Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

25 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I always felt like we underrated Singletary. 

I agree. The notion that Harris was an upgrade, or even a lateral move, was ridiculous to me. They had almost identical stats in many categories, including ypc, but Harris did that on the Pat*, who were predicated on the run. And the one category where Motor was far better was the simple stat of availability. I don't believe Harris has gone one entire season without missing game, but Motor routinely got mashed, and would pop right back up like he was made of rubber. I'm definitely a fan of his.

But, I also suspect the main reason he was cut was his lack of receiving skills, and his poor drop rate. I know that on paper, his drop rate wasn't so bad, but I do believe that several of his drops came on check downs. You can't drop check-downs on a spread offense!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GottaRun said:

If the Browns lose don't we have a chance to overtake them both?  Or is our conference record to weak to take the tiebreakers?

If the Browns win they'll have a 10-5 record, with conference record of 7-3. The Bills will be 9-6/5-5. If the Bills win out and the Browns lose both, could still overtake. But it may be a case of accepting the Browns taking up a place, and supporting them over the Texans and Bengals.

If the Browns lose don't we have a chance to overtake them both?  Or is our conference record to weak to take the tiebreakers?

After last night our conference record is 5-5 which improves to 7-5 if they win out. My sights are winning the AFCE vs WC with two games remaining in the regular season.  I would anticipate CLE losing once more.

• Like (+1) 1

We need to just get into the playoffs first. The Browns are basically already locked into a spot. The Texans winning is more detrimental to us getting in because if they do win, they stay ahead of us. The Bengals and the Texans are the teams that need to be buried

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If the Browns win they'll have a 10-5 record, with conference record of 7-3. The Bills will be 9-6/5-5. If the Bills win out and the Browns lose both, could still overtake. But it may be a case of accepting the Browns taking up a place, and supporting them over the Texans and Bengals.

This is exactly the case … want the browns to win 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Its a tough pill to swallow that flacco is playing so good. Like, wait he's been awful the last few years 

He has a good offensive line and good offensive weapons with the Browns. Look at his other stops before this one and you can see the huge difference on why a statue QB struggles.

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Its a tough pill to swallow that flacco is playing so good. Like, wait he's been awful the last few years 

I said here before the season started that we should bring in Flacco as a back up because I thought with his experience and success of winning a Super Bowl that he would be better than Kyle Allen and all I got was puke emoji's. 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Flacco’s having a bit of a resurrection this year. I thought he was finished 

I mean he had 3 INTs last week including a pick-6 and they still won... He is being propped up big time by surrounding talent. Not there's anything wrong with that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.