Steelers/Bengals Game - Notable injuries

Virgil

Looks like Pickett is still out and Chase will be out for the Bengals.  Rudolph can't be much worse than Mitch was.  I'm just hoping the Steelers actually show up.  There's been a ton of media buzz about Steelers receivers just giving up on plays.  It would be great to get some help one of these weeks.  

I'm focusing on this game because a Steelers victory will put us into the top 7 and give us more control for the final two weeks.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bengals should be eliminated by now. They've had a horseshoe up their butts last two weeks. 

Still hard to see them getting in. Chiefs should hopefully be a loss especially with no Chase and then two division games. The browns especially have had their number. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Looks like Pickett is still out and Chase will be out for the Bengals.  Rudolph can't be much worse than Mitch was.  I'm just hoping the Steelers actually show up.  There's been a ton of media buzz about Steelers receivers just giving up on plays.  It would be great to get some help one of these weeks.  

I'm focusing on this game because a Steelers victory will put us into the top 7 and give us more control for the final two weeks.  

I mean Pickett has been just as bad if not worse than either of those 2 anyway...basically it's a giant QB crapfest in Pittsburgh this year. Bengals struggle mightily with the Steelers tho, even when they had Burrow. Would not be surprised at all to see the Steelers win a low scoring slugfest.

image.thumb.png.1c8e77f0fd93b00e17d26b6a1a128598.png

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Process said:

Bengals should be eliminated by now. They've had a horseshoe up their butts last two weeks. 

Still hard to see them getting in. Chiefs should hopefully be a loss especially with no Chase and then two division games. The browns especially have had their number. 

As crazy as this sounds, I want the Bengals to lose this week and then find a way to beat the Chiefs.  

If that happened, the #2 seed would be mathematically possible for us.  Even if not, I don't want the Chiefs to have any home games with a 1 or 2 seed

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't love the idea of needing any help Week 18.  Hopefully it's all squared away by then (aside from us needing to take care of our own business).  Who knows which playoff bound teams have what to play for in the final week of the regular season.  

Edited by SCBills

Big week with key matchups including this one.

Other big matchups are IND @ ATL, CLE @ HOU, and NE @ DEN.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don't love the idea of needing any help Week 18.  Hopefully it's all squared away by then (aside from us needing to take care of our own business).  Who knows which playoff bound teams have what to play for in the final week of the regular season.  

We really don't need any help unless we drop a game.  It would be nice not needing a win week 18 to secure a wild card spot, and that is a possibility if things go right the next two weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SWATeam said:

Agreed.  I only focused on the Pitt/Cincy game, because when I used the playoff machine, this was the game that put us in the top 7 regardless of all other outcomes.  Granted, that can change in the last two weeks, but I'm not smart enough to math that future math.

Indy has been paying out of their mind, but without Pittman and rb injuries, could be slowed down.  Sadly, that Falcons are that awful where it won't matter

Cleveland and Houston all comes down to Stroud's health.  I would love to see the Texans pull this out.

NE might honestly be tanking at this point.  I wouldn't put it past anyone in that org

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Cleveland and Houston all comes down to Stroud's health.  I would love to see the Texans pull this out.

I think we want CLE to win and also potentially take out CIN in week 18.  Pencil CLE in as a WC team and knock a couple others out.

• Agree 3

A couple of things...

1) Steelers are complete trash and not winning another game so forget about that this week.

2) Between the Browns and Bengals we have to accept one (maybe both) of them are getting into the playoffs as a WC. So if that's the case I'd rather root for Bengals for one key reason...winning at KC next week to hand them their 6th loss. Why? Because then KC has to go to Buffalo in the playoffs if both finish 11-6 as division winners. Also if Bengals win out they guarantee the Browns another loss which could matter for playoff purposes as well.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed.  I only focused on the Pitt/Cincy game, because when I used the playoff machine, this was the game that put us in the top 7 regardless of all other outcomes.  Granted, that can change in the last two weeks, but I'm not smart enough to math that future math.

Indy has been paying out of their mind, but without Pittman and rb injuries, could be slowed down.  Sadly, that Falcons are that awful where it won't matter

NE might honestly be tanking at this point.  I wouldn't put it past anyone in that org

Pretty sure I saw that Stroud is out this week?

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Yuck if Rudolph is starting Cincy is winning that game

Steelers usually find a way to beat Cincinnati regardless.  Probably a 50/50 game 

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Pretty sure I saw that Stroud is out this week?

He was last week and they still won.  Nothing guaranteed 

Everytime the fans and media want to bury Tomlinson, he finds a way to win a big game.  With Cincy losing Reader and Chase last week, I give the Steelers a decent chance to go into Cincy and pull off the upset.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Everytime the fans and media want to bury Tomlinson, he finds a way to win a big game.  With Cincy losing Reader and Chase last week, I give the Steelers a decent chance to go into Cincy and pull off the upset.

I mean the spread is 2.  It's basically a toss up

37 minutes ago, wjag said:

Game is in Pitt, so Cincy has to go into their house.  Not going to be an easy environment for Browning to operate, even as bad as the Steelers have been.  This is essentially Tomlin’s last gasp, we’ll see if he can rally the troops.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

We really don't need any help unless we drop a game.  It would be nice not needing a win week 18 to secure a wild card spot, and that is a possibility if things go right the next two weeks.

That Indy game I’m watching closely

need atl to win that - I see Indy as a problem for a wildcard spot for us 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

That Indy game I’m watching closely

need atl to win that - I see Indy as a problem for a wildcard spot for us 

I think if it comes down to the wild card for us the most likely scenario is making it in with both CLE and IND.  In this scenario we just need to beat out HOU, DEN, and CIN.  I don’t think PIT is a factor.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

But some QB is hoping to get a windfall from #BillsMafia!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

With the remaining schedule for the Ravens and the Chiefs -  The chiefs are licking their chops for that #1 seed once again

Well, the situation is really complicated.  Have faith that if the Bills win out, they're in.  Hopefully as the 3 or even 2 seed, so they get a home game, but if they keep playing like they have it doesn't matter.

As for which games to root for, just sit back and watch.  Someone told me, not sure I believe them, that what we do while watching has no effect on the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Didn't the Panthers have just 5,200 attendance last week? I think they get the trophy. The Chargers would probably be up there too if they were still in SD (LA is an easy trip for visiting fans).

I’m not going to pretend to know the Panther attendance regularity.

This I know. Pats pre-Brady were non existent. I lived in CT/MA since ‘78 and I did not know of a Pats fan until TB came along. All of a sudden…..

Between them and the pink hat wearing Red Sox fans….Trust me, the “crown” is theirs.

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

Don’t look now, but the Jaguars are falling this weekend to the Bucs, which would also be huge for us because the way the AFC South schedule goes with them playing e/o the final weeks, they would take themselves out, opening up a wild card spot. 

20 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Jags vs Bucs too. Jags are extremely banged up and the Bucs are playing really well. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean Pickett has been just as bad if not worse than either of those 2 anyway...basically it's a giant QB crapfest in Pittsburgh this year. Bengals struggle mightily with the Steelers tho, even when they had Burrow. Would not be surprised at all to see the Steelers win a low scoring slugfest.

image.thumb.png.1c8e77f0fd93b00e17d26b6a1a128598.png

My dad grew up in Pittsburgh so all my uncles are Steelers fans. They have been complaining about Tomlin all year and I keep telling them the bigger issue is the QB. They flat out do not have one on the roster.

1 hour ago, DrBob806 said:

Check the seats for their game vs Cincy, get back to me. 

The Pats were nothing prior to dynasty. Nobody showed, nobody cared.

Dynasty happened. Suddenly all were lifelong, attending fans.

Brady leaves and so did the fanbase. 

Checkmate.

Edited by stinky finger
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.