Game Day Weather

Never NEVER Give-up

Actually, the Bills have had really good weather this year...by my count, the Philly game is the only Bills game so far this year where the conditions were less than ideal.  No shock to get nasty weather in Orchard Park in mid-December....

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Ah yes, of course.  Looks like we're playing either Sunday or Monday this week.  Par for the course!

image.thumb.png.a5c8f223a11c76734545e6216a86ff04.png

Wait! I give up! I give up! 

Do we play Sunday or Monday?   😋

We’ve certainly played in worse. 

• Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Everyone in Dallas is talking about preparing for the “cold in Buffalo.”  It’s going to be 48 degrees!  

Hopefully it pours.  We know Josh can sling it in a monsoon

48 is the high, by the time it's kick off...it's going to be 40.  40 and rain from Dallas who is significantly worse on the road....its the one time I want rain for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

48 is the high, by the time it's kick off...it's going to be 40.  40 and rain from Dallas who is significantly worse on the road....its the one time I want rain for the Bills.

I knew as a child that 40 and rain was the worst possible weather. I’d MUCH rather have 20 and snow. 

• Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

18 mph winds are nothing to sneeze at, either. (Or sneeze into, for that matter.)

You’ll know who your true friends are by which direction they sneeze on a windy day! 

No, it’s certainly not nothing. Josh has the arm and the experience in that setting, so we can just hope that gives us a bit of an advantage. No telling what the wind will do in that stadium in the next 5 minutes, so I’ll just wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You must have an excellent memory for being able to remember something from nearly 90 years ago.

Hey, my mind is still as sharp as a water balloon!   😂 

I do actually remember telling my mom that before I was in middle school. 

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Amen!  there is something about rain that just gets into your bones. 

This is what we call “Winter in Atlanta.”  

Yuck! Though last year wasn’t too bad. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Was looking forward to not worrying about rain gear after the early forecast but the way this season is going I’m not surprised that I’ll be packing it 🤦🏻‍♂️

This has been the best weather season, by far, in recent memory.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, 716to540 said:

In the huddle!!

I can see security getting a chuckle out of it and waiving him thru. I would!

Have I mentioned my spotty employment history? 

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he actually met Buffalo Bill Cody as a kid.  This is why he’s a Bills fan.

We went to third grade together. 

I was heartbroken when Miss Nolan got engaged. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Especially considering Josh has proven he can sling it in the rain.  

It fascinating to me how Dallas is so focused on the weather.   It’s like they’ve never played in 40 degree weather before.  

It sounds as though they are anticipating the “cold,” rain, and maybe wind will have a big enough effect on them that they need to prepare for it - when really, it’s football weather.  I’m hoping this throws them off a bit

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Especially considering Josh has proven he can sling it in the rain.  

It fascinating to me how Dallas is so focused on the weather.   It’s like they’ve never played in 40 degree weather before.  

It sounds as though they are anticipating the “cold,” rain, and maybe wind will have a big enough effect on them that they need to prepare for it - when really, it’s football weather.  I’m hoping this throws them off a bit

why is cold, wind and rain football weather? Football is played in all kinds of weather

16 hours ago, Augie said:

You’ll know who your true friends are by which direction they sneeze on a windy day! 

No, it’s certainly not nothing. Josh has the arm and the experience in that setting, so we can just hope that gives us a bit of an advantage. No telling what the wind will do in that stadium in the next 5 minutes, so I’ll just wait and see. 

It sucks for fans in attendance but I think the weather favors Buffalo.  Then again, as a Bills fans for many decades I think of examples where the weather (usually snow) SHOULD have been a disadvantage for teams but just wasn’t.  

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

why is cold, wind and rain football weather? Football is played in all kinds of weather

Ugh…. so you want to play semantics?  Seems to be popular here.

Obviously -  but like you said football is played is in all kinds of weather and the games where the weather isn’t so nice is what makes the game unique.  I thought that was pretty apparent  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Ugh…. so you want to play semantics?  Seems to be popular here.

Obviously -  but like you said football is played is in all kinds of weather and the games where the weather isn’t so nice is what makes the game unique.  I thought that was pretty apparent  

No, just that it always seems whenever there is bad weather for a Bills home game, people call it football weather. 

As some of you know, I am a big-time weather worrier and dome enthusiast.

But this is the rare game where I think bad weather will really help us. Dallas can be run on. And they really need ideal conditions to click on both sides of the ball. They like playing on fast turf in clean conditions.

I wouldn’t mind a cold, rainy, ground and pound game. Get Murray and Ty involved and pound it.

51 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think because only football in the US has a season that runs into winter and plays thru those conditions.    The context is other outdoor sports like baseball and golf.   

• Like (+1) 1

Weather definitely favors Buffalo more .   I  think the weather advantage of rain and wind combined does us more favor than 30 degree temperature.  It is not cold as typical December winter.  But rain with wind gust of 10-15 mph, wind chill will be around 35 degree. this is bad condition for indoor team to adopt.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

NHL and NBA are inside, MLB has rain delays. Football is played in all elements, heatwave, rain, wind, sleet snow. Only a thunderstorm or the occasional Florida hurricane delays games 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Was looking forward to not worrying about rain gear after the early forecast but the way this season is going I’m not surprised that I’ll be packing it 🤦🏻‍♂️

This morning they said it would start raining  byname time  with the pouring rain coming around  10 or 11 PM

25 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

NHL and NBA are inside, MLB has rain delays. Football is played in all elements, heatwave, rain, wind, sleet snow. Only a thunderstorm or the occasional Florida hurricane delays games 

I understand that. When it's sunny and 70, why don't people say that's football weather?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.