Are you ready to marry Brady? (Joe)

Mikie2times

58 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

-The 4 weeks prior to Dorsey being let go we ranked 8th in EPA on offense and scored 21.5 PPG. Both those numbers only go up if you take that data back further. 

-The 3 weeks Brady has been OC we rank 8th in EPA on offense and scored 28.6 PPG. 

We have generated almost 7 more PPG in the sample with Brady but in the same sample our defense ranked 9th in EPA vs 32nd in the previous 4 when Dorsey was here. 

Still too early, but I do want to point out that not all games are created equal.

Green = Top 10 defense

Yellow = 10-22 defense

Red = Bottom 10 defense

Dorsey:

Jets: Defensive DVOA Rank: 3rd ... 16 points scored

Raiders: Defensive Rank: 16th ... 38 points

Commanders: Defensive Rank: 32nd ... 37 points

Dolphins: Defensive Rank: 11th ... 48 points

Jaguars: Defensive Rank: 8th ... 20 points

Giants: Defensive Rank: 25th ... 14 points

Patriots: Defensive Rank: 10th ... 25 points

Buccaneers: Defensive Rank: 17th ... 24 points

Bengals: Defensive Rank: 26th ... 18 points

Broncos: Defensive Rank: 30th ... 22 points

Brady:

Jets: Defensive DVOA Rank: 3rd ... 32 points

Eagles: Defensive Rank: 20th ... 37 points

Cheifs: Defensive Rank: 9th ... 20 points

Dorsey had some horrible offensive games against bad defensive teams. Eagles aren't bad.

Joe Brady hasn't, but again ... too early. I like what I've seen thus far.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

If we're going to make Brady our OC then we better be ready to make him a HC since any OC that has a bit of success will be on the next short list of HC candidates.

And if we're going to sit on a carousel of OCs with McDefense at the helm, it's unlikely we never get anything going.

For the crowd that is scared to fire McD because of what that turn over might mean and having to re-build, get ready for the same thing with OCs constantly leaving.

Promote Brady to OC, and if it works out next year, be ready to promote him to HC. Such is the modern NFL.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Thought he shoulda ran more play action yesterday, and also some no huddle. He could've also handled the last 2 mins better. Kc had 3(?) timeouts left and we needed to find a way to make them burn those. Instead they threw it 3 times and essentially gave kc 3 more timeouts

The time management and play calling ending the half & game were bad.  Andy never burns late TO's unless he absolutely has to.

• Like (+1) 1

I was ready for the engagement after 500 yards at Philly.  But yesterday gave me pause. Gonna need to see if they can crank up the O a bit more in coming weeks against teams they should move the ball against.  Seattle hung a bunch of points on Dallas.  They are not as tough defensively as KC in my opinion.

The offense feels a lot more multidimensional than before.  There's less dependence on the Allen- Diggs connection, and much less dependence on Josh being Superman.  I'm appreciative of these changes, for sure.  

However, we still have problems with wideouts getting separation.

And we still have the problem that Kurt Warner's continually harps on: Josh still often chooses the hard yards over the easy yards.  It makes for great highlights when it works but it also leads to TOs and stalled drives.  

And I hope this offseason, like I hope every offseason, that Beane upgrades the OL.  They weren't good in the second half of yesterday's game.  A better OL will make Cook a better runner, Josh a better (and healthier) QB, and Brady a better playcaller.  

To soon, although he is a noticeable step up from Dorsey, need to see how the rest of the season plays out, 

I said it during the game but I think Spags was in his head a bit.

He must have guessed KC was going to blitz a lot, as there seemed to be what, 8 WR screens yesterday?

I hope they go back to more 11 personnel and dictate terms, opposed to reacting to what they think the D is doing to them.

Spread them out, let Josh cook, and get James cook the ball in space 

The second half play calling wasn't great, but it's still better that what we had with Dorsey.  The Bills were also on the road against a good KC team with a good defense in a very loud stadium.  I didn't love the passes on the final drive, but it didn't look like they were going to be able to get the first down on the ground, so I assume they thought having the ball in Allen's hands was the best way to try and get it.   Mahomes doesn't need much time to drive down the field (as we know all too well, unfortunately), so even if they ran the ball and KC used it timeouts up, there would have been plenty of time left for KC if the Bills didn't get the first down.   

Regardless of what we think/feel on this board, Brady will be the OC the rest of this season and, in my opinion, that will be enough of a sample size for me to know if I'd want him to stay in the role for next season.  I'd be inclined to stay with him if I had to make the choice right now, but I'll wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.