It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Please no Pachecho. We can't shut down the Chief's passing game without letting him run roughshod.

Doubt he will miss the game for a shoulder bruise - he likely will just increase his pre-game meth/coke/amphetamine cocktail intake or whatever the hell it is that spazzes him out so much during games 😛

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Following their routine schedule

We all now McD does not like to make adjustments...just look at the 3rd and 4th quarters of games. 

In all seriousness. I get wanting to keep routine. But I would have had the guys come in at least Monday or Tuesday wince they had all of last week off. With the CBA they could not have extra practices with pads but could have had extra prep days. This team has looked unprepared a number of times this year so I wonder at times if they spend enough time prepping. How many times have we heard/seen miscommunication or not being on the same page. 

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

It’s the same for everyone.  The contract with the NFLPA mandates days off and allowed number and duration of practices.  

True and not true. The team does have the ability to practice during the bye week and chose not to. They also have flexibility over practices, but not over practice days with pads and length of practices. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

\giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h6prb435cy6u7kapcs

Well played - my first instinct was to go look for forrest gump running gifs 😛

tumblr_p57fvfwkq61rtby1ko1_400.gifv

forrest-gump-running.gif

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You know the fact that he ran through the entire marching band, he probably ran through contact pretty well too, weird there was no one trying to get him to go to the NFL.

On the PUP list for his butt ox.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Every time I read about an opposing team being banged up I think of the Bengals backup offensive line pushing around our players last year

In a snow game too, where we're playing 10 yards off the WR's and all they had to do was turn around and catch it for 5-7 yards every play. With no pressure needed on Burrow.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This is a huge matchup advantage.

Chiefs fan here. Wanya looked okay vs the Packers. 

Donovan Smith has been okay but not great, he's also been battling injuries. It's possible he could have gone and this is the Chiefs preferring Wanya over a banged up Smith. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Some thoughts from a Chiefs fan. 

No surprise but this is going to be a very compelling game. Bill injuries have put your team in a different position than I would have expected coming into the season, but when I watch the Bills play, it still looks like the most formidable offense in the NFL to me. Tons of answers to whatever almost any defense can throw at them. 

On the surface, it feels like the Bills and Chiefs both need to really commit to the running game in order to win this game. The Chiefs pass defense has been exceptional this year and both teams have pretty mediocre run defenses for whatever reason. Sounds crazy to say teams with Mahomes and Allen should run the ball, but it does kinda feel that way. Not sure that's how it will play out though. 

I know the mood in Buffalo is tense. Things in KC are getting pretty tense as well due to the struggles of the offense and the expectations being so high for this team now. In some ways this game feels more tense than the two playoff games these two teams have played. While the Chiefs can make the playoffs if they lose this game, and likely will, there is a general belief that the Chiefs losing this game speaks to their lack of championship character. 

The Chiefs offense is sputtering and still figuring things out. The defense seemed generational until two weeks ago when the Raiders figured out that power running and play action is an effective way to attack. Green Bay leaned into the power run and just bullied the Chiefs offensive line. 

With all the Bills injuries and the Chiefs starting a rookie LT, I will be somewhat stunned if the Chiefs don't come out and try to run the ball right at the Bills. 

Bills win this one 27-24. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 9

1 minute ago, boilertiger said:

No surprise but this is going to be a very compelling game. Bill injuries have put your team in a different position than I would have expected coming into the season, but when I watch the Bills play, it still looks like the most formidable offense in the NFL to me. Tons of answers to whatever almost any defense can throw at them. 

On the surface, it feels like the Bills and Chiefs both need to really commit to the running game in order to win this game. The Chiefs pass defense has been exceptional this year and both teams have pretty mediocre run defenses for whatever reason. Sounds crazy to say teams with Mahomes and Allen should run the ball, but it does kinda feel that way. Not sure that's how it will play out though. 

I know the mood in Buffalo is tense. Things in KC are getting pretty tense as well due to the struggles of the offense and the expectations being so high for this team now. In some ways this game feels more tense than the two playoff games these two teams have played. While the Chiefs can make the playoffs if they lose this game, and likely will, there is a general belief that the Chiefs losing this game speaks to their lack of championship character. 

The Chiefs offense is sputtering and still figuring things out. The defense seemed generational until two weeks ago when the Raiders figured out that power running and play action is an effective way to attack. Green Bay leaned into the power run and just bullied the Chiefs offensive line. 

With all the Bills injuries and the Chiefs starting a rookie LT, I will be somewhat stunned if the Chiefs don't come out and try to run the ball right at the Bills. 

Very fair assessment - Fans of opposing teams like yourself are more than welcome on this board!  Appreciate the insights.  My view is that this matchup has almost become like a divisional one since the teams have played so often recently.  Like most Bills fans, I think we're hoping for the best but fearing the worst (e.g., 4th quarter/OT collapse).

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, boilertiger said:

lol

thinking there is a 'lack of championship character' in KC is one the most ridiculously privileged of takes in football

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boilertiger said:

I don't think the Bills win because they Chiefs are likely going to do exactly what you say....run the ball down this defenses throat and have success doing it especially up the middle.

In fact this team is due for an opposing team to run for 200+ yards against them and would be fitting it's this week with the assumption they can just shut down the Chiefs passing game like other teams have in recent weeks.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

lol

thinking there is a 'lack of championship character' in KC is one the most ridiculously privileged of takes in football

You never know if a team can be a champion until they are one. I was speaking more to the way people in Kansas City will view the Chiefs if they lose to the Bills in a game which will simulate the stakes of a playoff game to a certain extent. 

The Chiefs issues and the Bills issues are much different. Chiefs fans are privileged. We had some hard years, but we've never had anything similar to the types of seasons the Bills have had recently. One could argue the 90's were similar, but those Chiefs teams didn't have a QB. 

If the Bills win this game, I believe they have an opportunity to do what the Colts did back in 06. Muddle their way to the playoffs with a suspect defense before the defense finally figures some things out (bob sanders) and they go on the road to beat the Ravens before finally overcoming the Patriots mountain in the AFC title game. 

2 hours ago, TheWei44 said:

Very fair assessment - Fans of opposing teams like yourself are more than welcome on this board!  Appreciate the insights.  My view is that this matchup has almost become like a divisional one since the teams have played so often recently.  Like most Bills fans, I think we're hoping for the best but fearing the worst (e.g., 4th quarter/OT collapse).

I am not a Bengal fan. A lot of Chiefs fans online are crazy, but I do not think we are nearly as unhinged as the Bengal fanbase. I wish nothing but misery for the Bengals forever when it comes to their team. 

The Bills winning would hurt, but I prefer it to any other team in the AFC for a lot of reasons. Josh Allen seems like a great guy, and I think the Buffalo fanbase is tremendous. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Chiefs LB Nick Bolton somewhat surprisingly a full participant in Wednesday's practice. Has been out since midseason. Seems like he'll be in line to make his return which would be a major boost to KC defense. LT Donovan Smith seems unlikely as does LB Drue Tranquill (concussion). Jerick McKinnon limited today but seems like a go.

Pacheco did not practice today. 

50 minutes ago, beebe said:

Chiefs LB Nick Bolton somewhat surprisingly a full participant in Wednesday's practice. Has been out since midseason. Seems like he'll be in line to make his return which would be a major boost to KC defense. LT Donovan Smith seems unlikely as does LB Drue Tranquill (concussion). Jerick McKinnon limited today but seems like a go.

Pacheco did not practice today. 

Fucck of course he’s returning healthy for bills game

2 hours ago, boilertiger said:

I wish nothing but misery for the Bengals forever when it comes to their team. 

Usually I'm not a big fan of opposing fans "coming in peace" to talk about their team (almost always devolves into an extended  "this is why you're wrong about my team " lecture/argument) - but I have to say I like your style with this comment :)

8 hours ago, boilertiger said:

This game will come down to coaching, and once again McD will be beaten to a pulp.

All I know is I want the Bills to have a two-score when there are 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. If they have a one-score lead, or tied, or losing then I have no confidence in them getting to 7-6. A two-score lead late in the 4th quarter please. My nerves can't take any more of these nailbiters especially since the Bills are losing most of them.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

All I know is I want the Bills to have a two-score when there are 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. If they have a one-score lead, or tied, or losing then I have no confidence in them getting to 7-6. A two-score lead late in the 4th quarter please. My nerves can't take any more of these nailbiters especially since the Bills are losing most of them.

It's going to need to be up by two scores with 2:00 left in the game. 5 minutes is too much time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.