Around the NFL - Week 10 - Sunday, November 12th

RiotAct

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Of course they wouldn't.

He's already about as good a passer as Josh.

Stroud: 2,626 yards / 15 passing TDs / 2 INTs / 102.9 passer rating

Allen:  2,423 yards / 18 passing TDs / 9 INT's / 99.6 passer rating

Allen's got him beat on rushing, with 233 yards / 6 TDs (2 fumbles) vs Stroud's 86 yards / 2 TDs (0 fumbles), but Stroud is also only 22 years old. On the flipside, I don't think the Bills would take that trade either though, so it's purely fantasy anyway.

nobody is trading a 100+ passer rtg and 2 picks in 9 games on 300 attempts on year 1 of a rookie deal for ANYTHING. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Yeah, ok.  Guess you've been watching a different team there buckwheat

Alright genius, so the Texans, who lost to the Panthers (their only win this year btw), falcons, and colts are light years ahead and running circles around the Bills like they are nothing. And the Browns….the browns? You mention cap issues for the Bills but completely ignore by far the worst contract in NFL history that will keep the Browns in cap hell for a while. 

It’s fine, just take the L on this one-you can admit you overreacted, everyone can see that already 

15 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

This place is friggin hilarious and I love it. We haven’t even played Denver yet and the wheels have blown off TBD. So many of you flat out decompensating in real time.

You are in the Anger phase of the DABDA coping mechanism 

Expectations - Reality = Disappointment

Recalibrate your expectations and you’ll enjoy the rest of the season so much more. Currently, we are not a playoff team let alone a Super Bowl contender. There are NO teams we should blow out or boat race, every game is a fight to the finish from here on out. 

YET, we are 1 game out of the Division lead. Now I don’t even expect us to make the playoffs right now, but if somehow some way we put it together and win the next 2 games, anything can happen and we may take the division assuming Miami cools down and has their usual late season swoon.

I don’t expect much from this team this year but I haven’t given up either. I’m hoping they turn it around but until I see it start to happen with my own eyes I’m not expecting it.

Lol I think you covered yourself from every angle there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I remember last offseason when @Einstein confessed to missing the drought because watching was more fun with zero expectations. People here clowned on him for it, but I totally got what he meant.

I’m sure if I saw it I agreed 100%. Fun when they over achieved. 

now, no matter what the cause is, everyone feels they are underachieving. 

my only thing on the qb Allen window anxiety thing is I don’t think good QBs are as hard to find in 2023 as they were during the drought. 

hell Stafford did it. Geno is probably playing well enough ffs

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Alright genius, so the Texans, who lost to the Panthers (their only win this year btw), falcons, and colts are light years ahead and running circles around the Bills like they are nothing. And the Browns….the browns? You mention cap issues for the Bills but completely ignore by far the worst contract in NFL history that will keep the Browns in cap hell for a while. 

It’s fine, just take the L on this one-you can admit you overreacted, everyone can see that already 

You get what you see with this squad.  There’s no magic switch that will get us through the gauntlet of games we have upcoming and a roster overhaul may be coming in the offseason.  Unfortunately, there actually are other teams that are better than us.  It’s ok, you can admit it.  Send me those rose colored glasses you’re wearing!

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure if I saw it I agreed 100%. Fun when they over achieved. 

now, no matter what the cause is, everyone feels they are underachieving. 

my only thing on the qb Allen window anxiety thing is I don’t think good QBs are as hard to find in 2023 as they were during the drought. 

hell Stafford did it. Geno is probably playing well enough ffs

Here's that thread:

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

This place is friggin hilarious and I love it. We haven’t even played Denver yet and the wheels have blown off TBD. So many of you flat out decompensating in real time.

You are in the Anger phase of the DABDA coping mechanism 

Expectations - Reality = Disappointment

Recalibrate your expectations and you’ll enjoy the rest of the season so much more. Currently, we are not a playoff team let alone a Super Bowl contender. There are NO teams we should blow out or boat race, every game is a fight to the finish from here on out. 

YET, we are 1 game out of the Division lead. Now I don’t even expect us to make the playoffs right now, but if somehow some way we put it together and win the next 2 games, anything can happen and we may take the division assuming Miami cools down and has their usual late season swoon.

I don’t expect much from this team this year but I haven’t given up either. I’m hoping they turn it around but until I see it start to happen with my own eyes I’m not expecting it.

actually im in the acceptance stage. doesnt mean I cant be jealous of good football.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I mean I have a feeling that if McDermott was starting a rookie Tommy Devito at QB the results of the game would greatly resemble that time he started a rookie Nathan Peterman at QB.

The real lesson is that Josh Allen is an all world QB who will make all coaches look better for playing for them. 

I have a feeling McD wouldn’t have the hubris to think he could get over with Tommy DeVito playing QB, and would make Beane find him someone else. 

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

We have the most predictable, vanilla offense in the league. Just the way our predictable, vanilla Head Coach wants it. 

There is zero evidence to suggest that McD wants a boring offense after what we saw from 2020-2022

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.