Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What do you think should happen?

His name is ruined now.  Half this fanbase & the NFL fanbase, for that matter, will never not call him a woman beater.  

She recanted her story and/or now states everyone blew it out of proportion. 

What is the league supposed to do with that?

in a league that has tyreek hill, dashawn watson, and more playing - i don't see a reason why miller won't be given a pass.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

in a league that has tyreek hill, dashawn watson, and more playing - i don't see a reason why miller won't be given a pass.

It’s not even about being given a pass.. 

Why is it the leagues responsibility to take action on someone when the person who alleged something happened, hours later.. says it didn’t happen?

Sure, they’ll look into it, but I’m not sure what the NFL, who has the NFLPA to deal with, is supposed to do about something that allegedly happened … then… allegedly didn’t happen. 

• Like (+1) 3

It doesn't matter if she recants, from the stories:

When police arrived, she had minor abrasions and bruising on her neck consistent with "pressure".

With that physical evidence, it is the District Attorney's prerogative whether or not to proceed with charges.

It's out of the girl friend's hands and into the hands of the DA, and Goodell. The questions going forward:

Is it one of those ambitious headline seeking DAs?

What will Goodell do with it?

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What do you think should happen?

His name is ruined now.  Half this fanbase & the NFL fanbase, for that matter, will never not call him a woman beater.  

She recanted her story and/or now states everyone blew it out of proportion. 

What is the league supposed to do with that?

I mean what I think I kind of irrelevant - I think that the league has set precedent a lot with this behavior and it's more of a morality thing. I view it similar to politics - it's part of the territory - alot of things need to be changed in society for us to treat each other better and just have respect for one another - 

I'm not expecting he league to change much like I don't expect people to ever just be good to one another - 

I fully expected as many on here that the story would be changed - money silences alot- if the NFL really wanted a change they would need the Players Union to have an ethics committee - but let's just be real here- smoke and mirrors is all you will ever get

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why is it the leagues responsibility to take action on someone when the person who alleged something happened, hours later.. says it didn’t happen?

Sure, they’ll look into it, but I’m not sure what the NFL, who has the NFLPA to deal with, is supposed to do about something that allegedly happened … then… allegedly didn’t happen. 

I don't want to come across as brash but there is a reason Texas law is what it is- statically most Victims of domestic violence change there story

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

If the guy was any good anymore I would have to seriously question any police reports coming out of Dallas two weeks before we play the Cowboys.

I also have to question whether the report would have been made public by the Dallas police department if the accused were, say, Micah Parsons.  And if it had happened in Buffalo, I'm not sure we hear about it at all (except for rumors).  So pardon my cynicism about whether the right thing is gonna get done here.

The fact that Tyreek Hill, Adrian Peterson, Joe Mixon, Tyrel Dodson, et al ad infinitum ad nauseam have been allowed to continue playing means only one thing:  if the team will be better after cutting Von, they will cut him.  If cutting Von will hurt the team, they won't cut him.  Period.  The Bills unfortunately are no different from any other team in the league, despite all the eyewash about "culture."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 His girl is already back tracking.

2 Any allegation by a woman these days can ruin a man's life whether true or not. (ie - Punt God) This is why so many men are avoiding women now.

3 Let's wait and see what the cost says.

4 Will the Bill's take a cap space hit?

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks for the great info! This is part of what makes this board easy to appreciate, even after decades of being here.

If the police could see bruises on the scene, beleive me the bruises will be far worse on the following day. These players have super human strength and getting choked by one is going to leave noticeable marks. I'm sure that the police will take appropriate photos. 

Miller is likely crazed on booze, drugs, untraceable steroids, or any combination of these things. CTE anyone? 

I hope that the Bills cut him from the team and can save money on the cap hit.

Thanks again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

This is what you care about? Really? HOF? If he's guilty, he'll be doing time at worst, and have a record as an abuser at minimum. No HOF, No future GM, No future broadcaster. You need a life dude.  

You sound like one of those internet warriors . Relax. His wife had minor bruises, didn't go to the hospital and now is backtracking her story and saying the media blew it out of proportion. I'm not arguing that the guy sucks at football and doesn't seem to be a great person outside of it either. Simply asked a question of whether he's hall of fame worthy. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Common bye week activities 

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

First to say, Yolo sighting. Welcome! 

The things we got to do nowadays to get Yolo in a thread...:cry:

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Yes.  The NFL and the Buffalo Bills should temporarily suspend Miller and then conduct their own investigation into the matter, to determine whether the allegations are true.

There are reasons the woman may end up dropping the charges (money, security, fear), which have nothing to do with whether Von Miller actually committed the assault or not.

Bottom line... if Miller did what he's being charged with, I don't want him playing another down for the team.

Even if he didn't do the crime do we really still want him playing another down for the team?

• Like (+1) 2

The GF back tracking is so common among DV victims. The fact that Von took off before the police got there is also highly questionable. Personally, I tend to believe there was some sort of heated altercation and Von took it too far. The relationship with the GF seems like a toxic one and this probably happens often.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

According to the story: Thursday via text message, the woman wrote, "We’re fine. Things were blown way out of context. This is actually outrageous!"

"No one assaulted anyone," she texted. "This is insane. And sad."  She described the conflict as a "verbal disagreement" and "huge misunderstanding."

The problem is she called the police, they responded, a compliant was filed, and an arrest warrant was issued.  From reports there was physical evidence, things broken and bruises on her body at the scene of the altercation which the police would have observed and documented and collected. 

So saying nothing happened at this point after what I understand was an official complaint leaves the woman open to charges of filing a false police report.  It would be another story if she just wanted to drop the charges but that would imply something did happen and leave Miller subject to potential disciplinary action from the Bills and the NFL regardless of whether or not she dropped the charges.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Technically, if there is solid evidence (like witness testimony from you and the two custodians), the prosecutor can file charges without the victim's cooperation. 

How often they do, can't say.

You'd be right if it got to that point. The SRO didn't even make a report (I think), I don't think he was ever arrested. 

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

According to the story: Thursday via text message, the woman wrote, "We’re fine. Things were blown way out of context. This is actually outrageous!"

"No one assaulted anyone," she texted. "This is insane. And sad."  She described the conflict as a "verbal disagreement" and "huge misunderstanding."

The problem is she called the police, they responded, a compliant was filed, and an arrest warrant was issued.  From reports there was physical evidence, things broken and bruises on her body at the scene of the altercation which the police would have observed and documented and collected. 

So saying nothing happened at this point after what I understand was an official complaint leaves the woman open to charges of filing a false police report.  It would be another story if she just wanted to drop the charges but that would imply something did happen and leave Miller subject to potential disciplinary action from the Bills and the NFL regardless of whether or not she dropped the charges.

I’m starting to think those two might not be good for each other, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

At least he didn’t commit the ultimate sin of silently protesting!!! I wonder if there would be Von in crosshairs like certain of players. 

football fans have the most garbage sense of morals. 

Literally the entire board, along with Bills Twitter, was saying yesterday … if he did what he’s accused of, he needs to be gone. 

Now his gf is backtracking and defending him and some of us are simply asking what anyone thinks the NFL/Bills are supposed to do in this situation. 

but go off…

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

You'd be right if it got to that point. The SRO didn't even make a report (I think), I don't think he was ever arrested. 

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/buffalo-bills-nfl-von-miller-faces-arrest-in-dallas-texas-domestic-violence-case/287-2904617b-5d0d-4252-a321-28d8f61807f0

He was arrested. Lots of details for no report.

Its not at all uncommon for the victim to recant or later minimize the incident.  This is unfortunately a common occurrence in DV situations.  I believe law enforcement typically calls it a day at that point.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/buffalo-bills-nfl-von-miller-faces-arrest-in-dallas-texas-domestic-violence-case/287-2904617b-5d0d-4252-a321-28d8f61807f0

He was arrested. Lots of details for no report.

Its not at all uncommon for the victim to recant or later minimize the incident.  This is unfortunately a common occurrence in DV situations.  I believe law enforcement typically calls it a day at that point.

Oh sorry, I wasn't talking about Von Miller, but expanding on an experience I had with a coworker who had a DV incident at work. 

I agree with you and that the situation is different with Von. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Literally the entire board, along with Bills Twitter, was saying yesterday … if he did what he’s accused of, he needs to be gone. 

Now his gf is backtracking and defending him and some of us are simply asking what anyone thinks the NFL/Bills are supposed to do in this situation. 

but go off…

If he did it he should be gone.  BUT if he definitely did it but now the victim claims it was all a big misunderstanding after the fact because relationships are complicated, thats an entirely different fact set.  Get it?

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

but go off…

You know it won’t be the outrage of that other situation. You are a liar id you say otherwise. 

fans cared more about that than Joe Mixon and Tyreek Hill combined. 

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Innocent until proven guilty.  People rushing to judgment to condemn is the new trendy "social justice" nonsense 

Define the term “social justice” without looking it up. 

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is not new.  She is notorious for going nuts on Instagram and accusing him of using cocaine and neglecting their kids.  Just an overall toxic relationship 

So mango was right about coked Von! 

and if he did it, he’s a garbage human being and needs to go to prison. And not going to victim shame but maybe marry a stripper isn’t the best idea in the first place. No offense to the good hardworking ladies out there,

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Define the term “social justice” without looking it up. 

He means “social media justice” but the overall point is correct.  Given the instant news cycle and social media, the second someone is accused of something they are automatically guilty in the court of public opinion.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If he did it he should be gone.  BUT if he definitely did it but now the victim claims it was all a big misunderstanding after the fact because relationships are complicated, thats an entirely different fact set.  Get it?

LMAO. Wut? She calls the cops on him, and when they show up, he's taken off, and most importantly, they see bruises on her body, to include marks on her neck.

Later, she realizes that Von may lose millions of dollars, and of course that will affect her & her kids, so she tries to brush off the situation.

So, "the fact set" never changed (she was assaulted by VM) but her mindset did because of the realization of losing millions of dollars, and consequently, likely losing her lavish lifestyle.

Get it?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

He means “social media justice” but the overall point is correct.  Given the instant news cycle and social media, the second someone is accused of something they are automatically guilty in the court of public opinion.  

Yeah because isn’t it social justice what people complain about being too soft on crime? 

but instant reactions to any story without the full facts is very dumb. 

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Innocent until proven guilty.  People rushing to judgment to condemn is the new trendy "social justice" nonsense 

Seems like 99% of the posts here are “wait for the details to be released, but if he assaulted her get rid of him.”

Being mindful of different behaviors that a DV victim can exhibit, how the NFL disregards DV situations, and being a “social justice warrior” are very different things. 

If the police/DA won’t investigate, the NFL still should, and if they won’t the Bills still should. The alleged allegations that are now allegedly being recanted are serious. Unless the affidavit is a complete lie, Miller doesn’t deserve to be rostered. 

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

LMAO. Wut? She calls the cops on him, and when they show up, he's taken off, and most importantly, they see bruises on her body, to include marks on her neck.

Later, she realizes that Von may lose millions of dollars, and of course that will affect her & her kids, so she tries to brush off the situation.

So, "the fact set" never changed (she was assaulted by VM) but her mindset did because of the realization of losing millions of dollars, and consequently, likely losing her lavish lifestyle.

Get it?

You paraphrase my post and ask if I understand the situation??  You may want to read it again, Bob.

Just now, billsfanmd07 said:

Hopefully If she decides to not press charges this is our golden parachute to let him go and get out of that contract that I think most on here by the way were ecstatic when he signed.

If she doesn’t press charges, the case gets dropped and he very likely isn’t suspended under the NFLs PCP. 

This all shouldn’t stop the Bills from doing a thorough investigation into these allegations and eating the dead cap if it comes to that. 

Some things are more important than football, I don’t want ANY woman beaters on this team, dead cap be damned. 

• Agree 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If she doesn’t press charges, the case gets dropped and he very likely isn’t suspended under the NFLs PCP. 

This all shouldn’t stop the Bills from doing a thorough investigation into these allegations and eating the dead cap if it comes to that. 

Some things are more important than football, I don’t want ANY woman beaters on this team, dead cap be damned. 

Ok.. so the Bills can:

Read the police report

Talk to Von / he’ll deny it

Talk to the GF / she’ll deny it

Then what…

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

good points. But would we still be paying him cash? He would get all his money and not even have to show up

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

100% agree. who knows if something didn't happen or did. but the nfl will act because of the current culture we are in.

• Agree 1

Just now, billsfanmd07 said:

good points. But would we still be paying him cash? He would get all his money and not even have to show up

Depends if he’s suspended under the NFLs Personal Conduct Policy. If he is, it voids his 2024 guarantees and the team saves 17m.

If the NFL doesn’t but the Bills investigation shows he did (or likely did) assault her, they would have to eat his contract. 

As the usual TBD suspects get their pitchforks and torches ready to go after yet another woman, I'll quote another reply I saw elsewhere that best articulates a good perspective to keep here...

"Its worth putting aside some disbelief for a moment to also think about how abusive relationships work. As a woman, particularly a pregnant one who is probably feeling extra vulnerable, there is always a lot of pressure to comply, or not report, or to smooth things over to avoid futher conflict and violence.

Imagine you have just seen a man the size of Von Miller angry enough to strike you, he is thousands of times richer and more powerful than you, more or less your entire well being relies on him at this point, and he or his lawyers just told you in very unpleasant terms your call to the police may have just cost him tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money. Money that would have gone to you and your child, but maybe more scary money that the father of your child who already assaulted you now feels like you cost him.

Is this a highly toxic relationship? Probably. But please don't underestimate the pressure to capitulate in a situation like this, and try and have a little grace in your heart for this likely very scared and confused woman."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.