TB @ Buffalo Game thread - 1st Half

Simon

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

it was a good play by the DB.  He made a similar side arm throw the other week.  He could have grounded it, but give the DB credit.

I think it was actually a set play. Play action, naked bootleg, throw it around the DB and Kincaid is wide open.

DB made a great play, usually Allen can make that guy miss or throw around it.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The big question is why did our moronic coach call a timeout so early?

Is this a serious question?  He didn’t want to let Tampa try a FG without risking giving the Bills the ball at midfield with time on the clock.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

To give Tampa time to set up their field goal.😳

No, it’s to make it a risk for them to kick it.  They miss w 16 seconds on the clock, Bills get it there w 2 time outs.   If it’s just running down, snap it at 3 seconds, no risk if they miss, so essentially you give them a free opportunity to take points with no risk. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Some of the worst offenses in football not marching up and down the field in back to back to back weeks.  They blew contain on a screen pass for big yardage the first play when the bucs took over after the int lol. It’s just a guaranteed td when a bad opposing offense hits the 23? Something is very wrong with your defense if that’s the case 

The Bucs have 1 TD than they only got because we turned the ball over on our own 25 yard line. 

They really have to clean up the missed tackles, but they haven't been our biggest problem recently.

12 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Okay.... I don't understand why people are mad.

Bills don't call a TO then the Bucs snap the ball at 3 and get a no risk FG attempt.

Bills call a TO and then the Bucs have to decide if it is woryh the risk. They miss and the Bills have it at the Bills 49. One play and they'll be in FG range

Agree. These guys are dumb.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The gameday thread is all massive overreactions without taking a moment to think about things haha 

Most accurate post of the night.

Get outta here with all that reasoning and logic! Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

And there is it. Another brainiac reporter saying with Josh you get the good and the bad. Oh and Diggs is gonna be complaining in the locker room for the ball. 
these people make me sick. 

Why would diggs complain he’s having a career year…these analysts negative hot takes don’t even make sense anymore 

1 minute ago, BillsClinton said:

Can anyone summarize Fitz's analysis? Missed it.

Talked about the shotgun run at the goal line and calling a roll out pass for Josh just after he came out of the tent that led to the interception as two examples of what Bills fans are frustrated about. Clearly he was questioning Dorsey.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsClinton said:

Can anyone summarize Fitz's analysis? Missed it.

Dumb frustrating shotgun 3rd and goal run. Instead of

josh qb sneak

coming out of the blue tent- the first play I don’t want to run is a rollout pass

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

See above. TB was gonna run it down and kick the FG

I really think they were planning to run down the clock and then punt just like they did. They were scrambling around all Confused on personnel.  I feel like McD gave them time to figure it out. Even if we got the ball back with 19 seconds what would we have done? Really?

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

Give me a break. The defender was right in front of him. Throw it the other direction, take the sack, or try to evade the rusher. Don't throw it right at him. 

Josh isn't perfect, guys. He does make mistakes. 

Never said he was perfect, but that wasn’t the play to criticize him on.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, balln said:

Dumb frustrating shotgun 3rd and goal run. Instead of

josh qb sneak

coming out of the blue tent- the first play I don’t want to run is a rollout pass

I mean he got injured on a prior scramble on that same drive where everyone is wishing we snuck it?  But we’re mad about a naked bootleg?  There’s not a whole lot of consistency around these parts 

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry guys, I have to use my computer for the stream, which is about 90 seconds behind.  Loved Tupac with the Angry Run, that one got me off the couch.  Dorsey with a dumbass call on 2nd and inches from the goal line.  McDummy again with mystifyingly stupid clock management before the half.  Should have called TO instead of letting 14 secs run off the clock.  Josh would have had time with 2 TO's to drive into FG range.  Our coaching staff is killing us.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Sorry guys, I have to use my computer for the stream, which is about 90 seconds behind.  Loved Tupac with the Angry Run, that one got me off the couch.  Dorsey with a dumbass call on 2nd and inches from the goal line.  McDummy again with mystifyingly stupid clock management before the half.  Should have called TO instead of letting 14 secs run off the clock.  Josh would have had time with 2 TO's to drive into FG range.  Our coaching staff is killing us.

The timeout was brilliant…this board is blowing my mind tonight lol tb wanted to kick the fg with time expiring…we wanted a chance at 1-2 plays and a fg.  If you call the timeout too early, you give TB a chance to go for it there and get a shorter look at a fg or multiple shots at the end zone 

there’s a lot of accurate criticisms out there, but I think the party is over for all of the troll-ier fans out there on our board haha 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean he got injured on a prior scramble on that same drive where everyone is wishing we snuck it?  But we’re mad about a naked bootleg?  There’s not a whole lot of consistency around these parts 

That’s what fitz said 

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The timeout was brilliant…this board is blowing my mind tonight lol tb wanted to kick the fg with time expiring…we wanted a chance at 1-2 plays and a fg.  If you call the timeout too early, you give TB a chance to go for it there and get a shorter look at a fg or multiple shots at the end zone 

there’s a lot of accurate criticisms out there, but I think the party is over for all of the troll-ier fans out there on our board haha 

Fine, let them go for it with no TO's remaining.  I'm trying to save time for Josh to put points on the board.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.