Which Player Would You Want In A Trade?

Milanos Milano

Who would you rather have?   

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player?

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Leaning Henry because he’s more of a unique threat

I would fully be happy with either, but the reason why I choose Henry is because I feel like that would put a stop to teams playing 2 high safeties. We still have Cook, so we could play more 2 RB sets with Knox out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Give me Henry. Put Allen under center and run more 2 RB sets and Kincaid as the TE, 2 WRs. 

Fake the hand off to Henry and send Cook out into the flat and give him some space to run. So many better plays could be designed with both in the backfield. 

They don't even try this with Murray/Harris. I've been advocating for your concept. I'd even like to see a FB lead block for Cook. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I say DHop. The Bills need a #2WR. Somebody to go to when teams try to take Diggs out of the picture. 

As much as I want Hopkins, I think Henry makes us a more dangerous team. Why? Because it immediately keeps teams away from playing 2 high safeties, AND a big AND it allows us to get Cook out in space a lot more because Henry is a very capable blocker and decoy at times and vice versa. More 2 RB sets makes us dangerous as it makes teams play us both ways. 

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They don't even try this with Murray/Harris. I've been advocating for your concept. I'd even like to see a FB lead block for Cook. 

Murray/Harris are no Henry. But you are right, our coaches are to dumb to try creativity and varying formations. 

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

As much as I want Hopkins, I think Henry makes us a more dangerous team. Why? Because it immediately keeps teams away from playing 2 high safeties, AND a big AND it allows us to get Cook out in space a lot more because Henry is a very capable blocker and decoy at times and vice versa. More 2 RB sets makes us dangerous as it makes teams play us both ways. 

Problem with that is you’d have to convince Dorsey to actually utilize a weapon that we went out of our way to pick up for the offense. Not likely. 

however, McDermott and his ultra conservative, run first and play good defense might make Dorsey do it. 

Screw it. Let’s get all the RBs. 

I honestly don't think Dorsey would hand the ball to King Henry. Sometimes I think Dorsey is living vicariously through Josh Allen. 😎

If being forced to choose between DHOP and Henry, I would have taken DHOP during the offseason, but now I would take Henry.  I don't know that DHOP changes the offense much, this is a complicated offense and it would be the 3rd offense in a year he has had to learn.  Takes time to build rapport and trust with a QB, so coming in mid season I don't know how much impact he makes compared to if he had been here the whole camp.

Henry coming in as a RB is a much easier integration and I think Henry impacts everyone else by opening up the field more too as they will have to respect the run. 

More importantly, I don't trust Dorsey to find ways to get DHOP the ball where as Henry you just hand it to him.  So I am leaning Henry, although I wouldn't be against DHOP either.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I honestly don't think Dorsey would hand the ball to King Henry. Sometimes I think Dorsey is living vicariously through Josh Allen. 😎

Dorsey better try something new or he will be looking for a different job. What he has been doing isn’t working. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If being forced to choose between DHOP and Henry, I would have taken DHOP during the offseason, but now I would take Henry.  I don't know that DHOP changes the offense much, this is a complicated offense and it would be the 3rd offense in a year he has had to learn.  Takes time to build rapport and trust with a QB, so coming in mid season I don't know how much impact he makes compared to if he had been here the whole camp.

Henry coming in as a RB is a much easier integration and I think Henry impacts everyone else by opening up the field more too as they will have to respect the run. 

More importantly, I don't trust Dorsey to find ways to get DHOP the ball where as Henry you just hand it to him.  So I am leaning Henry, although I wouldn't be against DHOP either.  

This is pretty much how I feel. I won’t complain with either player if we were to trade for them. 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

Problem with that is you’d have to convince Dorsey to actually utilize a weapon that we went out of our way to pick up for the offense. Not likely. 

however, McDermott and his ultra conservative, run first and play good defense might make Dorsey do it. 

Screw it. Let’s get all the RBs. 

Imagine it’s January and it’s snowing hard and 4” of snow on the field. Who is stopping Derrick Henry in a snowstorm? 

• Like (+1) 1

It's Hopkins. Doubly so because he would just cost a million for the rest of the year with nothing guaranteed after.

Henry would cost 6.3 for the rest of the season. That's a lot for 10 games of a RB and we don't have it. Even after the Dion Dawkins restructure, we only have 5.2.

Hopkins is doable. Henry not so much. We'd have to find more money somewhere to cover not only the difference in his contract, but more for emergencies along the way for the rest of the season.

If we make another Dawkins like move, maybe. But until then, I wouldn't get my hopes up over Vegas Odds.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Adams would be another acceptable trade IMO. However the reason why I didn’t include him is because he would cost more than Henry or Hopkins for this year. We would have to restructure a few more times to fit him. 

The good thing and the point of Adams would mean we have our 1a and 1b WRs moving forward for years in Adams and Diggs. 

how to get it under the cap? That’s the other story. But I wonder what including Davis in the trade would do. As well as another player or 2 that might be worth something to the Raiders. Maybe Elam, Epenesa

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

The good thing and the point of Adams would mean we have our 1a and 1b WRs moving forward for years in Adams and Diggs. 

how to get it under the cap? That’s the other story. But I wonder what including Davis in the trade would do. As well as another player or 2 that might be worth something to the Raiders. Maybe Elam, Epenesa

I can’t even imagine having Adams and Diggs on this team. Talk about unfair. But i agree, i do think 1B is something we need. But Henry might be the only RB i would want right now simply due to his physical command and to keep teams from playing 2 high safeties. I would be ecstatic with Hopkins or whatever decent. 

I can’t even imagine having Adams and Diggs on this team. Talk about unfair. But i agree, i do think 1B is something we need. But Henry might be the only RB i would want right now simply due to his physical command and to keep teams from playing 2 high safeties. I would be ecstatic with Hopkins or whatever decent. 

I don’t think RB is the answer. I get your idea. But I want more Allen and less running the ball. Taking the ball out of your superstars hands is not a positive imo. He could drop back and decide to throw it or run it himself 100% of the time and I would be fine with it. 

I do not hate the idea that you propose. I don’t think they do it though. 

I’ll say this, if they lose this game this Thursday against the Bucs, they might as well be sellers and not buyers. 

Probably neither. This team is not winning a SB this year. Those dreams died in London and Beane knows it. It’ll be the Swiftie Bowl. With that in mind, I would want to add a younger player that the Bills could sign long-term and let Davis walk. You gotta look at other teams draft disappointments that you think playing with a better QB could fix. Maybe someone like Dodson? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why not both?

• Like (+1) 1

If I can only pick one I'd go with Hopkins, but overall, my first choice is a DT-1/ nose tackle.  IMO that hurts them the most as also exposes Williams and Bernard more.  Getting a good DT-1 makes LP play much stronger in the process.

The Bills are a pass first team so don't see the value in Henry and will Allen really pass it much to Hopkins or is everythign still going to go through Diggs?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.