McDermott answers why we stopped uptempo offense

Einstein

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Does anybody have the clip? What was the question? We’re all raging about tweets that are designed to make you rage. 

Here you go.  It's near the end.  Question is from Jay Skurski I believe.

Edited by juno999

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

The reality is nobody knows. Is it McD dictating to Dorsey to protect his defense or is it Dorsey being incompetent. Either way it falls on the HC.  

If you listened to all the interviews it was clear he had no answers for Dorsey, and then he clearly got the answers and that is what people are reacting to in the tweets.  You have to listen to all the interviews and its pretty clear.  Especially if you listen to Dorseys too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just more confirmation that he is a dummy who cannot articulate an intelligent response to anything. Slogans, catchphrases, blaming others and claps are his go to moves. He is ***** clueless and often looks that way on the sideline.   He needs to be fired. I wanted him gone after he blamed others and offered no explanations for the 13 secs. debacle. He is not a good leader and is not smart enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

And how many times has this answer been given to McDermott throughout the season?  Because this movie has been played way too many times throughout the season. Either way it is inexcusable on both their parts regardless. 

If people want to be upset for allowing Dorsey this much input, not firing him, or what not, that is fair game.  But this quote...this is Dorseys reasoning, not McD's.  And personally it SHOULD be the reason Dorsey gets fired this week...but he likely won't unfortunately.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

So let me get this straight.  We score with ease the opening drive and then slow down the tempo and style to experiment with schemes.  This might explain why the offense at beginning of games are moving the ball, only to become stagnant for 2 1/2 quarters with three and outs. Then in the fourth quarter we go uptempo because we r behind and then by magic start moving the ball again and start scoring. Got it.  Genius.  And silly me thought you continue to use what works for you until the opposing team has adapted. If not you continue to exploit those weaknesses. SMH. No wonder this offense looks so bipolar.  Must be tough as a player to find any sort of rhythm sometimes. 

It's the McD way.....fix something that is NOT broken (up tempo successful first drive) with something that is not working (slow it down, complimentary mumbo jumbo) because he is smarter than anybody else.

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So many have it wrong in this thread...you guys realize that McD is giving you DORSEY's answer to why they didn't run the uptempo right?  

All this anger at McD over the answer is totally misguided.  Now if you want to be mad at McD for not yet firing Dorsey, then that is fair game.  But this answer everyone is so upset about is the answer Dorsey gave McD after they met and reviewed the game.  

FIRE DORSEY

McD is quoted “I’m doing everything that I can as a head coach to make sure that things are the way that I want them and expect them to be across all three phases"

Sorry, but McD has his role in this offensive catastrophe too.  The reason Daboll and McD hate each other is because McD tried to meddle with him and Daboll wouldn't listen.  Not saying Daboll is the greatest but he sure ran a hell of a lot more high powered offense than this crap.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If people want to be upset for allowing Dorsey this much input, not firing him, or what not, that is fair game.  But this quote...this is Dorseys reasoning, not McD's.  And personally it SHOULD be the reason Dorsey gets fired this week...but he likely won't unfortunately.  

The way this is answered indicates that McDermott is the one who is dictating the general direction of the Bills’ offense.

So no, you’ve got it totally wrong. McD wants to run HIS offense.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Just more confirmation that he is a dummy who cannot articulate an intelligent response to anything. Slogans, catchphrases, blaming others and claps are his go to moves. He is ***** clueless and often looks that way on the sideline.   He needs to be fired. I wanted him gone after he blamed others and offered no explanations for the 13 secs. debacle. He is not a good leader and is not smart enough.

Funny you say this because I have felt the same way throughout his tenure, only to remain silent as to not infuriate the message board 

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Who hired Dorsey, kept him, and keeps allowing that input? It's amazing what some of you guys do to skirt the responsibility from the guy who is responsible. You literally start out with that and then want him to be let off the hook for it. 

McD is the problem. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Who hired Dorsey, kept him, and keeps allowing that input? It's amazing what some of you guys do to skirt the responsibility from the guy who is responsible. 

McD is the problem. 

I mean you are literally replying to a comment where I literally said be upset with him for that lol.  Point is, this is Dorseys offensive philosophy and he needs to go.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

The way this is answered indicates that McDermott is the one who is dictating the general direction of the Bills’ offense.

So no, you’ve got it totally wrong. McD wants to run HIS offense.

I would recommend stop reading one tweet and go listen to all 3 full interviews...both of McD's and then Dorseys.  

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Who hired Dorsey, kept him, and keeps allowing that input? It's amazing what some of you guys do to skirt the responsibility from the guy who is responsible. You literally start out with that and then want him to be let off the hook for it. 

McD is the problem. 

He’s literally taking the fall for Dorsey’s failures, like a leader does

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean you are literally replying to a comment where I literally said be upset with him for that lol.  Point is, this is Dorseys offensive philosophy and he needs to go.  

But then you proceed to want to let him completely off the hook for it. That's what I'm pointing out. 

It's like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Jerry Seinfeld comes on and they're making fun of how people say something that's factual and then follow it up with "having said that" and say the complete opposite. That is exactly what you're doing. 

McDermott is the one who needs to go along with Dorsey. That's his guy and this went on for more than a season. It's the same nonsense where you guys would skirt responsibility with him and put it on Frasier. That was his guy and he had him stick around for years, and he had the power to step in and change anything he didn't like, just like he does with this offense or philosophy. 

It's such a joke how you guys will throw out all rationality when it comes to McDermott. He is the big problem here. We will never win a championship with him here. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I would have much preferred and likely  defended “The defense of as struggling after a few long drives in a row. We really wanted to give them some time to catch our breath, regroup, and come back out on the field fresh and strong”.

Why can’t he just say we nearly lost the TB game because our D was gassed?

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

He should, it's McD's own failure. He's not a martyr. He created this mess. 

The hire made all the sense in the world. Obviously it failed. Hopefully McD does the right thing and terminates him. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yes the giants are a model organization huh

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

But then you proceed to want to let him completely off the hook for it. That's what I'm pointing out. 

It's like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Jerry Seinfeld comes on and they're making fun of how people say something that's factual and then follow it up with "having said that" and say the complete opposite. That is exactly what you're doing. 

McDermott is the one who needs to go along with Dorsey. That's his guy and this went on for more than a season. It's the same nonsense where you guys would skirt responsibility with him and put it on Frasier. That was his guy and he had him stick around for years, and he had the power to step in and change anything he didn't like, just like he does with this offense or philosophy. 

It's such a joke how you guys will throw out all rationality when it comes to McDermott. He is the big problem here. We will never win a championship with him here. 

I didn't say anything of the sort, that may be your interpretation, but that is not what I said.  What I said was this is McD relaying the reasoning Dorsey had for not running the uptempo offense.

Dorsey runs the offense and calls the plays.  McD is not running the team, defense, and offense.  McD didn't know why we didn't run the uptempo until he spoke to Dorsey and he was given this answer by Dorsey.  

That is not a defense of McD, that is just correcting this misleading thread where it keeps getting repeated as if it was actually McD in game making those offensive decisions when it was not.  

Now if people want to be upset with McD for not firing Dorsey then fair game.  They want to be upset with McD for other reasons...fine.  But this typical "read a tweet" and not get all the info outrage is again inaccurate and the wrong guy is being slammed for it.  You want to be pissed off over the meat of the answer, then be pissed off at the actual guy who made that decision...Dorsey.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

The hire made all the sense in the world. Obviously it failed. Hopefully McD does the right thing and terminates him. 

Yes the giants are a model organization huh

If McD's doing the right thing, he'd resign. It's like you guys don't believe in responsibility for the Head Coach for when they not only hire the wrong guy, but keep him for another season and do absolutely nothing to change anything. There is no reason to trust McD to make the next hire. He is completely in over his head, you can see it right now. He doesn't have answers for anything, and then they stop doing the few things that actually work. It's complete madness and he's at the head of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toledo Bill said:

The players are going to quit on this guy.

Unbelievable.

Kinda looks like they already have.  Players only meetings generally aren’t ringing endorsements to the coaching staff.  If players feel they have to hold each other accountable bc the coaches aren’t doing it effectively, it had better work and quick or the coaches will be done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

If McD's doing the right thing, he'd resign. It's like you guys don't believe in responsibility for the Head Coach for when they not only hire the wrong guy, but keep him for another season and do absolutely nothing to change anything. There is no reason to trust McD to make the next hire. He is completely in over his head, you can see it right now. He doesn't have answers for anything, and then they stop doing the few things that actually work. It's complete madness and he's at the head of it. 

Mark my words, we fire McD we won’t sniff the same amount of success for the rest of Josh’s career.

Im not going to throw away one of the winningest coaches this shite franchise has ever seen after a down season. No way. 

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.