Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If the Bills D looks lost against the Pats they'll look lost against anyone.

They probably overlooked the Pats figuring the could just show up and win.. which they almost did.  The Bills are a very very good team that got cocky and lost. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

I mean there has to be a coach who can find a happy medium between running Josh headfirst into danger and calling the same shotgun draw that doesn't work multiple times a game.

But yeah, coaching "the dawg" out of Allen honestly I think is a huge part of this team's regression. If you take the fire out of your team's heart and soul, you probably aren't getting very far off the remaining embers.

It’s nauseating. They’re trying to make him Rob Johnson. That’s just not him, he’s not a cerebral assassin, he’s a big goofy golden retriever who can maul you

• Agree 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

They probably overlooked the Pats figuring the could just show up and win.. which they almost did.  The Bills are a very very good team that got cocky and lost. 

They shouldn't have been cocky in that final drive. They shouldn't have been cocky from the off considering the mess they almost made of the Giants game.

Losing to the Pats - it just kills me.  This one will take some time.

(sigh)  I'm not giving up on the season.  We dug a hole, we're missing some really key guys, and we do not look good.  

But I'm old enough to remember that a lot of teams who ended up winning titles started out pretty bad or mediocre.  Playing well in December & January is what counts.  We have the talent. The coaching has to improve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

This has nothing to do with looking ahead or being cocky thinking they can just show up.  This team is bad.  Dorsey isn't it.  Our O has no identity.  They coached Josh out of Josh.  This team has been bad for 3 weeks now.  We just got lucky last week.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol no. The Jets can’t draft a QB and they have maybe 1 year with a healthy Rogers. Miami will fall back to Earth once Hill retires in a couple years. 

The Bills D is hurt and the pass rush isn’t there.  As I said before the Bills O issue IMO is relying on Diggs too much. The Pats were giving the Bills the TE open all game and they just didn’t take it enough. 

I won’t be shocked if the Bills rebound and rattle off 5 victories in a row. 

I would prefer to trade Diggs and tank the season. The current Jets team with Rodgers out is similar to the Pats but the Jets have a better roster and defense. Jets are also in QB purgatory without Rodgers.

Just now, Success said:

Losing to the Pats - it just kills me.  This one will take some time.

(sigh)  I'm not giving up on the season.  We dug a hole, we're missing some really key guys, and we do not look good.  

But I'm old enough to remember that a lot of teams who ended up winning titles started out pretty bad or mediocre.  Playing well in December & January is what counts.  We have the talent. The coaching has to improve.

Got to get to January first. Looks less likely tonight.

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

THANK YOU. We've given unlimited resources to a terrible scheme and coach, and people blame Allen every week for the fact that the scraps after Diggs can never win one on one. Or the fact that he instantly has to move every other play

It's exhausting to read every week, and making me just want to steer clear of the boards for now. It's low hanging fruit at this point, to keep blaming Josh. I feel like our offense has ZERO identity, and gets by on sheer talent, but that comes back to bite them a lot of times as well. I could say a lot about the offense, or Dorsey, but good god, no need to since it is all we hear about.

Sorry, but when the offense has a few drives and scores and gives us hope, or a lead FINALLY, having the defense get eaten alive is a whole new level of aggravation, and I am so tired of them not coming through when we need them the most. I get there have been times/games where the defense played lights out, and we needed the offense to help them out, and maybe they didn't, but this needs to go both ways. We finally got the lead after a very long and draining game, and they let a terrible offense(with some help from the refs) just march down the field with ease. Not even held them to a field goal, but a freaking touchdown. Gross.

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

It’s nauseating. They’re trying to make him Rob Johnson. That’s just not him, he’s not a cerebral assassin, he’s a big goofy golden retriever who can maul you

The worst coaches try and shoe-horn a player into their vision, their scheme, or their preference.

The best coaches take what a player does well and maximize it to the utmost potential.

When I watch this team, most of what I see is the latter. And not just regarding Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The guys on WGR just said it best. You are ahead and needed 1 stop to beat a team that was shut out at home by the saints two weeks ago 34-0

Our defense is SLOW and not physical.  Especially when missing Milano, Tre, Jones and Ed.

Micah still has a little juice left.  But this secondary is running on fumes in general; Taron is our best player as of now and still isn't reliable to win 1-1 consistently.

Not to mention, our offense lost its "mojo".  We are trying to become a ball control/balanced attack; this just isn't going to work when we need 10+ play drives.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills are not a good team? No HC, no OC, average/bad Oline, no weapons outside Diggs, depth is very bad too. I know this team as it is built right now has no chance at a SB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

The worst coaches try and shoe-horn a player into their vision, their scheme, or their preference.

The best coaches take what a player does well and maximize it to the utmost potential.

When I watch this team, most of what I see is the latter. And not just regarding Josh.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if Josh is bored now though. Feels like they've taken the fun away from his game and have tried to turn him into something he's not. When they have to run quick offense, they look so much better.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

It's exhausting to read every week, and making me just want to steer clear of the boards for now. It's low hanging fruit at this point, to keep blaming Josh. I feel like our offense has ZERO identity, and gets by on sheer talent, but that comes back to bite them a lot of times as well. I could say a lot about the offense, or Dorsey, but good god, no need to since it is all we hear about.

Sorry, but when the offense has a few drives and scores and gives us hope, or a lead FINALLY, having the defense get eaten alive is a whole new level of aggravation, and I am so tired of them not coming through when we need them the most. I get there have been times/games where the defense played lights out, and we needed the offense to help them out, and maybe they didn't, but this needs to go both ways. We finally got the lead after a very long and draining game, and they let a terrible offense(with some help from the refs) just march down the field with ease. Not even held them to a field goal, but a freaking touchdown. Gross.

The defense has never really been good, it's built to stop the pass, so it's best weapon has always been quick starts by Josh. Give them a lead, make an offense one dimensional and they can look great. But they lack size, physicality and a coach who can adjust accordingly. But I'm sure we'll spend even more cap dollars on it this off-season. What could go wrong?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, par73 said:

Allen needs to go back to running the ball. It was the biggest offensive threat they had, other than Diggs.

So sad we have to even say this(and I agree). We could have, I don't know, maybe gotten him some better weapons in the offseason? Maybe a legit WR2? Beane sat on his hands, Stefon came into camp disgruntled(quite possibly because of how the offense is being run these days) and here we are.

Just unreal.

I have been one of Brandon Beanes biggest fangirls, but I am super salty with how he handled the off season, and feel like it's biting us in the ass.

• Like (+1) 2

Have to laugh at the McD presser.  Basically D needs to get off the field and O needs to stay on.  "Complimentary football".  Thanks for pointing out the basic rules of how football works, buddy.  Loser.

Also said he has all the confidence in Dorsey...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, phypon said:

Have to laugh at the McD presser.  Basically D needs to get off the field and O needs to stay on.  "Complimentary football".  Thanks for pointing out the basic rules of how football works, buddy.  Loser.

He couldn't say anything to make anyone happy at this point. I would fire him and the entire staff. They are constantly unprepared. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The most annoying thing is the offense suddenly clicked into gear with fast, no huddle play in the fourth. Where was that for the rest of the game?

Is the offense being neutered to try and protect the defense? The best thing to do at the moment, if so, is to try and win shootouts.

I think Josh was calling those plays. Probably why they worked.😅

10 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Maybe cuz we've already lost at least 2 of those 5 teams?

I get where you're coming from but c'mon... those Jets and Jags games were hardly convincing wins, at least to me.

The Jets have a great defense but I expect a different outcome in the rematch.  If you think the Jags are better after that London crap, where the opponent got a home game (despite the pumped in noise) and we lost a couple of star players early, we'll just have to agree to disagree.  They're good and playing solid ball right now, but what will anyone say if they lose four of their next six?  Could happen.

I like our team.  They aren't World beaters right now, but I'm so happy to have a QB that gives us a chance to win every week.  On top of that, we've got Diggs, Kincaid (please use him more), and Cook.  The team is going through a tough stretch right now, on that we agree.  I just think this league is so week to week, we shouldn't be on the ledge just yet.

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Ah the joys of having a defensive minded coach.

Just trade Josh and Diggs to a team with an offensive head coach and let them flourish. I hate seeing them being wasted here. Stefon turns 30 in December and I feel so bad for the guy. He deserves better than this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

It’s easy. An offense can’t be a dud every 1Q and 2Q. that’s on the coach and how he gets output because 3Q and 4Q is there. 

Looks to me like when they go hurry up in crunch time Allen is at his best and the offense is very effective.  Throw Dorsey's play sheet and game plan out the window and go full street ball on the defense.  Less thinking, more results.  Whatever plan the OC is trying to do early, the last 3 games say throw it in the trash.

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Goodbye Dorsey. 

IMG_9994.jpeg

IMG_9995.jpeg

IMG_9996.jpeg

6 first half points against two of the worst teams in football with one of the top elite QB's in the game.

At some point we're just gonna have to admit Dorsey wasn't ready for this gig. It happens, but if we don't make a change before it's too late we'll just be squandering more of Josh's prime years.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.