Chargers had 9 days to prepare

Bills had 6

Tons of teams play well after their head coach is fired 

Bills traveled 3 timezones on a short week

It's Christmas week on the road

There were lots of things going against the team this week

All wins at this point are good

6 more wins to go 

ya it being Xmas week likely shortened the week in a way . They started slow but stayed resilient 

24 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Chargers had 9 days to prepare

Bills had 6

Tons of teams play well after their head coach is fired 

Bills traveled 3 timezones on a short week

It's Christmas week on the road

There were lots of things going against the team this week

All wins at this point are good

6 more wins to go 

Eliminate the bad penalties and turnovers and your excuses don't matter...and those are just excuses you mentioned. Why does Christmas week on the road matter...and it was only 2 days.  Lots of things against this team? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I care what happens, but nothing that does will change my mind on McD.  He’s just not an NFL caliber HC.

How can a not NFL caliber HC have a winning record? Is being a HC in the NFL really that easy? “Nothing will change my mind”… You sound like a flat Earther. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just managed to watch the game.

I think that game is a perfect summary of the season….

Great football team that causes their own struggles. It’s amazing looking back at the TO margins in previous losses how similar the game was.

Bills just too good.

It’ll be said time and time again; need to eliminate these ASAP. 

This team is definitely a SB contender and quite possibly the best team in the AFC going into these playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

If the call on Morse for holding is correct then there should be 20 times more holding calls than there are. That was a terrible call based on every game I've seen over the past few years. It also basically prevented a scoring drive which would have put the game away.

It happened twice as well. Pretty much the exact same scenario. Shouldn’t have been called either time. 

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Just managed to watch the game.

I think that game is a perfect summary of the season….

Great football team that causes their own struggles. It’s amazing looking back at the TO margins in previous losses how similar the game was.

Bills just too good.

It’ll be said time and time again; need to eliminate these ASAP. 

This team is definitely a SB contender and quite possibly the best team in the AFC going into these playoffs. 

Disagree. This is an average team this season. This offense isn't the same as last seasons. They have too many drives that they don't do anything on. Other than running the ball more under Brady, this offense hasn't changed from Dorsey's. 

They either hand-off to Cook or look for the deep throw down the sidelines. Where's the underneath stuff or throws to the RB? They are very predictable. 

- Gotta have better 1st quarter.

- dumb mistakes is the issue again: early drops, Penalties, and turnovers. I was hoping they had gotten over this! 

Seems too pervasive. This will be a narrative of why you can't trust us to win it all, and it's a solid narrative. 

-stop turning the ball over!

- Allen needs to work on deep ball.

- team needs to put in some work this week. 

- Lack of pressure early and soft zone on backside early frustrating. 

- play calling was pretty solid. 

- pressure and coverage tightened. 

- Joe Brady drinks Moxie? Gross! He's weird. First off where would you even get that in LA???

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The Chargers got away with some blatant holds. I don't pay attention to OL much but I saw 3 egregious holds that weren't called, the all 22 will show alot more I assume 

The little Irish fella on the O-Line had a howler is the 2nd quarter and another in the 4th that he got away with. 

Game didn’t appear to be as bad a job on the refs part as some are making out… certainly not similar to the Philly Special. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Disagree. This is an average team this season. This offense isn't the same as last seasons. They have too many drives that they don't do anything on. Other than running the ball more under Brady, this offense hasn't changed from Dorsey's. 

They either hand-off to Cook or look for the deep throw down the sidelines. Where's the underneath stuff or throws to the RB? They are very predictable. 

Fair enough but the point is none of the other teams are blowing the competition away. Are they average too? We are one of the top 3 teams in this conference. Easily. It’s all our own undoing and struggles. Is rarely the other team dominating or imposing their will on us into a loss… especially this year. 

This offense, even with its differences in play calls, isn’t that far off from where they have been in your perspective of “not doing anything drives”. 

For the past 3/4 years when they were lighting teams up there was several drives every game where they stumbled, shot themselves in the foot or did absolutely nada with. 

Happens to every team, every game. 

The difference? 

Good football teams overcome their mistakes and failings. Something Buffalo is more than capable of being. 

This team has played some awful football this year and still only lost by one score in every game. 

Definitely a SB contender for the AFC. At least to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The worst think about the Brown penalty was that he didn't need to do it.  Allen got the pass off to Cook quickly on that play. 

Brown also blew the block on a blitzing linebacker late in the game. That's when Allen threw off his back foot to Shakir for the apparent touchdown.

The conventional wisdom, based in part on PFF grades, is that Brown is "much improved." But watch him on the highlights, this or any other game. He routinely whiffs. Routinely, as in pretty much every pass pro where he has to, you know, block. 

"Allen goes back, dodges a [Brown] pass rusher, gets the throw off." Sound familiar? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Had to fly across the country to play a team where each of their players is motivated to show the new coach that they should not be fired. They were ready to play us cause it’s fun to try and beat the best team in the NFL. Everyone relax we got the W. There were some bad turnovers and that’s why it was so close. The sky is not falling.  

If not for the turnovers and stupid penalties, i.e. tripping on Spencer Brown and holding calls on Morse, this game wouldn't have been close. The Bills need to learn to play CLEAN games if they want to win the title!! Happy to have seen Playoff Gabe today

23 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Allen Deep ball really struggling this year. 

He's throwing them on the run!! Not able to set his feet and throw them.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BBFL said:

The little Irish fella on the O-Line had a howler is the 2nd quarter and another in the 4th that he got away with. 

Game didn’t appear to be as bad a job on the refs part as some are making out… certainly not similar to the Philly Special. 

agreed. as long as their consistent on not calling it on both sides I'm cool with it

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

agreed. as long as their consistent on not calling it on both sides I'm cool with it

We’ve had a share of calls go our way. Can’t fault it for everything else evening itself out. 

You’re right, if it’s consistent and has parity it’s all good. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

“Get the ball deep, take the top off the defense”

36 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Allen Deep ball really struggling this year. 

I'm wondering if Josh's shoulder is worse than they are letting on.  Seems like it could be the reason for all his off-platforn throws too - feels like he's just gutting the ball out at tines

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I'm wondering if Josh's shoulder is worse than they are letting on.  Seems like it could be the reason for all his off-platforn throws too - feels like he's just gutting the ball out at tines

Or it could just be regressing to old habits with Daboll gone.  His pocket presence has declined significantly, no one really notices because he is so good when he bails the pocket, even if the bail is unwarranted 

Everyone expects this O to play perfect for 4 quarters every game.  The O came out sluggish, their D hand a good gameplan. They took a lot of what Bills being doing lately away and forced them push the ball downfield more. They did it getting pressure on Allen as well so it makes it tougher.  The INT, not sure if he had time to set his feet or he thought he didn’t, but that’s a tough throw to make while running. Really should not of been attempted unless he could plant and step into it. It was there though and Allen is gonna try, can’t knock him for that, it what makes him special a lot of the time. Just one of those games, that team was fired up to make a statement and Bills shot themselves in the foot. Take it how you want but earlier in the season they lose that game, that’s the difference between then and now. 

• Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, stevewin said:

He’s one of three guys that make it look as close as it was, rolling right, Diggs running in the opposite direction, a few feet from being a TD Buffalo. He just needed to set his feet, probably felt confident after the Gabe TD (similar, but his was much easier to complete on the run). Id rather have a confident Allen than hesitant Allen. He completes that next time. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can’t believe we are 3-0 after not practicing on our bye week.

LOL  Well, they were favored by 2 TDs last night and they barely squeaked by an inferior opponent, so….

Maybe if Josh Allen spent more time on the practice field honing his accuracy vs being down in his basement working on his golf swing, he wouldn’t miss wide open receivers.

And maybe if Cook and other ball carriers were at practice working on their ball protection skills instead of clubbing downtown somewhere, they wouldn’t be fumbling the ball away so often. 😉

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

IMO the whole team has regressed due to the decline/injuries to defense...I think the defense

was vastly underrated to this team's overall success.

Have you looked around the league? Everyone has significant injuries. In yesterday’s games three of the four teams were starting Quarterbacks that pretty much nobody had ever heard of. The Steelers had zero safeties playing. The Bills are officially among the LEAST injured teams now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

IMO the whole team has regressed due to the decline/injuries to defense...I think the defense

was vastly underrated to this team's overall success.

I don't agree here. Definitely not a good show yesterday, but there is actually improvement in many areas. 

I think this version of D is very dependent on scheme strategy and adjustment. A team w not much film in the can on either side knocked us off. 

The defense mostly hunkered down .

Consistently McD defense gives up in games early then usually hunkers down or harasses late. 

I know we blew some games historically too. So nothing really changed. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

9 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

Bring on the blinders wearing homer thumbs downs and red Xs. LOL

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

KC stacked ugly win after ugly win in the first half of the season when their offense wasn't clicking.   Sometimes that's how you have to win.  I wish the Bills had one more ugly win in the first half of the season.  I'm not going to complain about this one.

You may not even realize it, but you validated my post; thank you.

Going into this game everybody was saying that CURRENTLY the Bills are hot, and on a roll, and peaking at the right time. But the reality is that last night they went right back to the inconsistency we saw earlier in the year, like in the Tampa & NY Giants games. My whole point is that they’re pretty much the same team they were earlier in the year, and I’ll be very surprised (but delighted) if they make it to the SB.

Also, I don’t really care about what other teams do.

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Vomit 1

57 minutes ago, finn said:

Brown also blew the block on a blitzing linebacker late in the game. That's when Allen threw off his back foot to Shakir for the apparent touchdown.

The conventional wisdom, based in part on PFF grades, is that Brown is "much improved." But watch him on the highlights, this or any other game. He routinely whiffs. Routinely, as in pretty much every pass pro where he has to, you know, block. 

"Allen goes back, dodges a [Brown] pass rusher, gets the throw off." Sound familiar? 

Two things can be true:  Brown is much better then last year when he was awful but he is still playing at an average level.

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

LOL  Well, they were favored by 2 TDs last night and they barely squeaked by an inferior opponent, so….

Who was coming off a mini-bye, Bills had a short week, and a 5 hour plane ride.  A study a couple of years ago showed the Bills with like a 25% win percentage when they traveled to the West Coast, and the short week compounds that.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

You may not even realize it, but you validated my post; thank you.

Going into this game everybody was saying that CURRENTLY the Bills are hot, and on a roll, and peaking at the right time. But the reality is that last night they went right back to the inconsistency we saw earlier in the year, like in the Tampa & NY Giants games. My whole point is that they’re pretty much the same team they were earlier in the year, and I’ll be very surprised (but delighted) if they make it to the SB.

Also, I don’t really care about other teams do.

But this is the problem with your posts-you don’t have to care but you need to pay attention. Every team has ugly wins, every team plays inconsistently (it’s almost like the other team is also paid to play football). We complain that the Bills can’t win the close games, and then when they finally do we complain that they are inconsistent or “well they can’t play like this against __________” 

Just keep winning games, that’s all that matters 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

He’s one of three guys that make it look as close as it was, rolling right, Diggs running in the opposite direction, a few feet from being a TD Buffalo. He just needed to set his feet, probably felt confident after the Gabe TD (similar, but his was much easier to complete on the run). Id rather have a confident Allen than hesitant Allen. He completes that next time. 

Agree.

Also I saw a couple of comments on Allen needing to work on his "long ball".  By my count Allen threw 3 deep passes yesterday with one intercepted at the opponents 42 yard line leading to a charger FG, one went for a Bills TD and the other set the Bills up for a TD.  So 3 deep shots resulting in a 14 - 3 Bills run.  Seems like the deep shots are just fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Who was coming off a mini-bye, Bills had a short week, and a 5 hour plane ride.  A study a couple of years ago showed the Bills with like a 25% win percentage when they traveled to the West Coast, and the short week compounds that.

Cut it out with the lame excuses.

Earlier this year the Bills had NINE DAYS to prepare for the Bengals….how’d that game turn out?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah the Peacock stream wasn't bad and everything would be great as long as it's not ***** Collinsworth if they could fire him into the sun that'd be great. I can't count the number of times I just muted it at points so I could just not hear him.

Dont think he's gonna last much longer... saw his hand during a timeout and I am guessing he has a serious health issue... they looked like my Dad's and he is 90... Cancer... heart disease???

• Shocked 1

Bills o line wearing white gloves? Jeesh, they just scream “look at my hands” against those blue jerseys. And surely helped draw those critical holding penalties. Mitch Morse’s one was where I thought that as an inside lineman, if he had blue gloves on, no way do the refs see / call that.

I noticed several DBs wearing blue gloves that blended in.

And as others have pointed out you don't want to play an NFL team that was humiliated on national TV the week before. The Chargers were losing to the Raiders 63 - 7 at one point.  That is as bad as the Denver loss to Miami.  In hindsight it's not surprising LA came out fired up.  Collinsworth alluded to the fact that at practice he observed a Charger team chomping at the bit to knock the Bills off.

The Bills were negative 3 on TO's and had a lot of penalties at critical times.  That they still won is a great sign.  Had they done this in 3 previous games we SHOULD have won (Jets, Pats & Broncos) Buffalo would be sitting at 12 - 3 and on the verge of locking up the #1 seed.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

a 5 hour plane ride? OMG. How were they even able to play....TSA lines were probably backed up and they almost missed their connecting flight . did all the luggage make it?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Bills o line wearing white gloves? Jeesh, they just scream “look at my hands” against those blue jerseys. And surely helped draw those critical holding penalties. Mitch Morse’s one was where I thought that as an inside lineman, if he had blue gloves on, no way do the refs see / call that.

I noticed several DBs wearing blue gloves that blended in.

Didnt notice but Kelce brother's brought that up with Edelman... someone please text the coaches and equipment folks... gloves should match opponents jerseys... duh

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Who cares what "everybody" (national NFL talking heads) is saying. I don't look to the Cowherd's & Nick Wright's of the world for validation of the Bills.

And if you remember back 2021 when the Bills did get HOT and were on a roll at the end of that season they had a couple of clunky wins against the Jets & Falcons. And those sloppy wins came after their great win at NE in week 15.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.