Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

That was an absolute classic smack the back your head on the ground at full speed concussion look as well.

The ref did talk to him for a second to check the response (I've been noticing that a lot more lately) but those guys are neither trained nor have time to really check a guys eyes when they're trying to run a game.

I thought that too. 

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

“WHAT A BUM”

”TURNOVER MACHINE”

”YOU TAKE THE GOOD PATRICK WITH THE BAD PATRICK”

”HE’S MID-TIER AT BEST”

”LITERALLY GAVE THE GAME AWAY”

”GARBAGE PLAYER, GARBAGE TEAM!”

…am I doing this right? Just following what some

people said about Josh

Somehow hits different when there’s hardware involved. Both team’s and individual’s. 

39 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Even if Bills are not Bills are not no. 1, it would be still great if Chiefs were neither. Let that be someone else for a change.

It was in 2020 when the Titans got the 1 seed, and KC still ended up hosting the AFC championship.

Just now, mannc said:

Should be a touchdown…Mooney was untouched.  Of course the clueless announcers don’t mention it.

Officiating is absolutely terrible, and the league covers for it at every juncture. I hate when they bring the retired refs on the broadcast to agree with whatever ludicrous decision the officials just made.

• Agree 2

Just now, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Officiating is absolutely terrible, and the league covers for it at every juncture. I hate when they bring the retired refs on the broadcast to agree with whatever ludicrous decision the officials just made.

Bears got screwed out of seven points 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

That was an absolute classic smack the back your head on the ground at full speed concussion look as well.

The ref did talk to him for a second to check the response (I've been noticing that a lot more lately) but those guys are neither trained nor have time to really check a guys eyes when they're trying to run a game.

His coach should have known better.  No reason to send him back out just to be hit again on the next play.  The kid was off all game, and then he smacks his head again. 

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So……..who do we want?

Quite honestly, all scenarios aside, I cannot bring myself to root for Miami.  Ever.

You think their fans are full of it now, if they beat the Chiefs it's gonna go to a whole new level.  Chiefs fans won't change, win or lose.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

if you bet on point totals of Jets/Giants, you were clearing seeking punishment.

I didn't bet the game but I had a lot more punishment-I went to the game.  It rained all game, I got soaked and the game was too close to leave and then they tortured us with overtime.  2 of the worst QBing I've seen and I've seen Gary Marangi's Bills days & the Nathan Peterman's LA Chargers game.  I had to take a hot shower after the game and get into some dry clothes-it's a good thing I'm staying in NJ and didn't have to drive back to Albany.  I had a rain pancho and a vinyl exterior coat & that didn't help.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I didn't bet the game but I had a lot more punishment-I went to the game.  It rained all game, I got soaked and the game was too close to leave and then they tortured us with overtime.  2 of the worst QBing I've seen and I've seen Gary Marangi's Bills days & the Nathan Peterman's LA Chargers game.  I had to take a hot shower after the game and get into some dry clothes-it's a good thing I'm staying in NJ and didn't have to drive back to Albany.  I had a rain pancho and a vinyl exterior coat & that didn't help.  

Glad you're back safe and sound and all warmed up.  God bless you for enduring that horror.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Still bad to me. I watched the Dolphins/Pats game and just couldn’t believe Bills made Mac Jones looked like a competent qb. He really isn’t at all. 

NE had a good plan and we got off to a really bad/slow start with the pick on the very first offensive posession.

Dorsey needs to stop overthinking goal line scenarios and get away from gun down there when it is a few feet or inches to go.

McD was leaning into Williams at LB and Darth Hoody took the rookie to school which opened things up for Mac in the middle. That is why he got benched that game.

He is a rook and needs more time to bake, more reps sprinkled in to learn his assignments in this defense.

You see them using Dodson a bit more on early or short yardage downs for his experience and what he does well - defending the run. They are using Poyer in the LB role on down and distance - passing downs with Rapp backing his S role.

This is the bandaid solution they have for the experienced read and react loss of Milano

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

NFL gets the networks to pay the salaries of lackeys. Win/win

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.