Have we seen the last of Micah Hyde?

Spiderweb

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Not so sad. He's had a terrific 11-year career and will be 33 in a couple of weeks. He's been an all-pro twice (both times for the Bills) along the way. He did very, very well in the NFL, and it's probably time to move onto the next stage of his life. 

Yes, but sad that his career is winding down. Sas for us as he will be missed. I had hoped he could be a Darrel Green, or Pat Fischer (longevity)....

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They will be missed. I'll never forget Micah's interception again NE in the playoffs. We were blessed having both these warriors. 

That was a thing of beauty!

2 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Hyde and Epenesa will both be inactive this week. According to reported comments from McDermott, Hyde is most likely to be IR'd, but nothing has been decided yet.

I'm sure you're reporting what you've heard, but could you include a link, or some other identifier, for "reported comments from McDermott"? 

On WGR show? 

On One Bills Live?

Over his shoulder whilst being chased out of Buffalo Wild Wings by a crazed Weasel? 

What?

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Does this mean he could still be available for the playoffs? 

Let's get to the playoffs first and then worry about it

Edited by Beck Water

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sure you're reporting what you've heard, but could you include a link, or some other identifier, for "reported comments from McDermott"? 

On WGR show? 

On One Bills Live?

Over his shoulder whilst being chased out of Buffalo Wild Wings by a crazed Weasel? 

What?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bills-micah-hyde-ruled-out-for-week-15/...    Lazy....😁

1 hour ago, ALLinALLEN said:

If so and IF hyde, poyer, and tre are all gone....and notwithstanding reid the LS....does that make JA the longest tenured Bill? 

Negative.  Dion Dawkins and Matt Milano.

I don't know if you'd want to count Shaq Lawson, who of course was drafted by the Bills and played for them the 1st 3 years of McDermott's tenure, then left for 2 teams in 2 years, then came back.

Lot of "If " on Tre and Poyer

3 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Back atcha Webslinger, that says "multi week absence".  Bills are historically reluctant to IR players who will be out 3 weeks or less, and McDermott was calling him "day to day" earlier in the week, so where/when was the IR part said?

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

If he goes on IR he can return after 4 games and we have four games left.

Source: Sean McDermott ruled out Bills S Micah Hyde (neck stinger) and DE A.J. Epenesa (ribs) for Sunday's matchup against the Cowboys during his Friday appearance on WGR550.

Damn. We cannot win without a Samoan.

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They will be missed. I'll never forget Micah's interception again NE in the playoffs. We were blessed having both these warriors. 

One of the all time plays as a Bills fan.  Special moment. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Shame.  While athletically maybe he's not what he used to be...he's super smart out there.  Pre-snap he can foresee some plays based on how opponents line up...and helps direct where our defenders should be.

And still can't get there in time or stop the play

17 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

He hasn’t made his typical Micah Hyde plays this year and with yet another neck issue it’s probably smart for him to call it a career. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills are starting two new safeties next year. 

Agree. There will be two new safties.

I'm not sold on both Cam Lewis and Tyler Rapp. They may start one.

I know they aren't going to draft a starter... so what fruit can be found on the FA market? Beane was kicking the can down the road with safety, now he's forced to deal with it.

Hyde’s best plays will always be the onside recovery for a TD and that diving INT in the 21/22 playoffs… Completely turned the whole dynamic of each game; nail in the coffin type plays. He’s had some gems but they were definitely wow plays. 

Sad to see him go but in the interest of the way the NFL is now, you need an athletic guy back there. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Could Hyde be signed on cheap to be back up S and mentor our new S?

I think that’s the only option for him and Poyer. The nod goes to Po for being slightly more capable to not have another long term injury. 

11 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I love the guy, but you are tugging on a teet that is not giving any more milk

Tug on anything long enough you are able to milk it. 

At least I should tell my wife that. 

Even though he hasn’t been the same player, it’s not like he’s been a liability in defense this season.

He’s been decent and has helped prevent deep passes.  Where he’s dropped off at is INT’s.   The only bad plays I can remember was when he tried to cover Ridley one-on-one on a C1 blitz.  A situation he probably shouldn’t have been in. 

• Like (+1) 1

We have been blessed to have this incredible safety duo. They - and the "bend but don't break" defensive approach so many fans seem to hate -  is why the Bills almost never got burned for long plays, or have a guy that was somehow not covered. But yeah, Hyde, Poyer and Tre are likely done. Hopefully  the Bills can win the Superbowl this year so they go out as champs!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/15/2023 at 4:09 PM, Beck Water said:

Negative.  Dion Dawkins and Matt Milano.

I don't know if you'd want to count Shaq Lawson, who of course was drafted by the Bills and played for them the 1st 3 years of McDermott's tenure, then left for 2 teams in 2 years, then came back.

Lot of "If " on Tre and Poyer

Back atcha Webslinger, that says "multi week absence".  Bills are historically reluctant to IR players who will be out 3 weeks or less, and McDermott was calling him "day to day" earlier in the week, so where/when was the IR part said?

Based on what we've seen with Micah, last years neck injury and I  believe the related stingers this year, the signs are clearly there for the end being near. I didn't say IR was stated anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Based on what we've seen with Micah, last years neck injury and I  believe the related stingers this year, the signs are clearly there for the end being near. I didn't say IR was stated anywhere. 

Beg pardon, this is your post to which I originally responded:

I've since found the link to the presser where McDermott was asked and said it's still under discussion, both AJ and Micah could wind up on IR, but Micah is more likely (or something to that effect)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.