that his contributions didn't show up on the stat sheet.  "Key blocks" was among them.  Then you cited that game, I went through and viewed every single play he was in, found that he made only one impact as I recall, you can find the posts if you want, and gave you the time-stamp of every play in the video.  I cannot disprove something th

You then said there were a whole bunch on the season.  You never provided any others.  Fact.  

Either way, that past us, do you think that Gilliam's done anything noteworthy to earn his $2M+ this season?  I've asked this three times now and have yet to get an answer.  It's a simple question.  I don't even know why you'd hesitate to say no.  

10 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Haven't changed since 13 seconds.  Fire him.  Now, after the season, I don't care.  The 4th and puss where he wasted a TO instead of taking the DOG shows that he still hasn't learned the importance of saving time outs.  The playoffs are too tight, the teams too good.  He makes a mistake like that in the playoffs, the Bills will be eliminated.

I was with you with 13 seconds. I’m open to be convinced by this season if Bills beat the Phins. And play strong well game managed football in the playoffs to make a major run. But much like Shanny in SF I need to see it. Otherwise if we see a low energy effort and poor game management I’m up for a change.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

still a guy in the manner of 90’s Dolphins and Rivers Chargers  He has JA and we haven’t made a SB and because of him could miss the playoffs this year.  Can he win a big game in the playoffs…we’ll hopefully see soon!!

18 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The folks who want McDermott replaced are the same ones who thought the sky was falling when Edmunds left to Chicago. No patience. They are now silent re. Terrell Bernard (or saying “ohhhh, I always thought he was ok”). That’s the problem…we can’t keep track of who said what re. Bernard, McDermott, Allen, Diggs, etc. (unless you have nothing else to do). But when you compare McD to Tomlin, McCarthy, or even Harbaugh, he’s got time. So does Josh. 

wrong.  The McD fanboys are the same people who thought nothing would get better if Edmunds was gone. Totally living in fear. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

Super Bowl or bust? So if we lose in the SB to the 49ers by 1 point you say fire him? 

He deserves better than that. 

I did not say Superbowl trophy. If they get to the Superbowl, then they've won 3 playoff games and he ought to be back.

Just now, PBF81 said:

You then said there were a whole bunch on the season.  You never provided any others.  Fact.  

Either way, that past us, do you think that Gilliam's done anything noteworthy to earn his $2M+ this season?  I've asked this three times now and have yet to get an answer.  It's a simple question.  I don't even know why you'd hesitate to say no.  

I never said the bolded. That is a lie. My point was always it is a very specific role. And it is about putting defenses in a bind and forcing them into advantageous positions for the Bills. It was not something they did week to week and I never claimed it happened a bunch.

They have used Gilliam much less on offense this season. Dallas is the only game where I'd say he had an impact off the top of my head. They did run some conventional 2 back stuff that day. It isn't something they have done much of. Withour checking the numbers I reckon his snap count is way down on offense. That certainly makes it easier to question whether they got the value out of him. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would give the Eagles the edge on us on paper. Yes. I think they are better on both lines and have better receivers. And on the day their talent made more plays. I think the Cowboys actually player for player have more talent on paper too (the Bills significantly outcoached Dallas fwiw). Then I think Miami, Jacksonville, Kansas City, the Chargers and the Bengals all on paper are very closely matched. 

So before the season that was 8 games where I'd have said at least that the Bills don't have a significant talent advantage. So my thinking was let's say you split those 8 games 4-4. You will probably lose one you shouldn't somewhere because it is the NFL, the parity is closer than most imagine and it happens most years even to the best teams. That gets you to 5 losses. 12-5. That was basically my basis for where I expected they would be pre-season. 

OK, great, but when you said all that it was preseason.  

Rodgers went out for the Jets. 

Herbert was out for the Chargers when we played them.  So was Allen and Bosa BTW.  i.e., I'd take our injuries over theirs.  If we had the same luck, Allen, Diggs, and Milano would all be out.  

KC, as it turns out, has no WRs.  Not that this should have been a mystery, nonetheless.  

That's four games.  

I also think that you'd get quite a bit of argument here that Jax and the Chargers are closely matched.  The Charger D sucks.  Jax's offense, inexplicably perhaps, is ranked 13th, their D 15th.  Not sure that equates to being closely matched.  Nor has Lawrence's play even approached Allen's, Cook's having a better year than Etienne, and the WRs/TEs are arguably comparable.  We definitely have a significantly better D however.  

Thanks!!  

Either way, 12-4 right now is hardly unreasonable.  So getting back to my point, and changing it from 13-3 to 12-4, if we were 12-4 right now we would likely have a legitimate shot at the 1st Seed, if not the #2 Seed and Division wrapped up already.  That would have been a whole lot more impressive for McD rather than three losses to teams that by your implication, are not closely matched in terms of talent.  Jets, NE, and Denver.  Fine, let's say that throwing the ball over 70% of the time against a team whose defensive strength was their pass D wasn't a coaching issue, we still lost games that we shouldn't have to NE and Denver.  

At the end of the day, McD's disposition has absolutely zero to do with how or what anyone here says or thinks.  His disposition will depend upon his own judgement and coaching on remaining gamedays.  

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I never said the bolded. That is a lie. My point was always it is a very specific role. And it is about putting defenses in a bind and forcing them into advantageous positions for the Bills. It was not something they did week to week and I never claimed it happened a bunch.

They have used Gilliam much less on offense this season. Dallas is the only game where I'd say he had an impact off the top of my head. They did run some conventional 2 back stuff that day. It isn't something they have done much of. Withour checking the numbers I reckon his snap count is way down on offense. That certainly makes it easier to question whether they got the value out of him. 

You did say that, otherwise we never would have been in disagreement.  I do not disagree with the adjusted take that you now seem to have on Gilliam.  My take was that he was never worth the $2M+ that his contract was for.  It certainly hasn't been this season.  

Anyway, who cares.  Let's call it.  The thread search doesn't go back that far.  It's not that important.  :)

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I always felt that thinking is very flawed. I like pairing a franchise QB with a defensive head coach. The key factor in both cases is the coach must be good at his job.

We have a top 10 offense and defense every single season. 

Bring in a good DC and get out of his way.  I want my HC, OC and QB all on the same page.  I just don't think Allen likes playing McDermott's slowball 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

OK, great, but when you said all that it was preseason.  

Rodgers went out for the Jets. 

Herbert was out for the Chargers when we played them.  So was Allen and Bosa BTW.  i.e., I'd take our injuries over theirs.  If we had the same luck, Allen, Diggs, and Milano would all be out.  

KC, as it turns out, has no WRs.  Not that this should have been a mystery, nonetheless.  

That's four games.  

I also think that you'd get quite a bit of argument here that Jax and the Chargers are closely matched.  The Charger D sucks.  Jax's offense, inexplicably perhaps, is ranked 13th, their D 15th.  Not sure that equates to being closely matched.  Nor has Lawrence's play even approached Allen's, Cook's having a better year than Etienne, and the WRs/TEs are arguably comparable.  We definitely have a significantly better D however.  

Thanks!!  

Either way, 12-4 right now is hardly unreasonable.  So getting back to my point, and changing it from 13-3 to 12-4, if we were 12-4 right now we would likely have a legitimate shot at the 1st Seed, if not the #2 Seed and Division wrapped up already.  That would have been a whole lot more impressive for McD rather than three losses to teams that by your implication, are not closely matched in terms of talent.  Jets, NE, and Denver.  Fine, let's say that throwing the ball over 70% of the time against a team whose defensive strength was their pass D wasn't a coaching issue, we still lost games that we shouldn't have to NE and Denver.  

At the end of the day, McD's disposition has absolutely zero to do with how or what anyone here says or thinks.  His disposition will depend upon his own judgement and coaching on remaining gamedays.  

I haven't sought to argue that McDermott has been perfect this year. In fact I have criticised him plenty and particularly for those two losses to New England and Denver. I don't think it has been his best year as HC and while there have been signs post bye that maybe he has smoothed some of it out I think he struggled earlier in the year marrying his two jobs together. I just don't think this team was a slam dunk should be winning 13 games type team against this schedule. That would have been nice. And it wasn't impossible. But I always thought it was probably at the optimistic end. 

You are right that what people here say or think will have zero impact. Barring a 13 second style meltdown (which I do think could prompt a re-think if it is on that level of egrigous) McDermott is absolutely safe, playoff or no playoff. The Joe B piece in the Athletic was pretty clear. Within the organisation he is safe as houses. The Pegulas have no desire to make a change.

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't sought to argue that McDermott has been perfect this year. In fact I have criticised him plenty and particularly for those two losses to New England and Denver. I don't think it has been his best year as HC and while there have been signs post bye that maybe he has smoothed some of it out I think he struggled earlier in the year marrying his two jobs together. I just don't think this team was a slam dunk should be winning 13 games type team against this schedule. That would have been nice. And it wasn't impossible. But I always thought it was probably at the optimistic end. 

You are right that what people here say or think will have zero impact. Barring a 13 second style meltdown (which I do think could prompt a re-think if it is on that level of egrigous) McDermott is absolutely safe, playoff or no playoff. The Joe B piece in the Athletic was pretty clear. Within the organisation he is safe as houses. The Pegulas have no desire to make a change.

Here's where I would push back on that.  

We've had the easiest schedule we've had in 15 seasons. 

The AFC is the weakest it's been since McD arrived.  

IMO 13-4 given the level of talent that we have on O, and now in hindsight particularly that we've had the least injured OL in the league, with each OL-man posting over a 96.5% snap count, and with Torrence at 100%, the addition of Kincaid, the emergence of Cook as one of the best, possibly second only to McCaffrey, 13 wins should have easily been expected.  

As it is, our scoring, now with Allen in his fourth emergent season, will be less than it was over the past three seasons, which is inexcusable given the above.  

JMO

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PBF81 said:

Here's where I would push back on that.  

We've had the easiest schedule we've had in 15 seasons. 

The AFC is the weakest it's been since McD arrived.  

IMO 13-4 given the level of talent that we have on O, and now in hindsight particularly that we've had the least injured OL in the league, with each OL-man posting over a 96.5% snap count, and with Torrence at 100%, the addition of Kincaid, the emergence of Cook as one of the best, possibly second only to McCaffrey, 13 wins should have easily been expected.  

As it is, our scoring, now with Allen in his fourth emergent season, will be less than it was over the past three seasons, which is inexcusable given the above.  

JMO

I think we have had the toughest schedule of the McDermott era. It was ranked I think 2nd toughest before the season began based on last year's win totals. Haven't seen how it eventually ranks but again, likely 6 games against double digit win teams. Not sure how many other teams will have had that? 

The easiest schedule was 2019. Not saying making the playoffs was a mirage that year or anything but the Bills had a schedule that set up perfectly for them. 

I take the point on relative health on offense. I think the wide receiver group has struggled. There has been some coaching issues on that side, witness the change in OC, but also Josh Allen just hasn't been consistent enough and he leads the league in interceptions. 

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

BTW, here's another perspective. 

After 16 games we're 10-6.  That's only a game better than Malarkey's 2004 team and Marrone's 2014 team, both of which had much more difficult schedules, Marrone's the second toughest schedule over that same 15-years.  

It's also only a game better than McD's inaugural season with Taylor at QB.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we have had the toughest schedule of the McDermott era. It was ranked I think 2nd toughest before the season began based on last year's win totals. Haven't seen how it eventually ranks but again, likely 6 games against double digit win teams. Not sure how many other teams will have had that? 

The easiest schedule was 2019. Not saying making the playoffs was a mirage that year or anything but the Bills had a schedule that set up perfectly for them. 

I take the point on relative health on offense. I think the wide receiver group has struggled. There has been some coaching issues on that side, witness the change in OC, but also Josh Allen just hasn't been consistent enough and he leads the league in interceptions. 

I'm going by the strength of schedule metrics.  

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I'm going by the strength of schedule metrics.  

It is by that metric we had the

7th hardest schedule in the NFL pre-season.

EDIT: sorry 7th.

Edited by GunnerBill

4 hours ago, Malazan said:

Short of a Superbowl, I think they need a change. There's something wrong with the way this team conducts itself. They are flat and unprepared and seem to have volatile emotional swings throughout the season and within individual games. I mean, that happens, but it's too much. The lack of consistency is their biggest problem.

Look around the league.  You are describeing 30 of the 32 teams in the NFL.  Injuries take their toll and it takes a few games to adjust.   A fact you seem to ignore. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Has anyone changed their opinion of him over the last month?

This will be an emotional weekend. I’m prepared for a lot of McDermott threads Sunday night if things go poorly. I want to see how we’re feeling entering the biggest regular season game of his head coaching career.

Still can’t stand him as HC, but if he wins a Super Bowl this year, he can stay here forever.

I just want 1.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is by that metric we had the

7th hardest schedule in the NFL pre-season.

EDIT: sorry 7th.

Preseason?  

Why does that matter?  

Also, that 2014 team was led by Orton, as we've discussed in the past.  A washed-up Jackson was our RB.  So to go only a game better with Allen and Cook would seem to be seriously underachieving, the reasons notwithstanding.  

That 2004 team was led by Bledsoe.  Same there.  

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Has anyone changed their opinion of him over the last month?

This will be an emotional weekend. I’m prepared for a lot of McDermott threads Sunday night if things go poorly. I want to see how we’re feeling entering the biggest regular season game of his head coaching career.

Im at where I’ve always been at:  he stays as long as the team is playing hard and winning. We are still doing both of those things. When we have back to back 8-9 seasons then we can start talking about replacing him. 

I believe since 2019 or 2020 only Andy Reid has more wins than McD. 

5 hours ago, Malazan said:

Short of a Superbowl, I think they need a change. There's something wrong with the way this team conducts itself. They are flat and unprepared and seem to have volatile emotional swings throughout the season and within individual games. I mean, that happens, but it's too much. The lack of consistency is their biggest problem.

As in my previous post, since 2019 or 2020 (I can’t remember now) only Andy Reid has more wins than McD. That’s pretty consistent. 

I just checked - the Bills have the 2nd most regular seasons wins since 2019. The Chiefs are #1. 

Yeh, let’s fire McD. Fire Beane too!

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Preseason?  

Why does that matter?  

Also, that 2014 team was led by Orton, as we've discussed in the past.  A washed-up Jackson was our RB.  So to go only a game better with Allen and Cook would seem to be seriously underachieving, the reasons notwithstanding.  

That 2004 team was led by Bledsoe.  Same there.  

I haven't seen an updated metric. Id be surprised if the Bills have had many seasons with 6 games against 10 win teams. 

And if the Bills lose on Sunday they have underachieved. There is no dispute about that.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't seen an updated metric. Id be surprised if the Bills have had many seasons with 6 games against 10 win teams. 

And if the Bills lose on Sunday they have underachieved. There is no dispute about that.

Well, so far, and if we include Miami twice, we'll have faced only five 10-win teams.  

Anytime there's been a 10-win team in the division, that's two games.  

But by the same vein, how many times have we played 7 teams with 6 or fewer wins.  

We played five 10-win teams in 2021.  

We played seven 10-win teams in 2020.  

• Like (+1) 1

Ask me after the season. Before the season my belief was that the Bills would coast into the #2 or #3 seed with ease but likely fall short of the #1 seed. So I never planned on using the regular season as a measuring stick. I said before the season if McDermott once again has us lose a disappointing playoff game short of the AFCCG I would want to replace him. For me a competitive loss in the AFCCG is the absolute floor of what I would be comfortable with to keep McDermott another year.

Of course the regular season went worse than I expected and now we are fighting for our playoff lives. If we beat Miami and get in, McDermott will genuinely have done a great job down the stretch getting the team back on track for a playoff run with a very impressive win streak over a tough stretch of games. Still my initial feelings before the season won't have changed - I need to see him prove he can have this team prepared for a Super Bowl, not a mere playoff appearance which now is just the floor. So playoff success will still be my measuring stick.

If we flat out miss the playoffs I'll feel hopeless going into next season knowing that our head coach isn't the one and counting the days until he's fired, hopefully before it's too late to grace Allen's career with at least one championship.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Look around the league.  You are describeing 30 of the 32 teams in the NFL.  Injuries take their toll and it takes a few games to adjust.   A fact you seem to ignore. 

It's been going back to last season so not sure how much longer they'd need to adjust to injuries that happened this season.. last season. That's some strange time loop you've conceived of there..

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Yeh, let’s fire McD. Fire Beane too!

Not sure what you have against Beane. The rest of us are talking about McDermott. Oh, there's something else that slightly different about Reid and McDermott... can't quite remember what it is, but I feel there's 2 of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Let’s see how the rest of the year plays out. That said, assuming we don’t get at least to the super bowl, all bets should be off and I’m fine moving on if Beane feels strongly about an offensive minded coach to shake things up. As others have said, the problem a defensive head coach presents is losing offensive coordinators every 2-3 years if they’re any good. Would love to have the next Andy Reid to give Josh stability and let them hire a top d coordinator to handle that side.

Edited by Kincaid Kool-Aid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ask me after the season. Before the season my belief was that the Bills would coast into the #2 or #3 seed with ease but likely fall short of the #1 seed. So I never planned on using the regular season as a measuring stick. I said before the season if McDermott once again has us lose a disappointing playoff game short of the AFCCG I would want to replace him. For me a competitive loss in the AFCCG is the absolute floor of what I would be comfortable with to keep McDermott another year.

Of course the regular season went worse than I expected and now we are fighting for our playoff lives. If we beat Miami and get in, McDermott will genuinely have done a great job down the stretch getting the team back on track for a playoff run with a very impressive win streak over a tough stretch of games. Still my initial feelings before the season won't have changed - I need to see him prove he can have this team prepared for a Super Bowl, not a mere playoff appearance which now is just the floor. So playoff success will still be my measuring stick.

If we flat out miss the playoffs I'll feel hopeless going into next season knowing that our head coach isn't the one and counting the days until he's fired, hopefully before it's too late to grace Allen's career with at least one championship.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more. 👍

• Agree 1

I don't put a lot on the HC.   The OC and DC call the plays.  The positional assistants drill the players.  The players play the games.   The HC is mainly a coordinating person who gets the last say when needed, which isn't very often.   

So if you have great OC and DC and other staff, it is totally disfunctional to fire the HC bc that means a new HC replaces all the staff, setting the players and field performance back months/years.  

McD is obviously much more agressive than Frazier and the defense is much more an attacking defense.  Frazier watched the defense, McD actually calls the defense play by play.  

I think it is insane to replace McD and set everything back by years.  Why would you do this?   Winning and losing games in the NFL is a knifes edge right now, I want as much stability as I can. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I don't put a lot on the HC.   The OC and DC call the plays.  The positional assistants drill the players.  The players play the games.   The HC is mainly a coordinating person who gets the last say when needed, which isn't very often.   

So if you have great OC and DC and other staff, it is totally disfunctional to fire the HC bc that means a new HC replaces all the staff, setting the players and field performance back months/years.  

McD is obviously much more agressive than Frazier and the defense is much more an attacking defense.  Frazier watched the defense, McD actually calls the defense play by play.  

I think it is insane to replace McD and set everything back by years.  Why would you do this?   Winning and losing games in the NFL is a knifes edge right now, I want as much stability as I can. 

Replacing McD and setting everything back by years is not true! 

A coaching change could have the opposite effect and propell the team forward. 

Both are unknowns. What's know is McD hasn't been able to get this team over the top with one of the best QBs in the league. 

Arguments on both sides for and against McD exist. Fear of change shouldn't be one of them. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

People don’t like to be wrong. 

They’ll always be too hard on McDermott no matter what. 

Unless they win the SB.....that is the one and only thing that will shut (most) people up.

11 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

This thread amazes me. 

You guy would rather have Hank Bullough?

Or Jim Ringo?

Or Kay Stephenson?

4 out of every 5 Bills coaches have been losers. Chumps. Under .500. 

Yet you want to take one of most winning Bills ever and toss him aside after a winning season?

SM H

I am not a fire him guy but the chances of getting a Bullough are pretty much zero.   Coaches will be falling all over themselves to get the job with the freedom the owner allows and the guy they have at QB. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Replacing McD and setting everything back by years is not true! 

A coaching change could have the opposite effect and propell the team forward. 

Both are unknowns. What's know is McD hasn't been able to get this team over the top with one of the best QBs in the league. 

Arguments on both sides for abd against McD exist. Fear of change shouldn't be one of them. 

Agreed. Look at what the Texans have become with DeMeco Ryans or the Lions with Dan Campbell. McDermott has been here 7 years. His regular season record is very good, but the lack of playoff success is why I want to move on from him. I don't think he will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl Championship at this point. IMHO.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

And McDermott created the structure and support to develop that QB. 

No he didn't. In fact he did just the opposite. 

Beane got Allen Diggs. McD has created unnecessary tension with our superstar WR. 

McD has botched the OC hires terribly. He and Beane failed to recognize Teller was a future star. Even now McD keeps Murray active while Fournette sits on the PS. 

McD benches the #1 RB after a fumble.  How did that help Allen?

Allen wins despite McD not the other way around. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have now gone from an objective critic, but not an outright apologist, to a ride or die kind of guy.  To see what he and his coaching staff has had to endure and work through to get to 10 wins with the kind of injuries and piss poor play at the QB position at times, I am now all in.

I'm sorry to those who gripe about clock management, and going soft on defense (see all 22 from Philly, he clearly did not), he's a rather solid coach, and I don't think you're going to find a single coach out there who would have done better, let alone produce what this team has.  not one.  This team belives in him, and that can't be measured in my opinion.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No he didn't. In fact he did just the opposite. 

Beane got Allen Diggs. McD has created unnecessary tension with our superstar WR. 

McD has botched the OC hires terribly. He and Beane failed to recognize Teller was a future star. Even now McD keeps Murray active while Fournette sits on the PS. 

McD benches the #1 RB after a fumble.  How did that help Allen?

Allen wins despite McD not the other way around. 

Unbelievable people believe this stuff. The fact that McDermott is also responsible for Brandon Beane should’ve stopped you from posting this.

McDermott built everything!

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.