Patriots at Bills postgame thread

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Shakir was wide open for what would have been two TDs. Josh never looked at him. Josh is a mess right now. Once again he lost track of the deep safety on that bad pick. That said, his running saved the game. 

The pick play with Davis, Allen started his progression to the left for whatever reason. No way he would have had time to go all the way over to Shakir in his progression in time.

Now, maybe he should have been going right to left, idk.

24 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

as it stands today the bills are lacking in players under contract on the defensive line and are stuck with a sunk cost in Miller.

they have to rebuild the entire unit it feels like.  Then they have an issue at safety.  

this is the wrong offseason to be wasting draft picks.  

Next season will likely be a mini-rebuild. I’m not sure fans realize that yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I have no faith this team can go to Miami and win next week.  Offense is downright pathetic 

the Bills tend to move the ball well in South Florida. and with Allen you never know and the D can be opportunistic.  I think the Bills have a better shot than i probably think as of tonight, and i also think the Ravens, even without extreme motivation will beat Pittsburgh. They don’t want to lose at home to anyone especially the Steelers.

• Agree 1

The OLINE struggled all game today.  Run blocking, pass blocking, didn't matter.  If there are any reporters on here, how about asking the Bills why they continued to run in the middle of the line.  It wasn't there all game.  But time after time, it was tried.  

Credit goes to the Patriots.  They know how to defend Josh and the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Success said:

I said I liked our odds, and think we're the better team.  Do you not like our odds - and do you think Miami is the better team?

I get that I veer positive, but it didn't seem like something anyone should have much of an issue with.

I can see where people may feel that Miami is the better team.  They have more skill player talent I feel - two very talented fast WR in Hill and Waddle, a lightening bug at RB in Achane.  They have significantly fewer offensive turnovers. They had the #2 scoring offense in the league going into this week.

The Bills were #5 on offense going into the week and again (going into the week) had the edge on defense, #4 to Miami #12.

What that means IMO is that they are both good teams who know how to win, and it’s going to come down to preparedness (including coaching) and “want to” - who wants it more? - on the day.

That said, what kind of fan doesn’t fancy their own team as the better one?  I certainly can’t call you too much for that.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

the Bills tend to move the ball well in South Florida. and with Allen you never know and the D can be opportunistic.  I think the Bills have a better shot than i probably think as of tonight, and i also think the Ravens, even without extreme motivation will beat Pittsburgh. They don’t want to lose at home to anyone especially the Steelers.

Hope you’re right but there’s a big issue with our offense 

27 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I have no faith this team can go to Miami and win next week.  Offense is downright pathetic 

It kills me to say this but I agree. This musical chairs OC situation has just not quite worked.  Josh doesn't look comfortable.  WR's can't get open.  Our so called #4 OL today played like #24.  The Brady uptick honeymoon might be over?

38 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

You should try it…might look good on you? 🤷‍♂️ 

How can I put this nicely?

You claim to be a Bills fan.  OUR TEAM WON TODAY!  It’s well known that the NFL is a “parity” league, and on any given Sunday, any team can lose…we lost to the Pats earlier this season.  In addition, this was a Division game against one of the greatest coaches in the game, bar none.

And yet your reaction to our win is:

”The Bills, at home, played an awful NFL team who started their 3rd string QB, was missing their #1 RB, #1 WR, #2 WR, missed 2 FGs and had a -3 turnover margin. The Bills won by 6…SIX points! 🤮

That’s right, a Vomit emoji.

Let’s just say I’m not interested in the opinion of “what looks good on me” from a so-called Bills fan whose reaction to a critical team win is a Vomit emoji, and leave it at that.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Have the Bills been blown out this season?

Miami has, a few times. Including against us.

I respect the Phins, but they're hurting right now. They just got embarrassed, lost their best LB (which I hate, btw), and likely won't have Waddle next week also.

I don't know. I feel like we lose perspective sometimes. Not that next week is guaranteed or even close to it, but we're so focused on our own struggles that we don't really see how common they are amongst our competitors.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, wjag said:

The OLINE struggled all game today.  Run blocking, pass blocking, didn't matter.  If there are any reporters on here, how about asking the Bills why they continued to run in the middle of the line.  It wasn't there all game.  But time after time, it was tried.  

Credit goes to the Patriots.  They know how to defend Josh and the Bills.

other guys get paid too 

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Why do I feel worse than I thought I would after the two biggest games went our way? 

because we struggle in the most important area of current football and it used to make us feel so good.  Like no matter who we played we could beat anybody. 

because we are not the shinny new thing around that everyone is fired up about.  

because we win…but we don’t convince.

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Why do I feel worse than I thought I would after the two biggest games went our way? 

Because you have to wait til next week to find out how it all turns out.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You claim to be a Bills fan.  OUR TEAM WON TODAY!  It’s well known that the NFL is a “parity” league, and on any given Sunday, any team can lose…we lost to the Pats earlier this season.

”The Bills, at home, played an awful NFL team who started their 3rd string QB, was missing their #1 RB, #1 WR, #2 WR, missed 2 FGs and had a -3 turnover margin. The Bills won by 6…SIX points! 🤮

Let’s just say I’m not interested in the opinion of what looks good on me from a so-called Bills fan whose reaction to a critical team win is a Vomit emoji.

I second all of this!

The fans around here have turned into self entitled blow hards. Everyone demands perfection or the world is falling. For the last two weeks it’s been doom and gloom, the Bills will lose to a hockey stick, the Bills will lose to Bill Belichick and his four win team, down the line.

They can say what they want, this team shows up 110% in the big games against the “studs” of the NFL. After the Eagles game, the same folks would’ve killed for this situation and a shot at the division/2 seed. 

Here we are, 4 game win streak, 10-6…..Winner takes the AFC East. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Then why watch?

the fact they’re in position to get the 2nd season is a miracle

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

What about my post was too much?

I said I liked our odds, and think we're the better team.  Do you not like our odds - and do you think Miami is the better team?

I get that I veer positive, but it didn't seem like something anyone should have much of an issue with.

That's fair. To be honest, I think we have the slightly better team due to the QB situation. I don't think there is much separation between the two teams. 

I think this game can truly go either way. There are things I like about the game and things I don't. I'll elaborate at another time. 

If I were giving odds I'd probably say 55% chance of Bills winning. That's not great odds but still slightly favorable. What odds do you think? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Then why watch?

the fact they’re in position to get the 2nd season is a miracle

We have had two rough games on O but in last six weeks we have also seen the Eagles and Cowboys game that does show we can excel as passing and running games. We are also relatively healthy. Obviously if O that has played last couple weeks show up, we are done but we can beat the stinky fish. Let’s go Buffalo. 

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I second all of this!

The fans around here have turned into self entitled blow hards. Everyone demands perfection or the world is falling. For the last two weeks it’s been doom and gloom, the Bills will lose to a hockey stick, the Bills will lose to Bill Belichick and his four win team, down the line.

They can say what they want, this team shows up 110% in the big games against the “studs” of the NFL. After the Eagles game, the same folks would’ve killed for this situation and a shot at the division/2 seed. 

Go Bills!

Right.  That “awful Pats team” has had I think 3 or 4 losses by more than 1 score….so of their 12 losses, 8 were by 7 points or less, and given a missed penalty or a bad bounce could easily have gone another way.  That includes one of the two times they played the vaunted Dolphins, who won by…..7 points.

Is our offense looking like a juggernaut right now?  Hell to the Noes.  I share the concerns several have expressed about Josh and Diggs.   But people were “sticking a fork” in the Bills back in mid-Nov when we fell to 5-5 with a loss to Denver.  So I’m personally just going to enjoy the ride that’s put us in position to play for the Division title next week.

Win or Go Home, Boys - it’s Playoffs!

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's fair. To be honest, I think we have the slightly better team due to the QB situation. I don't think there is much separation between the two teams. 

I think this game can truly go either way. There are things I like about the game and things I don't. I'll elaborate at another time. 

If I were giving odds I'd probably say 55% chance of Bills winning. That's not great odds but still slightly favorable. What odds do you think? 

I think that’s fair, actually.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, hell, why should the team bother when their QB was poor, the WR can’t separate, the OC sucks, you’re surprised they can run (after the Cowboys game?) and they just don’t have the makeup or talent to make a deep playoff run?

According to you, that is.  ⛈️

Let's dig deeper into what I said and your response. Your sarcasm is screaming out the page. 

How do you think Allen played? 

Did you see consistent WR separation? Has it been an issue this season? Even Diggs is on the discussion now. That's pretty concerning. Agree? 

OC sucks? I didn't imply that. Is it daur to say that there's more tape on his style and play calling. Maybe teams are looking at his tendencies and making adjustments. The offensive pass game certainly isn't clicking like it can. You can elaborate on why or why not. I'm just pointing out a valid concern here. Obviously, you don't want to discuss it. Joe Marino has been discussing it for weeks now. So take his word not mine. 

The Pats have one of the best run defenses in the league. As a result, I didn't think the Bills would be as successful running the ball. Not sure how that is a crazy thought. The Cowboy game really doesn't equate to success vs NE. 

Lastly, this Bills team just seems a little off this year. Inconsistent from game to game quarter to quarter. I think that's a fair statement. That inconsistency can lead to a wide range of results. My eyes just don't see a SB team here. Of course, you disagree and I respect that. My opinion isn't fact nor do I portray it as fact. 

Nevertheless, I will be pumped watching the Bills next week. Huge game!!!

• Like (+1) 1

So not only does Colinsworth talk-laugh on TV, but he sits at home and giggles watching Nathaniel Mullins. This guy has literally nothing left to say on TV.

It was a nice run CC80(?), but 40 years of commentary has earned you your at home giggling chair and no longer a headset in a booth. 

22 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I second all of this!

Go Bills!

Yeah, it’s bizarre. Hard to believe it’s the same fanbase that suffered thru: 2000-2016 and Dick “it’s hard to win in the NFL” Jauron. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Right.  That “awful Pats team” has had I think 3 or 4 losses by more than 1 score….so of their 12 losses, 8 were by 7 points or less, and given a missed penalty or a bad bounce could easily have gone another way.  That includes one of the two times they played the vaunted Dolphins, who won by…..7 points.

Is our offense looking like a juggernaut right now?  Hell to the Noes.  I share the concerns several have expressed about Josh and Diggs.   But people were “sticking a fork” in the Bills back in mid-Nov when we fell to 5-5 with a loss to Denver.  So I’m personally just going to enjoy the ride that’s put us in position to play for the Division title next week.

Win or Go Home, Boys - it’s Playoffs!

I think that’s fair, actually.

Win or go home makes me nervous. 

Bills won and Fish lost.  The two most important things today.  Yeah the Bills did not look good on offense today but they made enough plays and won.  The Patriots are actually pretty good on defense and division games are usually pretty tough.  So I'll take the win and hope Allen plays better against the Fish.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, juno999 said:

Bills won and Fish lost.  The two most important things today.  Yeah the Bills did not look good on offense today but they made enough plays and won.  The Patriots are actually pretty good on defense and division games are usually pretty tough.  So I'll take the win and hope Allen plays better against the Fish.

Your right. At this point nothing else matters but next week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, juno999 said:

Find A Way, Baby!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’d just like to point out the 5-6 people who downvoted me in the pregame thread for predicting a special teams blunder: 

kick rocks. 

Wasn't me!! I wholeheartedly agreed to your statement and still think it's gonna squander their playoff run. Special teams and the STUPID PENALTIES like the one Poyer committed

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Wrong thread but yeah he said it lol

I know he’s knowledgeable and researches the teams he covers, but he’s going nuttier and nuttier

On that off-topic does it chap anyone else’s grits that SNF is two 7-8 teams who now ‘control their own destiny’ thanks to Pitts beating Seattle (a 9-7 team)?  And that another 9-7 team, the Rams, are firmly in the playoff mix while the Bills at 10-6 may not make it?

I mean, we have no one to blame but ourselves, but

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, juno999 said:

That's it in a nutshell. 👍

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

You claim to be a Bills fan.  OUR TEAM WON TODAY!  It’s well known that the NFL is a “parity” league, and on any given Sunday, any team can lose…we lost to the Pats earlier this season.  In addition, this was a Division game against one of the greatest coaches in the game, bar none.

Let’s just say I’m not interested in the opinion of “what looks good on me” from a so-called Bills fan whose reaction to a critical team win is a Vomit emoji, and leave it at that.

If you lose the vomit emoji, he's gotta valid point.

18 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Collingsworth just said Jordan Love is a better deep passer than Aaron Rodgers......

Consider the source...

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'd probably give 70%.  They're more banged up than we are right now - if Waddle tries to come back next week, he won't be as effective (imo). A high ankle sprain is at least a few weeks for a WR. Losing Chubb really hurts them against our run.

I generally give Allen a big edge over Tua - but JA does seem off. Not sure if it's the shoulder.

The Bills fought hard to get this opportunity, and eeked out a few nailbiters.  Even I thought that things looked very bleak after the Philly loss.  Miami hasn't really had that kind of journey to get here.  I see a little psychological edge there.

But it's a division game, and it's away.  It certainly won't shock me if we lose.  Miami's a good team.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Success said:

I'd probably give 70%.  They're more banged up than we are right now - if Waddle tries to come back next week, he won't be as effective (imo). A high ankle sprain is at least a few weeks for a WR. Losing Chubb really hurts them against our run.

I generally give Allen a big edge over Tua - but JA does seem off. Not sure if it's the shoulder.

The Bills fought hard to get this opportunity, and eeked out a few nailbiters.  Even I thought that things looked very bleak after the Philly loss.  Miami hasn't really had that kind of journey to get here.  I see a little psychological edge there.

But it's a division game, and it's away.  It certainly won't shock me if we lose.  Miami's a good team.

Very fair thoughts. 70% seems awful generous to me. 

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Anyone get a sense as to how DaQuon played?

I'm bumping your question because I want to read folks opinions on this. I didn't hear his name during the broadcast  *shrugs*

5 hours ago, Luka said:

5 drops and 3 big misses on deep passes... I honestly didn't see an issue with the play calling for the most part. I think most level headed people can admit Josh and his receivers played poorly today.

the 91 yard Bomb was Just a tad long ACKKK that would have been so sweet

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My thoughts (worth what you pay for them)

1.  An ugly win is better than an ugly loss

2.  Josh always rises to the occasion vs the Phins, might be a good launch game into the playoffs

3.  If the Bills run anything other than the tush-push on 3rd and 1, they should beat Joe Brady with a stick

4.  Von sitting today in favor of Epenesa was the right call.  He needs to sit next week too.

5.  Douglas is going to get a fat contract in the off season

6.  It's crazy the Bills are looking at clinching the #2 seed after where they were after the Broncos fiasco

7.  Will this season end up being the most unlikely of Bills' Super Bowls?

as will Leonard Floyd. 2 Great FA signings this year. I wish they were locked up for longer here in WNY

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’d just like to point out the 5-6 people who downvoted me in the pregame thread for predicting a special teams blunder: 

kick rocks. 

special teams have not been very special this season. The kicking game and coverages inconsistent. No TD's. I want more from that unit. 

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

because you want the Championship so badly that any cracks in the Bills armor sting. How'd I do?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.