It's been quite a month for the Bills

Dan Darragh

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Month? It is has been quite a season. In fact since the middle of last year and the loss at the Jets in which Von went down and Josh first dinged his shoulder almost nothing has been normal or straightforward about the Bills. 

We are definitely due a bounce or two going our way.

Just a correction, he went down during the Thanksgiving game against the Lions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This season has been an absolute Rollercoaster!  I dont remember one ever like this with so many Up's and Down's 

I'm an optimistic fan - but I have to admit that for the past month or so I feel like I have to brace myself at kickoff for whatever will happen in the ensuing 3-4 hours.  The Cowboys game almost felt like cheating, lol

• Agree 5

I love landscape pictures. Very mountain-esque. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Month? It is has been quite a season. In fact since the middle of last year and the loss at the Jets in which Von went down and Josh first dinged his shoulder almost nothing has been normal or straightforward about the Bills. 

James Cook fumble that bounced back into his arms was it. 

The rest is going to be on all the boys. 

Edited by BBFL

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

All championship seasons have their share of good bounces and own unique tale.

If Buffalo is ever going to win a championship, their season tale ought to be one of doubt and unlikeliness - such as this one.

Fingers crossed.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He said in interview he would be back for the Jets game which I think was the very next game out of the minnie bye. Then like two days later he had season ending surgery. LOL. Never believe Von. 

Ahhh yes. He did. That's right. Not sure it was the next game but was like 2 games away. 

Edited by GunnerBill

11 hours ago, juno999 said:

Last year was up and down too

Last year had a completely different feel in my opinion.  Yeah the Bills battled a lot of adversity but they kept finding ways to pull off wins and finished with a comfortable 13-4 record and Division title.  There was never a point last year where we questioned if they were going to get into the playoffs.

This year started with that horrible opening night loss to the Jets.  Then the Bills seemed to find themselves again going on a demolition of the Raiders, Washington and Miami getting everybody's hype and excitement level up the point where most of us were thinking the Bills were going to be the Super Bowl favorites coming out of the AFC.  Then the wheels came apart with horrible showings against the Giants and Patriots and then the 12 Men on the field debacle against the Broncos to the point a huge portion of the fanbase was calling for McDermott to get fired.  Instead they can Dorsey and in comes Joe Brady and does a pretty good job getting the Offense back on track and the Bills start winning some games again combined with the rest of the AFC going through their own struggles and once again you get a contingent of Bills fans claiming the Bills will be the favorites in the AFC...but oh wait there's a catch!  Things still actually have to fall in place for the Bills to even get in the playoffs LOL....I dunno I just can't compare this season to any others I've ever followed.  So many up's and downs and curveballs 

Edit:  I forgot to even include all that nonsense that happened with Tyler Dunne too

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Last year had a completely different feel in my opinion.  Yeah the Bills battled a lot of adversity but they kept finding ways to pull off wins and finished with a comfortable 13-4 record and Division title.  There was never a point last year where we questioned if they were going to get into the playoffs.

This year started with that horrible opening night loss to the Jets.  Then the Bills seemed to find themselves again going on a demolition of the Raiders, Washington and Miami getting everybody's hype and excitement level up the point where most of us were thinking the Bills were going to be the Super Bowl favorites coming out of the AFC.  Then the wheels came apart with horrible showings against the Giants and Patriots and then the 12 Men on the field debacle against the Broncos to the point a huge portion of the fanbase was calling for McDermott to get fired.  Instead they can Dorsey and in comes Joe Brady and does a pretty good job getting the Offense back on track and the Bills start winning some games again combined with the rest of the AFC going through their own struggles and once again you get a contingent of Bills fans claiming the Bills will be the favorites in the AFC...but oh wait there's a catch!  Things still actually have to fall in place for the Bills to even get in the playoffs LOL....I dunno I just can't compare this season to any others I've ever followed.  So many up's and downs and curveballs 

Edit:  I forgot to even include all that nonsense that happened with Tyler Dunne too

And you left out the fiasco "home game" where the London Jaguars were waiting for us to arrive for a week, the injuries to Jones and Milano the week after losing Tre. It's really been a ridiculous year. 

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

And you left out of the fiasco "home game" where the London Jaguars were waiting for us to arrive for a week, the injuries to Jones and Milano the week after losing Tre. It's really been a ridiculous year. 

Yup you are absolutely correct!  Funny how so much stuff has happened this year that you can forget something so significant while doing a season recap.  Crazy

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

The ONE game that we should’ve won was the Denver game. They missed the FG but our ST coach is incompetent. That game was literally over. 

There’s lots of games that 1 or 2 plays/penalties that change the game. But that 12 men on the field penalty literally robbed us a win. 

If the refs don't pick up that flag against the Pats the Bills win that game too. Also, the Broncos game should have never come to that. Russell Wilson just heaved a ball into the air and Courtland Sutton made the catch of his life. It was the lowest expected completion percentage for a completed pass all year. The Bills have had some stretches of poor play this year, but they have also been unlucky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

The Bills had guys get hurt left and right last year to include Allen.  Hamlin died on the field and then revived.  Last year was a mess from an injury standpoint.  Yeah they won 13 games but it was not an easy season.  About halfway into it, the offense began to struggle to score with regularity which led to Dorsey's firing this year.  It ended with a dud playoff loss to the Bengals at home.

3 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

The ONE game that we should’ve won was the Denver game. They missed the FG but our ST coach is incompetent. That game was literally over. 

There’s lots of games that 1 or 2 plays/penalties that change the game. But that 12 men on the field penalty literally robbed us a win. 

It is not incompetence unless you can show it not just the penalty.  Likely due to frequent changes a player was on field who should not have been but unless players speak about it our coaches generally do not "out" players mistakes.  

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Part of the problem was Bills fans and WGR hosts believing that the NYT playoff odds were predictive of the future.  The fact that the Bills have less than 20% in week 10 meant absolutely nothing.  

In a way you're right, the odds were always either 100% or 0%.  Same with holding a picnic on a day with a 42% chance of rain. But since we don't know which one yet, we enjoy dealing in probabilities and statistics.

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

20 hours ago, juno999 said:

Last year was up and down too

Yes last year had lots of abnormal stuff happen too but somehow the Bills were able to keep up their winning ways until the Cinci game.

18 hours ago, stinky finger said:

If Buffalo is ever going to win a championship, their season tale ought to be one of doubt and unlikeliness - such as this one.

Fingers crossed.....

I've thought this for awhile now... not to jinx it but it's felt at times like the Bills are a team of destiny.

On 12/28/2023 at 8:56 PM, Low Positive said:

If the refs don't pick up that flag against the Pats the Bills win that game too. Also, the Broncos game should have never come to that. Russell Wilson just heaved a ball into the air and Courtland Sutton made the catch of his life. It was the lowest expected completion percentage for a completed pass all year. The Bills have had some stretches of poor play this year, but they have also been unlucky.

Of course it shouldn’t have come to that. I’m just saying the game was over….until 12 men

On 12/28/2023 at 5:53 AM, stinky finger said:

Fingers crossed.....

So true....at 6-6 it seamed we were done. The players rallied around McD yet they still struggle getting motivated for weaker teams.  Maybe in such an unlikely season, the impossible might finally happen.....a championship. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So true....at 6-6 it seamed we were done. The players rallied around McD yet they still struggle getting motivated for weaker teams.  Maybe in such an unlikely season, the impossible might finally happen.....a championship. 

Wouldn't it be ironic if Tyler Dunne's hit piece was the thing that ultimately galvanizes this team.

On 12/28/2023 at 8:18 AM, SinceThe70s said:

I'm an optimistic fan - but I have to admit that for the past month or so I feel like I have to brace myself at kickoff for whatever will happen in the ensuing 3-4 hours.  The Cowboys game almost felt like cheating, lol

Usually a blowout game gets boring. This one was just FUN throughout, and quite the relief for the heart attack inducing ones ha ha. It felt good for the players, for us, for the fans there, that it was at home. The sheer nastiness of it was great too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.