Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, there's nothing like giving an unproven late round rookie who has been hurt all season his first meaningful reps in a playoff game!

We’ll always have Duke Williams!

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, sullim4 said:

If we had only lost that Giants game, we'd be in much better position to be winning tiebreakers.  4-1 against the NFC is killing us.

Go to the end, it aged really well. It just got better with time. One of the all-time TBD threads. 

Any other nominees for the top? 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeah, there's nothing like giving an unproven late round rookie who has been hurt all season his first meaningful reps in a playoff game!

A guy can dream, can't he?🥺

39 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Go to the end, it aged really well. It just got better with time. One of the all-time TBD threads. 

Any other nominees for the top? 

Trading Mario for Skelton, was that mentioned?

• Agree 1

"The Buffalo Bills are one of the hottest teams in the league as of late, and are looking to win the AFC East with a win over the Miami Dolphins this Sunday, but wide receiver Stefon Diggs has seen his playing time dwindle, also recording four games of fewer than 40 yards in a row. Bills head coach Sean McDermott spoke on Stefon Diggs’ status, confirming that he is healthy and saying that he wants him to be more involved.

“Medically, there’s nothing big that’s been, to my knowledge, ailing him and the communication I’m getting from Nate (Breske), our trainer on that,” Sean McDermott said, according to Kevin Patra of NFL.com. “And it’s just Josh going through his reads and going through his progressions and making sure that we’re making sure we’re going through the progressions properly.”

At times in the past, Josh Allen has received criticism for locking in on Diggs, so it is interesting to hear the comments that he is going through his reads and progressions properly. Regardless, offensive coordinator Joe Brady acknowledged that the Bills are better with Diggs involved and catching more passes from Josh Allen."

“Look, I think there’s times where we definitely tag him out of plays,” Joe Brady said, according to Patra. “I think it was something earlier in the season we talked about to get to where we want to get — to just not playing (that many snaps).”

Nothing in that explains his extremely diminished snap counts.  Last 3 weeks he has been between 50-65%.  A #1 receiver should never see snap counts this low.

Edited by Scott7975

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Nothing in that explains his extremely diminished snap counts.  Last 3 weeks he has been between 50-65%.  A #1 receiver should never see snap counts this low.

We don't know what we don't know. That's my take on Diggs

2 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Do we know whos injured on the Dolphins?

Xavien Howard Jaelan Phillips Bradley Chubb Connor Williams definitely not playing

Hunt,Mostert,Waddle, Baker could go either way 

Ramsey will play but he looks injured

tua got banged up but I’m assuming he’s fine 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't know about McDaniel 's style. Seems novel at times, but maybe not the best in crunch time. I don't know if that's the guy I'd want leading me through the desert. 

agree, he's more of the guy to lead you through the dessert type.

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Xavien Howard Jaelan Phillips Bradley Chubb Connor Williams definitely not playing

Hunt,Mostert,Waddle, Baker could go either way 

Ramsey will play but he looks injured

tua got banged up but I’m assuming he’s fine 

If they have no Mostert or Waddle we are in good shape. Is Hill back??

If you are The Baltimore Ravens, how are you approaching this game against The Steelers? I am asking because I am seeing people say they would be foolish to "let The Bills in" and that they should tank, in hopes of Buffalo being eliminated. I personally think that could backfire because division games are always tough and you never know, especially if The Steelers get in. Do you think The Ravens care about The Bills being a potential threat or would they be more concerned about a pesky divisional rival, or do they just not care at all?

Sorry for bringing this in this thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. I personally would feel a lot better going into this game Sunday night being in the playoffs already, especially if Josh is dinged up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

If you are The Baltimore Ravens, how are you approaching this game against The Steelers? I am asking because I am seeing people say they would be foolish to "let The Bills in" and that they should tank, in hopes of Buffalo being eliminated. I personally think that could backfire because division games are always tough and you never know, especially if The Steelers get in. Do you think The Ravens care about The Bills being a potential threat or would they be more concerned about a pesky divisional rival, or do they just not care at all?

Sorry for bringing this in this thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. I personally would feel a lot better going into this game Sunday night being in the playoffs already, especially if Josh is dinged up.

Correct me if Im wrong, but someone told me the Ravens rested some guys either last year or the year before and in that short time became rusty. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I've read that both Lamar and Harbaugh at least partially blame too much rust back in 2019 for their team coming into the playoffs flat and ultimately getting bounced prematurely. I expect starters to play at least some of the game.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, boyst said:

don't know where else to put it but the AFC-NFC record this season is 146-146 - a perfect 50% out of 292 games.

Im not sure what this post is saying.  There havent been 292 games this season as there are only 272 in the regular season that we are not done with.  Are you saying the AFC versus NFC record is split?  thats not correct as AFC is +12 by my count.  So confused what you are trying to say wit these numbers.

3 minutes ago, theAteam said:

I've read that both Lamar and Harbaugh at least partially blame too much rust back in 2019 for their team coming into the playoffs flat and ultimately getting bounced prematurely. I expect starters to play at least some of the game.

I really hope so. Play, build up a nice lead on The Steelers and then let the backups do the work!! 

5 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Harbaugh is going to do what he thinks is best for his team. I doubt he is giving the Bills a second's thought. They probably will rest many starters, but they will play hard and try to win the game. Don't forget they hate the Steelers with a passion. So, I am sure they would love to ruin the Steelers season but not at the expense of hurting their team as they get ready for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I bet the ravens have not even thought about the bills.  Not once.

The ravens can go all out and play everyone even the injured guys and beat pittsburgh and then Buffalo can beat Miami sunday night and Buffalo is still in.

the flip side of that is the steelers are always pretty damn good against Baltimore.  Pittsburgh already beat Baltimore once this year and they had a real problem covering pickens.  So if you have Pittsburgh in your building, your arch rival and you can eliminate them....I imagine they want to do that.  Especially since if Pittsburgh gets in as the 6 or 7 seed and they win in the wild card round which they can surely do....they would more than likely be heading back to baltimore, a familiar comfortable place for Pittsburugh.

If I were a ravens fan knowing jackson's playoff history I would not want the 6 or 7 seed Steelers coming into my building in the division round.  That seems like a recipe for a disaster for Baltimore.

I have to go with my gut on this and think they are playing to win but they will do it in a smart fashion.  Guys like kyle hamilton who are banged up will not play but I bet their offensive line and jackson will for at least a half and maybe 3 quarters.  

in a nutshell, if you can eliminate your arch rivals who already beat you once this year and get rid of the potential rematch in the division round I have to think they are trying to win this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Ok guys, I know the Miami Buffalo rivalry is back to the way it was in the old days but the pranks need to be taken down a notch.

Damn.  That sucks.  How can you possible prepare for a game when the beds are burning..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

It's a reasonable question, but I don't think the Ravens will take essentially three weeks off before playing another meaningful game.  The risk of losing your edge is too great.  Besides, if you're Baltimore and you see what you just did to Miami do you really think Buffalo will lose to them anyway?

It's a dangerous thing to screw around with your team in an effort to try and game the system.  Sure, the rest of the AFC would prefer not to see the Bills but I don't think any coaches are making decisions on that basis.

I'd bet if you ask coaches, most would prefer not to have a bye at all unless there are key players they are trying to get healthy.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Harbaugh is going to do what he thinks is best for his team. I doubt he is giving the Bills a second's thought. They probably will rest many starters, but they will play hard and try to win the game. Don't forget they hate the Steelers with a passion. So, I am sure they would love to ruin the Steelers season but not at the expense of hurting their team as they get ready for the playoffs.

I think the biggest factor is: do they want to rest starters for 2 weeks? Aside from an injury, I dont think you want Lamar and the offense resting for that long. The last two games have been incredible for Lamar and the team. I think the starters play for a half at least.

This same exact situation happened in 2019 and the players have talked about the fact that the rest screwed them up a bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, jletha said:

I think the biggest factor is: do they want to rest starters for 2 weeks? Aside from an injury, I dont think you want Lamar and the offense resting for that long. The last two games have been incredible for Lamar and the team. I think the starters play for a half at least.

This same exact situation happened in 2019 and the players have talked about the fact that the rest screwed them up a bit.

You may be right. I don't know about a half, but I could see them treating it like a preseason game where the starters get a couple of series. Depends on what Harbaugh wants to do.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

As far as I'm concerned, this game is where McDermott loses me or not!! His coaching performances had me on the fence, but if these guys are not ready to play this week then I'm done!! This team NEEDS to play MISTAKE FREE football Sunday night 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Correct me if Im wrong, but someone told me the Ravens rested some guys either last year or the year before and in that short time became rusty. 

I have a buddy who is a Ravens fan. Even in the blowout vs Miami they were down their top 4 CBs for a stretch. They will most certainly be resting players to some extent.

The real question is how much.

• Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ravens backups can still beat Pittsburgh. Sooner or later Mason Rudolph is going to play like Masin Rudolph. Christmas is over, time for Rudy to head back to the barn.

No they absolutely won’t beat Pittsburgh with their reserves.  Bills need to win

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Im not sure what this post is saying.  There havent been 292 games this season as there are only 272 in the regular season that we are not done with.  Are you saying the AFC versus NFC record is split?  thats not correct as AFC is +12 by my count.  So confused what you are trying to say wit these numbers.

i used AI to tell me this

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.