Who lost the game for us ?

Teddy KGB

Who lost the game for us ?   

249 members have voted

1. 1. Philly doghouse

• Tyler Bass
    • Micah Hyde hideous 3rd and long defense
    • McClappy

Add Cook and Davis to the poll.Ā Officials calling zero PIs on 51 pass attempts when Slay was mugging people was another contributing factor.Ā 

Ā 

Feels like I should state the obvious that there was no single play that lost the football game but rather a confluence of mistakes and missed opportunities but I don't want to interfere with your lynching.Ā 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Feels like I should state the obvious that there was no single play that lost the football game but rather a confluence of mistakes and missed opportunities but I don't want to interfere with your lynching.Ā 

Ā 

Exactly. And exactly why I voted for McClappy. He's the only one who has influence on the entire game.

Ā 

A single play by a single player is never the sole factor.

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McDermott owns it because heā€™s the HC and he always manages to lose these games with his decision making and his defense unable to get a stop. Ā 
Ā 

That being said.. Ā We had the game won if Gabe Davis adjusts his route as he should have based on the look the defense gave us. Ā  Allen threw a game winning TD pass to where Gabe should have been. Ā 
Ā 

I voted Tyler Bass though. Ā  The entire game changed when he missed that FG. Ā  We had just got a stop on defense out of half. Ā  Philly looked miserable. Ā Their fans were miserable. Ā  Go up 20-7, in miserable weather, and theyā€™re getting pretty close to ā€œon to San Franā€ mode. Ā 
Ā 

Instead, he missed it. Ā Gave them life. Ā Gave them good field position. Ā Defense immediately gives up an explosive run. Ā 
Ā 

Game on. Ā 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8

The HC and his massively praised defense got not one, but two opportunities to stop the Eagles and win the game, and they failed spectacularly.Ā 

Ā 

He even had the gall to kneel down and not even give Allen the chance to win it in regulation.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Blaming anything else is just projection.

• Agree 2

Hate to say it, but Allen's bad INT really contributed. He played great for 99% of the game, and the one mistake he made was a back breaker.

Ā 

Besides that, officiating was really bad. Bass missing kicks. McDermott not being able to adjust well to the Eagles adjustments. And Gabe Davis not looking for the ball in an obvious situation where he should have been looking for the ball.

Ā 

And every time Sherfield came in for Diggs, it was a disaster. What was up with Diggs? Why did he need to leave the field so much?

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Ā 

He's a regular.Ā  It's always his fault.Ā Ā 

Ā 

The lowest paid starting player.Ā  He's the one.Ā  LOLĀ 

Ā 

Anyway, that's a given.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The same guy who caught the go-ahead TD with 1:50 left and just needed his "Defensive Guru" DC/HC to get a stop with less than 2 minutes left.

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

What was up with Diggs? Why did he need to leave the field so much?

Ā 

I think this was just a case of broadcast bias.

Ā 

According to @HappyDays, Diggs played 87 of 95 snaps yesterday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

McDermott, DBs, Bass, officiating are all worthy candidates.Ā  At the end of the day, this is McDermott's team and defense.

Ā 

Difficult to argue.Ā 

Ā 

When the D gives up 136 yards and 17 poitns in the last 17 minutes to send the game into OT, then allows another 75 yards on 9 plays on a single drive in OT, it can't be anything else.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Lotsa fingers being pointed at Gabe, again, the lowest paid starting player on the team, but how about Allen's horrible decision to throw into double-coverage short to Diggs to set up that TD that gave the Eagles the lead and all the momentum that they needed to win the game.Ā  Allen had a great game, but that single play was as equally to blame if not more so than any other.Ā  Gabe's missed route wouldn't have even mattered had Allen not made that ill-advised throw, again, into obviously double-coverage.Ā  Why?Ā  Probably forcing Diggs.Ā 

Ā 

Meanwhile, Diggs had only one 3rd-down catch for a 1st-down.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Tough to blame individual players, particularly Allen or even in this case Davis who led the team in receiving with 6 catches for 105 yards and 1 TD, but he's the forum's whipping boy so that's just the way that is.Ā  I guess that he got a 19-yard pass on 3rd-and-9 to set up Allen's run for our first TD on the next play wasn't very good.Ā  Or his beautiful route late in the 4th to put us up again on 3rd-and-4 for his TD.Ā  Then keeping our OT drive alive with a 13-yard catch on 3rd-and-9.Ā  Had he not done that, all that the Eagles would have needed was a FG.Ā  Irrelevant apparently.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's amazing the beating that a cheap player, again, the least paid of any regular starting player, takes.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If we could get in terms of value from all of our players, particularly our money-men, the value that we get from a 4-year $4M player, prior to any accelerators/incentives, we'd be world-class and there would be zero debate about how good a job Beane has done.Ā Ā 

Ā 

No, Davis isn't worth $15M, but at what he costs, he's a bargain and then some.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

FACTS:

Bass missed FGs

Josh threw a bad INT

Cook dropped a possible TD

Davis and Allen had the miscommunication

Refs were ATROCIOUS.

Ā 

ALSO FACT:

Even after all that, Josh Allen and the offense left the field TWICE in the final 2 minutes and OT with the lead. And our DEFENSIVE minded HC could not scheme up a stop.Ā 

Ā 

This was like a low budget sequel to 13 Seconds. Call it "20 Seconds: Electric Boogaloo".

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The same guy who caught the go-ahead TD with 1:50 left and just needed his "Defensive Guru" DC/HC to get a stop with less than 2 minutes left.

Ā 

Yep, that's the one.Ā  And more.Ā  I just mentioned that above.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hate to say it, but Allen's bad INT really contributed. He played great for 99% of the game, and the one mistake he made was a back breaker.

Ā 

Besides that, officiating was really bad. Bass missing kicks. McDermott not being able to adjust well to the Eagles adjustments. And Gabe Davis not looking for the ball in an obvious situation where he should have been looking for the ball.

Ā 

And every time Sherfield came in for Diggs, it was a disaster. What was up with Diggs? Why did he need to leave the field so much?

Statistically this play was probably the biggest negative impact on the game, besides the TD that won it lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

It's the refs, McDermott as a decision maker as well as the DC/leader of that defense, and missed execution on a few specific play on offense. It's all 3 of these things because if any one of them had been different we would have won. An evenly officiated game we win, a defense that isn't absent after the first half, seriously Eagles score 5/7 drives after the first half, gets us the win, and we get points on some of those plays we should have and or obviously get the TD in OT we win.

Ā 

It's extremely frustrating that there so many things that if they had been different we'd have won but it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

FACTS:

Bass missed FGs

Josh threw a bad INT

Cook dropped a possible TD

Davis and Allen had the miscommunication

Refs were ATROCIOUS.

Ā 

ALSO FACT:

Even after all that, Josh Allen and the offense left the field TWICE in the final 2 minutes and OT with the lead. And our DEFENSIVE minded HC could not scheme up a stop.Ā 

Ā 

This was like a low budget sequel to 13 Seconds. Call it "20 Seconds: Electric Boogaloo".

Ā 

Ā 

Even more important FACT:

Ā 

Our D gave the ball to our "seriously good" Offense numerous times in the game, three 3-and-out in the first half for the Eagles! Our O came away with 3 points after those 3-and-outs by the Eagles. Gimme a frickin break with you tools today. Wow. The team played amazing against a 9-1 NFL leading team. Lot's to blame or maybe just enjoy it! Losing frickin sucks but my buddah... fire this...fire that.... That was the toughest game on our sked. We are in trouble but that has no merit on what happened last night. maybe if we had better players overall....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Ā 

Let's institute a demerit system

Ā 

Bass gets 3 demerits for yesterday

Ā 

Three demerits, and you'll receive a citation.

Five citations, and you're looking at a violation.

Four of those and you'll receive a verbal warning.

Keep it up and you're looking a written warning.

Two of those, that'll land in a world of hurt, in the form of a disciplinary review written up by me and placed on the desk of my superior.

Write it up by the end of the day or you'll receive a full disadulation.

Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Add Cook and Davis to the poll.Ā Officials calling zero PIs on 51 pass attempts when Slay was mugging people was another contributing factor.Ā 

Ā 

thank you sir, one knows to not interfere with a nice lynchingĀ seattle seahawks nfl GIF

5 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Even more important FACT:

Ā 

Our D gave the ball to our "seriously good" Offense numerous times in the game, three 3-and-out in the first half for the Eagles! Our O came away with 3 points after those 3-and-outs by the Eagles. Gimme a frickin break with you tools today. Wow. The team played amazing against a 9-1 NFL leading team. Lot's to blame or maybe just enjoy it! Losing frickin sucks but my buddah... fire this...fire that.... That was the toughest game on our sked. We are in trouble but that has no merit on what happened last night. maybe if we had better players overall....

Oh no amazing point. So much fun seeing things like last night. And the Hail Murray. And 13 seconds. And the collapse at home against Minnesota last year. And the meltdown playoff game against the Bengals last year. And the dumb ending with the Broncos this year. And....should I keep going or are you having too much fun???

Ā 

We have soooo many fun and exciting "moral victory" banners from the McDermott era. So so many.

Ā 

See, it's not all about what last night was. It's the cumulative failings of this team going all the way back...even before the loss to Urban Meyer...no even further back then that. It's ingrained in this team now to fall short. That's the defining theme of McDermott's whole tenure here.Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Oh no amazing point. So much fun seeing things like last night. And the Hail Murray. And 13 seconds. And the collapse at home against Minnesota last year. And the meltdown playoff game against the Bengals last year. And the dumb ending with the Broncos this year. And....should I keep going or are you having too much fun???

Ā 

We have soooo many fun and exciting "moral victory" banners from the McDermott era. So so many.

Ā 

See, it's not all about what last night was. It's the cumulative failings of this team going all the way back...even before the loss to Urban Meyer...no even further back then that. It's ingrained in this team now to fall short. That's the defining theme of McDermott's whole tenure here.Ā 

I get your point. Or.. it's called the NFL. And our team just isn't that good. There, now you know.

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™d jive with this more if the defense didnā€™t give up a preposterous td on a 3rd and 15 to a scrub wr after the int.Ā 
Ā 

itā€™s hard for me to hate on the INT when josh shouldā€™ve had 5 total tds if cook doesnā€™t drop that pass since weā€™re on the topic of mistakesĀ 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Bass is getting a lot of extra ***** because we let some ####### block one of his kicks, he wouldn't have looked near as bad if that hadn't happened.

Heā€™s been missing kicks for weeks nowā€¦missed one against Denver too and one against NE and one against NYGĀ 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I get your point. Or.. it's called the NFL. And our team just isn't that good. There, now you know.

Gee, if only there is a person or a set of people that could be held accountable for assembling a team that...as you say just isn't that good. Oh, wait there is? It's a GM and a coach! There...now you know!

Ā 

Have a fantastic Monday!

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Statistically this play was probably the biggest negative impact on the game, besides the TD that won it lol

Iā€™d say the circus td on 3rd and 15 after the INT was a bigger impact. Ā Thereā€™s just no way that can be allowed to happenĀ 

shouldā€™ve gotten the ball back in a tie gameĀ 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Ā 

The INT gave the Eagles a 75% probability of winning.

Ā 

Allen scoring on the next drive gave the Bills an 80% probability to win that increased to 95% before the end of regulation.

Ā 

In short, Allen eradicated that INT quickly.

Ā 

Yes, the Bills had a 95% probability of winning with less than a minute to go.

Ā 

Ā 

IMG-4635.jpg

Edited by Einstein
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ā 

The INT gave the Eagles a 75% probability of winning.

Ā 

Allen scoring on the next drive gave the Bills an 80% probability to win that increased to 95% before the end of regulation.

Ā 

Yes, the Bills had a 95% probability of winning with less than a minute to go.

Ā 

Ā 

IMG-4635.jpg

What was it just before the fgā€¦that was like a 1/100 type make I donā€™t think people are really grasping that lol. In decent weather thatā€™s a tough enough fgĀ 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.