Matt Milano injury

AZSanta

On 11/17/2023 at 12:22 PM, Success said:

I feel a little less urgency about getting either or both back.  Linval Joseph was a great pickup.  Bernard is playing very well, and Williams is starting to emerge.  We can have a strong D without getting Jones or Milano back. 

Still hoping, of course.

It’s no coincidence Joesph signing and Bernard/Williams playing great. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

The dude broke his leg. If we get to the playoffs, I don't see how he can't play in some capacity. I don't expect to see him in the regular season but a fractured leg by playoff time should be healed enough for him to at least have a shot

Yeah. I'm no doctor so I always thought a broken bone was 6-8 weeks, but then considering what bone probably has to matter on top of PT so idk. 

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Why have they been so tight lipped with Milano a injury?

any chance he and D Jones are back??

It sounds like Jones will be back in a week or two.

As for Milano, McD said he didn't think he was going to be back this year, but still, it's pretty weird that he hasn't been officially ruled out for the year and there is still some uncertainty as to what exactly his injury was. To me that makes it seem like there is still an outside shot that he does return, although it would possibly be for something as late as the AFCCG or the Super Bowl.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

As for Milano, McD said he didn't think he was going to be back this year, but still, it's pretty weird that he hasn't been officially ruled out for the year and there is still some uncertainty as to what exactly his injury was. To me that makes it seem like there is still an outside shot that he does return, although it would possibly be for something as late as the AFCCG or the Super Bowl.

he is their secret weapon 

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

This year is over in about 2.5 weeks. 

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Wait, who exactly gets to be his FWB now??

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Why have they been so tight lipped with Milano a injury?

any chance he and D Jones are back??

Ooh is that a mullet he's sporting?!?!?!:wub:

11 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I'm a bit worried about this picture.

It looks like there is a bit of a mullet growing out.

I'm thinking that Milano may be coming back as a hockey enforcer.

My eyes did not deceive me!!!🤤

31 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I'm a bit worried about this picture.

It looks like there is a bit of a mullet growing out.

I'm thinking that Milano may be coming back as a hockey enforcer.

He's going to show up for the AFC Championship or Super Bowl like the other Bash Brother in the Mighty Ducks.

3 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Has there been any report of this?

Listening to Browny & Tasker they said he was on the sideline during the Dallas game . I didn't see him on the broadcast which you would have thought if he was there they would have said something to that effect but i must have missed it if they did .

It sure would be nice to see him out there causing havoc on the field the way he usually does . 

If they do bring Daquan back will he be playing at the same level he was before his injury ? And who will they have to sit down if he does come back ?

If McD has the defense playing like they did this game i'm not sure that changing things may be for the better but if Daquan is a full go can't hurt to get him out there & see what he can do .

Sounds to me like they have given up on the idea of Milano returning this year. Which probably is the sensible long term decision. Also gotta say if  you told me pre-season Dodson and Bernard were it at linebacker I'd have said we are in serious trouble. Props to both and to Bobby Babich. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 6

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sounds to me like they have given up on the idea of Milano returning this year. Which probably is the sensible long term decision. Also gotta say if  you told me pre-season Dodson and Bernard were it at linebacker I'd have said we are in serious trouble. Props to both and to Bobby Babich. 

Milano is so valuable that maybe they are saving him for the Super Bowl. We will know by the divisional round when they activate his 21 day practice window 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bobby Babich for Defensive Coordinator ‘24

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Bobby Babich for Defensive Coordinator ‘24

Yea, I am not as strident as I was on "McDermott must not be DC in 2024" a couple of weeks ago, but conscious that could be recency bias too. But Bobby is gonna get a shot sooner or later in this league. He has the pedigree and contacts of his dad's time in the league and his work as safeties coach and then linebackers coach for the Bills has been stellar. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea, I am not as strident as I was on "McDermott must not be DC in 2024" a couple of weeks ago, but conscious that could be recency bias too. But Bobby is gonna get a shot sooner or later in this league. He has the pedigree and contacts of his dad's time in the league and his work as safeties coach and then linebackers coach for the Bills has been stellar. 

Agreed. It likely will not be this year, but we’ll lose him if we don’t elevate him some time soon. A scenario where Babich has the title and McDermott calls the plays works for me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Agreed. It likely will not be this year, but we’ll lose him if we don’t elevate him some time soon. A scenario where Babich has the title and McDermott calls the plays works for me. 

Yea that is an option for them. Though I think he'd still then be hireable on a level transfer by a team who wanted to make him a playcalling DC by the rules....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.