Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

He is a great recruiter, not a great coach, imo. As long as his talent is superior to his opponent's (i.e. SF, UM) it typically overcomes the multiple mistakes he regularly makes. Additionally, he is much better off in college where players have less power and only have to put up with his idiocy and attitude for 2-3 years.

Every pro job he ever takes will likely blow up in his face within 3-4 years when adults and professionals are done with his stupidity and self-important ignorance.

He was a fantastic coach at San Diego (D 3, I know, but a realm where the coaching is what separates teams since all are pretty low talent) and rebuilt a bad Stanford program from the ground up. They went 12-1 his final year with an orange bowl win, and there’s no way you can say that they had more talent across the board than USC or Oregon.  At SF, he took over a niners team that has been bad for a decade and immediately got them to 13-3 with Alex Smith. I don’t really see your point. Michigan looked to be running a much more sophisticated and well thought out scheme on both sides of the ball vs Alabama on Monday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He was a fantastic coach at San Diego (D 3, I know, but a realm where the coaching is what separates teams since all are pretty low talent) and rebuilt a bad Stanford program from the ground up. They went 12-1 his final year with an orange bowl win, and there’s no way you can say that they had more talent across the board than USC or Oregon.  At SF, he took over a niners team that has been bad for a decade and immediately got them to 13-3 with Alex Smith. I don’t really see your point. Michigan looked to be running a much more sophisticated and well thought out scheme on both sides of the ball vs Alabama on Monday.

He took over a loaded Niners team that had been run into the ground by Mike Singletary who was so bad he is not even welcome in the league any more and most recently went 1-21 as a HS coach. And right on cue, it blew up in his face in year 4 and he was handed his hat.

And I thought Michigan looked better with Sherron Moore managing games than Harbaugh.

Not to mention that San Diego was a conference champion the year before he got there and also the year after he left; he had minimal effect on their program.

If I'm an NFL owner, I don't let this megalomaniac anywhere near my franchise.

And I will step out now as I don't want to drive this thread off the rails.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Since1981 said:

“ VividSeats projects that the split of fans at Sunday's game in Miami will be 52% to 48% in favor of the Bills. with an average resale price of $311.”

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bills-mafia-takeover-52-of-fans-attending-game-in-miami-projected-to-be-buffalo-bills-fans

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I said it in a previous thread I think, Bills fans have some excitement to see the accomplishment of one hell of a snatching the division from the near complete collapse of the season, while Dolphins fans have to have a sense of dread of seeing something they've seen a lot against the Bills and the latest blow in their late season spiral.

I think most of those tickets were sold at the start of the year because why not go to Florida in January? Then there's the Bills fans already living down south. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Dolphins usually wear the teal for night games.

But the final week of the season the times of games are TBD since league wants the top games in primetime. This game could have been a 1:00 game if it wasn't so important. Miami figured or guessed they would play during the day, and they usually wear white for day home games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Our dress blues, yes indeed, eball.

Let's go Gents and Gals!!

It's a home game after all.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Sunday night's dress code

2023_BUF_D.png2023_MIA_1TBA.png

Dolphins are pants-optional this week.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's a home game after all.

Sad to say this as an Isles fan but it reminds me of an Isles-Rangers game at Nassau Coliseum and now UBS where so many Rangers fans make up the crowd. Sometimes it feels like 50-50 or even a pro-Rangers crowd. 

Just now, Gregg said:

Sad to say this as an Isles fan but it reminds me of an Isles-Rangers game at Nassau Coliseum and now UBS where so many Rangers fans make up the crowd. Sometimes it feels like 50-50 or even a pro-Rangers crowd. 

Sabres - Maple Leafs games in Buffalo too.

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

Good lord.  The visiting team is fighting for their life and they draw the ref team with the most visiting flags……. 🤦🏻‍♂️ can’t make this stuff up.

7.19 flags per game on average!!  Wth

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 2

45 minutes ago, Simon said:

He is a great recruiter, not a great coach, imo. As long as his talent is superior to his opponent's (i.e. SF, UM) it typically overcomes the multiple mistakes he regularly makes. Additionally, he is much better off in college where players have less power and only have to put up with his idiocy and attitude for 2-3 years.

Every pro job he ever takes will likely blow up in his face within 3-4 years when adults and professionals are done with his stupidity and self-important ignorance.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think a lot of that is due to the bama OL and QB. Milroe can’t read and to save his life.  The bama OL was getting ran over all game.  

I agree- Harbaugh is a very good football coach.  I just don’t think he a good long term coach for an nfl team.  I do think he’s capable of winning a Super Bowl though 

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

But the final week of the season the times of games are TBD since league wants the top games in primetime. This game could have been a 1:00 game if it wasn't so important. Miami figured or guessed they would play during the day, and they usually wear white for day home games.

This

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Good lord.  The visiting team is fighting for their life and they draw the ref team with the most visiting flags……. 🤦🏻‍♂️ can’t make this stuff up.

We've lost our last two games with Kemp as the ref, against the Bengals this year and Dophins last year. Our last win with him was when played the Rams in Buffalo in the Gabe Davis drew a penalty game. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/KempAl0r.htm

• Thank you (+1) 1

Didn’t know where to put this-  but it’s something bills fans should want to know, kind of.

If the pats and commanders are tied:  we want the saints to beat the falcons- the #2 pick could come down to SOS.  The pats the advantage if the falcons beat saints

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We've lost our last two games with Kemp as the ref, against the Bengals this year and Dophins last year. Our last win with him was when played the Rams in Buffalo in the Gabe Davis drew a penalty game. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/KempAl0r.htm

Then we’re due for some help. I feel better about the refs after you pointing that out. That Davis call was huge. 

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

I think a lot of that is due to the bama OL and QB. Milroe can’t read and to save his life.  The bama OL was getting ran over all game.  

I agree- Harbaugh is a very good football coach.  I just don’t think he a good long term coach for an nfl team.  I do think he’s capable of winning a Super Bowl though 

This

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The refs threw 10 flags on the Bills in the Philly game in the first half alone (1 for Philly) to tip the balance. Absolute corruption combined (in other games) by incompetence. And the league does nothing about it, year after year. I can understand why they ignore the fans, since they keep buying the product. But why don't the owners speak up? Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, and other teams have all been screwed by biased, incompetent refs this year and, as far as we know, the owners haven't said a word to Goodell. Do the KC and Philly owners have that much sway?

Another mystery: Why doesn't some reporter ask the owners why they aren't objecting? All you read and see are half a dozen narratives, endlessly parroted, e.g, "Josh Allen is a turnover machine, but one thing is for certain: No one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs!" and "Baltimore is an absolute juggernaut." 

I'm in a sour mood. I'll feel better Sunday night. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, finn said:

It starts with that glorious catch he had for a touchdown, forgot which game, when Allen just rocketed it at him on a rope. Caught it effortlessly. If Sherfield did that, even once, he'd be carrying his weight. 

OK, so now that he actually didn't catch everything thrown at him, it comes down to Kumerow had a great reception for a TD (a pass ripped right into his breadbasket, but yes it was a good throw and catch) and Sherfield hasn't had a similar memorable catch? 

It's true he hasn't had a TD reception.  He had a couple of nice catches the last time we played Miami, one converted a 3D and one got us down to the Dolphins 11.  I wouldn't mind seeing a couple like that again. 

Like I said, what I don't know is how they compare in their primary ST roles.  I know ST has had a couple of big gaffes this season.  I don't know who was responsible.

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What is up with my Twitter feed? Nothing but s**tposting Dolphins fans! I don't even follow those people.

Promo, thank you.

WHAT THE HE** IS UP?!  Same exact thing on my end, too!

I don't mind reasonable takes from any fanbase, but this has been let's throw a bunch of garbage in a pot, cook II and throw it UP against the wall even though WE KNOW NOTHING IS GOING TO STICK.

One knuckle head is trying to say how scared the Bills should be given Miami's injuries (?) and having to go down and play in Miami (our home away from home, you mean?).

When our fans chirped back he responded with, "take a look at the last two years."

You mean since the start of the McDaniel era where we are 3-1 against them, including the playoffs?

I am not guaranteeing victory, at all, but know the current score, my dude...jeepers.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What is up with my Twitter feed? Nothing but s**tposting Dolphins fans! I don't even follow those people.

Same, and I've heard this sentiment echoed by many Twitter users, and applying to non-football topics, too.

Put simply, I think that the Twitter algorithm is now set up to promote argument and debate and inflammatory discussion. Ever since Elon bought it, I'm seeing less of the things I like and follow and subscribe to, and more of the things that are on the other end of the spectrum, so to speak.

For example: All of the accounts I follow and articles I Like or Re-Tweet clearly point to me being a Bills fan. And yet, my feed is absolutely full of Dolphins fans, or sometimes of the fans of the team the Bills will be facing that week. Or I follow, Like, and Re-Tweet left-leaning political articles and Tweets, only to see my feed absolutely inundated with right wing commentary.

Rather than showing me more of what my usage history on the website clearly indicates I actually enjoy or am interested in, Twitter now seems to go out of its way to show me the opposition viewpoint.

I suppose it could be viewed as a good thing by some. Not reinforcing the "echo chamber effect" quite so much. On the other hand, the tenor of Twitter these days is so much more argumentative, vitriolic, and inflammatory than I can ever remember it, and I think it's being intentionally cultivated by the fella that runs that site these days.

My best suggestion is to always view the "following" tab rather than the "suggested for you" tab, because the website is now apparently intentionally "suggesting" things it knows you will not enjoy or agree with.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Are you talking about Pegula? Josh Allen? Beane?

Does one of them recognize what a moronic tool that Jim Harbaugh is?

Moronic tool or not he has taken a NFL team to the SB and is now in the college championship.  I can careless about the coach's personality if they are good at what they do. Belichek has one of the worst coaching personality of all times, but not a single one of us would of not wanted him with all his success.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Same, and I've heard this sentiment echoed by many Twitter users, and applying to non-football topics, too.

Put simply, I think that the Twitter algorithm is now set up to promote argument and debate and inflammatory discussion. Ever since Elon bought it, I'm seeing less of the things I like and follow and subscribe to, and more of the things that are on the other end of the spectrum, so to speak.

For example: All of the accounts I follow and articles I Like or Re-Tweet clearly point to me being a Bills fan. And yet, my feed is absolutely full of Dolphins fans, or sometimes of the fans of the team the Bills will be facing that week. Or I follow, Like, and Re-Tweet left-leaning political articles and Tweets, only to see my feed absolutely inundated with right wing commentary.

Rather than showing me more of what my usage history on the website clearly indicates I actually enjoy or am interested in, Twitter now seems to go out of its way to show me the opposition viewpoint.

I suppose it could be viewed as a good thing by some. Not reinforcing the "echo chamber effect" quite so much. On the other hand, the tenor of Twitter these days is so much more argumentative, vitriolic, and inflammatory than I can ever remember it, and I think it's being intentionally cultivated by the fella that runs that site these days.

My best suggestion is to always view the "following" tab rather than the "suggested for you" tab, because the website is now apparently intentionally "suggesting" things it knows you will not enjoy or agree with.

That was my suspicion as well. 

16 minutes ago, finn said:

The refs threw 10 flags on the Bills in the Philly game in the first half alone (1 for Philly) to tip the balance. Absolute corruption combined (in other games) by incompetence. And the league does nothing about it, year after year. I can understand why they ignore the fans, since they keep buying the product. But why don't the owners speak up? Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, and other teams have all been screwed by biased, incompetent refs this year and, as far as we know, the owners haven't said a word to Goodell. Do the KC and Philly owners have that much sway?

Another mystery: Why doesn't some reporter ask the owners why they aren't objecting? All you read and see are half a dozen narratives, endlessly parroted, e.g, "Josh Allen is a turnover machine, but one thing is for certain: No one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs!" and "Baltimore is an absolute juggernaut." 

I'm in a sour mood. I'll feel better Sunday night. 

🤣 We all will Finn! We all will!  🙏🏻 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Moronic tool or not he has taken a NFL team to the SB and is now in the college championship.  I can careless about the coach's personality if they are good at what they do. Belichek has one of the worst coaching personality of all times, but not a single one of us would of not wanted him with all his success.

I should have left the commentary out.

I was just trying to learn more about the implication that somebody currently in the Bills organization has some sort of beef with Harbaugh.

If it was in reference to Jim Kelly, then it's sort of moot as I don't think he has any influence in hiring decisions.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I should have left the commentary out.

I was just trying to learn more about the implication that somebody currently in the Bills organization has some sort of beef with Harbaugh.

If it was in reference to Jim Kelly, then it's sort of moot as I don't think he has any influence in hiring decisions.

Ya, it was in ref to Kelly. I know he doesn't have anything to do with hiring, but we all know Kelly is very close with the team and is always around. If they never got over their problems then I have no doubt Harbaugh wouldnt consider Buffalo.

Just now, Herc11 said:

Ya, it was in ref to Kelly. I know he doesn't have anything to do with hiring, but we all know Kelly is very close with the team and is always around. If they never got over their problems then I have no doubt Harbaugh wouldnt consider Buffalo.

Well then, from my perspective, I'd see that as Jim making one more great play for the Bills. :D

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On a side note, did anyone see the on field interview with the Jim Harbaugh's parents after the game?  I thought they are pretty whacky in a funny way.  I can see why Jim is quirky dude and always seems that way to me in TV interviews. 

1 hour ago, jletha said:

You should go back and look at how those 2021 Bills finished the season.

I know but it just feels different somehow.  I am way less confident in this team for some reason.  Can't put my finger on it.

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

yeah, that's what I was going to say.

I've never been a Twitter addict, but it's massive for sports updates. Ever since Musk bought the platform I've been banned with no explanation and no reply to my questions meaning I can't post or comment (while they have no problem with literal Nazis and Alex Jones). And then the algorithm has just been abysmal.

It's become the place where the worst people in the world get the loudest voices, the aforementioned scumbags and Dolphins fans. (There might be soooome false equivalence there  :P)

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, KCNC said:

I know but it just feels different somehow.  I am way less confident in this team for some reason.  Can't put my finger on it.

The offense isn’t as good. 

But the defense is much better.

I think this is the best roster we’ve had.   We just need the OC to harness its potential unleash it come Sunday through February. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Promo, thank you.

WHAT THE HE** IS UP?!  Same exact thing on my end, too!

I don't mind reasonable takes from any fanbase, but this has been let's throw a bunch of garbage in a pot, cook II and throw it UP against the wall even though WE KNOW NOTHING IS GOING TO STICK.

One knuckle head is trying to say how scared the Bills should be given Miami's injuries (?) and having to go down and play in Miami (our home away from home, you mean?).

When our fans chirped back he responded with, "take a look at the last two years."

You mean since the start of the McDaniel era where we are 3-1 against them, including the playoffs?

I am not guaranteeing victory, at all, but know the current score, my dude...jeepers.

Mannnnn, same!... i only lurk on that app for content and entertainment. My feed is FLOODED with fins fans saying the most absurd crap. The one that gets me is the fact they still use the pic of josh leaning on tua's shoulder from last seasons week 3 contest as if it still means anything. like.... Let that dude win more than one game in 4 years against the bills before you flex in any manner whatsoever. Its all really weird energy, man.

Going on there is like going back in time and listening to my boy and his friends try and argue football at the lunchroom table in middle school.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Logic said:

My Twitter strategy FWIW. 

I do not have the app or an account per se.  I do use a google account to sign in.  I have a list of about 15 Bills media members and content creators I like to view.  I do follow them, but for some reason that doesn't seem to do me any good (maybe the app would be better). 

I search for them, view their stuff, sometimes click on it so I can copy the actual link to that post and get it to embedd properly when I share it here, and leave.

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Mannnnn, same!... i only lurk on that app for content and entertainment. My feed is FLOODED with fins fans saying the most absurd crap. The one that gets me is the fact they still use the pic of josh leaning on tua's shoulder from last seasons week 3 contest as if it still means anything. like.... Let that dude win more than one game in 4 years against the bills before you flex in any manner whatsoever. Its all really weird energy, man.

Going on there is like going back in time and listening to my boy and his friends try and argue football at the lunchroom table in middle school.

Right?

Fins fans we aren't guarantying anything, but hol-y, Allen is 3-2 in your barn, 3 out of the last 4 down there, and he is 10-2 against you overall in his career.  Go for soda, for crying out loud, and give it a rest.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Fangio says his CBs sunday will be Ramsey, Apple and Couhu (sp?). And says Ramsey begs him to let him shadow opp's best WR. 

Says replacing Chubb on Sunday will be by committee. 

Says James Cook is buffalos best RB since Thurman thomas (woah there guy).

Says Josh Allen is a beast and he is the new John Elway but on steroids, and adds that he is not accusing Josh of taking steroids. 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Fangio says his CBs sunday will be Ramsey, Apple and Couhu (sp?). And says Ramsey begs him to let him shadow opp's best WR. 

Says Josh Allen is a beast and he is the new John Elway but on steroids, and adds that he is not accusing Josh of taking steroids. 

That's pretty funny.  You never know these days how folks will run with a quote and start a rumor so I guess he had to clarify lol.

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Put Diggs in motion 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

On a side note, did anyone see the on field interview with the Jim Harbaugh's parents after the game?  I thought they are pretty whacky in a funny way.  I can see why Jim is quirky dude and always seems that way to me in TV interviews. 

Then explain why John Harbaugh is always serious 😛

34 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Ramsey hasn’t been 100% I kind of hope they try that honestly 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.