Trevor Lawerence Ruled OUT vs Panthers

stevestojan

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Back in my day, we didn't have so many dang teams named after cats.

Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers, Lions...

Four is too many. The NFL has become a crazy cat lady.

U5Sa5Q.gif

They just need to expand and have Leopards and Cheetahs.....The Dolphins could possibly rename them as the Cheetahs!

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

They just need to expand and have Leopards and Cheetahs.....The Dolphins could possibly rename them as the Cheetahs!

No, Cheetahs should be reserved for New England.

EDIT: Almost sounds like a New England accent.  Chow-DAH.  Chee-TAH. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Mind you, they are playing the Panthers. The Panthers smell. But this makes the Jags much more beatable. 

They beat the Falcons 2 weeks ago and gave GB a run for their money last week.

Bryce Young threw for 312 yards with 2 TDs.  Crazier things have happened this year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Two scenarios that get the bills in THIS week include Jax losing. 

1) Bills win + PITT LOSS + JAX LOSS

2) Bills win + CINCI LOSS + JAX LOSS. 

Mind you, they are playing the Panthers. The Panthers smell. But this makes the Jags much more beatable. 

Panthers nearly beat the Packers who have been playing much better football than the Jaguars as of late.

Definitely could see the Jaguars free fall continue hear and it almost feels like the AFC South is there for the Texans if Stroud comes back healthy and plays the rest of the way.

30 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Panthers nearly beat the Packers who have been playing much better football than the Jaguars as of late.

Definitely could see the Jaguars free fall continue hear and it almost feels like the AFC South is there for the Texans if Stroud comes back healthy and plays the rest of the way.

More likely for Indy to win as both their games are at Home (LV, HOU)

3 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Chase for Cinci out also and Waddle for Miami 🙃

16 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Bills ...

64490e866eef28.28103265.thumb.webp.6468b200e8bd43f56d878162102f31e2.webp

They named the team after the cat, right? 😉

No, I believe our team was named after a fictional serial killer. Did you know: the original helmet logo was that of a transvestite in a standing mirror, with his private parts tucked between his legs??

Later, the franchise opted for a more "action-based" logo that better represented the skills of its newly acquired marquee player, OJ Simpson. This subsequent logo took on the form of that same transvestite, but this time chasing a great big fat person while dressed in royal blue garb befitting a queen. A red streak was used to conceal the swinging private parts.

The NFL a.k.a. "No Fun League," however, deemed this particular logo a bit too risque...so they just went with the lame charging bison that we know and tolerate today.

18 hours ago, Logic said:

Back in my day, we didn't have so many dang teams named after cats.

Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers, Lions...

Four is too many. The NFL has become a crazy cat lady.

U5Sa5Q.gif

Alright here is the challenge to everyone. Across all leagues name the animals that are the mascot of as many as possible.

I will do this is a subsequent post later as not to give any hints or cheats.

39 minutes ago, mrags said:

Huh? I’ve never heard this one. Do tell. 

It’s more of a running joke than an actual conspiracy theory, but basically some time ago the government exterminated all birds and replaced them with drone spying devices. They stand on the power lines to recharge. JFK was also assassinated because he refused to go along with the plan.

58 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

It’s more of a running joke than an actual conspiracy theory, but basically some time ago the government exterminated all birds and replaced them with drone spying devices. They stand on the power lines to recharge. JFK was also assassinated because he refused to go along with the plan.

Why do you see birds on power lines? They’re charging up of course 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

Ooooooo. That’s a good one and I may believe it. Those hummingbirds hanging around my front windows are making me suspicious 

21 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I believe (Texans + Colts loss) combined with either a bengals or steelers loss would clinch for the bills as well.

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

I hesitate to ask where you heard this

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Why do you see birds on power lines? They’re charging up of course 

It does not shock me to hear you say this

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I hesitate to ask where you heard this

It’s been around for a few years, a lot of people know the joke. I think from the wild absurdity of it most people know it as a joke and not an actual conspiracy theory but I’m sure there are some people out there that actually get behind it.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Which would not make it a theory

In order for it to be a theory, somebody has to believe it

Wrong. The guy who started it has been interviewed at length. He started it to openly mock the nutcase conspiracy theorists and would show up at whatever tinfoil hat wearing protests were going on with his signage claiming birds are all government drones. He has an amazing website that never lets in on the joke, including an FAQ with answers to questions like “What about birds that people hunt and/or roadkill? How do you explain bird guts?” 

The guy is a hoot. 

25 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Wrong. The guy who started it has been interviewed at length. He started it to openly mock the nutcase conspiracy theorists and would show up at whatever tinfoil hat wearing protests were going on with his signage claiming birds are all government drones. He has an amazing website that never lets in on the joke, including an FAQ with answers to questions like “What about birds that people hunt and/or roadkill? How do you explain bird guts?” 

The guy is a hoot. 

Just remember if it’s flying, it’s spying…

On 12/29/2023 at 5:14 PM, stevestojan said:

You have proved that Rapoport can spell better than you (not true for all talking heads).

The twitter post even includes correct spelling of name.

If you are going to misspell a name have a reason like Lemur Jackson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.