Do you wonder if the league is fixed?

The Red King

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

how bout you check out the words stfu.  ?  you just spewed a script of small market and proto goat and mvp......talk about your bi polar smaller words

Just frustrated people are still equating "fixed" to "scripted" despite my explaining the difference every 2-3 pages here.

Just now, The Red King said:

Just frustrated people are still equating "fixed" to "scripted" despite my explaining the difference every 2-3 pages here.

you started it pal....there aint no nudge, its refs and qbs like big sister lawrence in Jacksonville, they make enough money to toss in a "nudge" or throw one awry as told. 

• Eyeroll 1

Everyone online thinks the league is fixed in favor of the Bills... Only problem is they were saying the same stuff last year after Damar, and yet somehow the Bills lost in the divisional round?

Hopefully this year they're right! If the Bills & Allen are league favorites, that script better see the Bills get a damn Super Bowl victory this season! 😁

13 hours ago, The Red King said:

Never said either was cool.  Just saying it's far, far easier to fix/nudge a game then it is to script it.

It's funny. People talk about this as though major sports leagues around the world, in major countries, have not had legitimate fixing schemes. Hell, right here in the good old USA, in 1919, 8 out of the 9 White Sox starters threw the World Series for cash.

This isn't some sort of conspiracy theory.  Just a few years ago Serie A in Italy was shaken to its core with MAJOR gambling fixing of games, involving the referees.  

It's happened a bunch of times in soccer around the world.

As gambling becomes a bigger and bigger part of pro sports (now it will get to the point where it's ALL about gambling), you can count on some type of fixing scheme coming our way.  

Imagine being the referee in an NFL playoff game.  Think how much incredible power you have to sway a close game simply calling, or not calling, offensive holding penalties at the right time.

You can totally modify the outcome of the game.  Ditto for defensive pass interference.

You don't need 85 people to be on board with the scheme; you need 1 or 2, if they are the right people.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

All I know is we've got Optimus Prime and Peppa Pig v. Taylor Swift if we win this week.

Divisional Round Power Rankings:

1. Optimus Prime 

2. Taylor Swift 

3. Peppa Pig

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's funny. People talk about this as though major sports leagues around the world, in major countries, have not had legitimate fixing schemes. Hell, right here in the good old USA, in 1919, 8 out of the 9 White Sox starters threw the World Series for cash.

This isn't some sort of conspiracy theory.  Just a few years ago Serie A in Italy was shaken to its core with MAJOR gambling fixing of games, involving the referees.  

It's happened a bunch of times in soccer around the world.

As gambling becomes a bigger and bigger part of pro sports (now it will get to the point where it's ALL about gambling), you can count on some type of fixing scheme coming our way.  

Imagine being the referee in an NFL playoff game.  Think how much incredible power you have to sway a close game simply calling, or not calling, offensive holding penalties at the right time.

You can totally modify the outcome of the game.  Ditto for defensive pass interference.

You don't need 85 people to be on board with the scheme; you need 1 or 2, if they are the right people.

I feel like it's something g that everyone in their heads can wonder about, BUT be the person who says it out loud and you'll be labeled negatively. I'm not on board with a full fox idea, but I also think that there can be bias or sway on a personal level be it refs or whoever. Even then I feel like

it would be hard to pull off. 

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

Obviously rigged yeah.. whenever a call goes against Buffalo (Bills & Sabres) it is a rigged game.  It has to be because there is absolutely no other explanation for Buffalo sports losing a game.  

The dolphins, pats and jets forums all currently believe the NFL is rigging for Buffalo. So, yes, I guess you figured out that sports fans are dumb.

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

The dolphins, pats and jets forums all currently believe the NFL is rigging for Buffalo. So, yes, I guess you figured out that sports fans are dumb.

Hehe.. that’s it.  It’s the way it’s been.  The way it is.. and the way it will be.  

It would be too difficult to "rig" games and have it not leak.  But there are more than a few NFL fans, not just squealer fans, who firmly believe the NFL wanted Chiefs + Swift vs Bills who point to the 2nd half of todays game officiating as proof.  I am by no means a conspiracy theory person, but they did get some help today.

It does help my world domination plan. Swift comes to Buffalo and falls in love with the city and its people.  Meets T Pegula and buys both the Sabres and Bills so Terry can spend all his time with his wife.   Hands of gold Swift brings the cup and superbowl to Buffalo!

Edited by CodeMonkey

3 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Not one guy on the cbs crew can understand how Spector didnt come up with a turnover.  

Theyre gonna try to say the recovery in bounds wasn’t clear 

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

It would be too difficult to "rig" games and have it not leak.  But there are more than a few NFL fans, not just squealer fans, who firmly believe the NFL wanted Chiefs + Swift vs Bills who point to the 2nd half of today’s game officiating as proof.  I am by no means a conspiracy theory person, but they did get some help today.

We got one tossup late hit call…what else are they sayin went our way?  We were still way behind on calls going in our favor after they stole an obvious fumble recovery from us

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We got one tossup late hit call…what else are they sayin went our way?  We were still way behind on calls going in our favor after they stole an obvious fumble recovery from us

No PI/holding on the turnover on downs that essentially ended the game is the biggest complaint I have seen,  I have to agree with that one actually.  But bad calls are a part of the NFL.  

Edited by CodeMonkey

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

No PI on the turnover on downs that essentially ended the game is the biggest complaint I have seen,  I have to agree with that one actually.  But bad calls are a part of the NFL.  

Really? I mean maybe it was but that’s still a huge uphill battle even if they get that call 

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

A guy named code monkey uses the term conspiracy.  It's not conspiracy cause everyone saw it. Esiason said not one person here can understand the call. 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Really? I mean maybe it was but that’s still a huge uphill battle even if they get that call 

Yup but that chance was removed.  And KC-Swift vs Buffalo is a ratings machine,  Fuels the tin foil hats even more.

3 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

A guy named code monkey uses the term conspiracy.  It's not conspiracy cause everyone saw it. Esiason said not one person here can understand the call. 

You need better reading comprehension.  I do not believe it is possible to rig a NFL game.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

Yes because if there is one thing the NFL Office wants, it's Miami, Boston, NYC, and Dallas out of the playoffs, and Buffalo, Detroit, and Green Bay IN.

Just the way Roger drew it up to bring in all that cash!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yup but that chance was removed.  And KC-Swift vs Buffalo is a ratings machine,  Fuels the tin foil hats even more.

I’m sure I can pick out a bunch of uncalled Steelers penalties on drives we had that stalled too not that that will matter to the conspiracy folk lol. Not overturning that fumble was absurd I think we needed a lot of good fortune late to balance that out and didn’t get enough