Caleb Williams demanding part ownership

CDogg20

Per reports, Caleb Williams is demanding part ownership of whatever team that drafts him. I wanna hear what my favorite people gave to say about this!

Personally I think this could potentially destroy his draft stock unless he backs off of it. Absolutely ludacris to think that much of yourself

Edited by CDogg20
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

• CDogg20 changed the title to Caleb Williams demanding part ownership
1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If I was a GM, I’d take him off my board. What an entitled clown. I bet the guy is a massive bust

Hes super talented but that aside I agree I take him off my board. Diva, clown etc not worth the trouble

• Like (+1) 5

If this is somehow real, and he's somehow saying that he won't play without this then there will just be a spectacular game of chicken wherever he gets drafted because of it.

I was going to say that it'd either be that or no one would draft him but then I thought no, what the ***** is he going to do, the team might get screwed but they can still wait him out.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 5

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Let’s see him have a meltdown in the “green room”  when he’s not picked in the 1st round🤣

🤣 he messed with big money, unless he fires his agent and says that was his idea not mine, he honestly might not go until day 3

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If I was a scout / GM….this immediately makes me question if he really loves football or will get his $$$ and then TANK. It happens to many, especially high profile college QB’s

An absolutely excellent talent but yes it makes me question his love of the game. The greats have built their net worth then invested. Speaks to the entitlement of this generation IMO

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

Well, he's not the first to ask this. Aaron asked this from the Jets. The Jets didn't say no. The NFL League Office did. 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3489672/caleb-williams-reportedly-wants-partial-ownership-of-whatever-nfl-team-drafts-him

They probably don't want to complicate the salary cap calculation.

Just now, Draconator said:

Well, he's not the first to ask this. Aaron asked this from the Jets. The Jets didn't say no. The NFL League Office did. 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3489672/caleb-williams-reportedly-wants-partial-ownership-of-whatever-nfl-team-drafts-him

Aaron is an established talent, one of the best of all time. Caleb hasnt proved jack ish in the pros two totally different circumstances 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Drake Maye is the better prospect anyways.

You never know how 21-year-old kids will develop

But not one GM will take Drake Maye over Caleb Williams

I've watched their entire careers for both of them... Maye is closer to a Herbert rn while Caleb can be a mahomes Josh Allen type 

He's 6'2 220 in the right places ... Can extend a play for 10 seconds with a laser beam

Drake Maye is a top 5 pick.. I've never heard of any of these rumors about Caleb but he's the #1 whenever he leaves 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

You will never know the answer to a question you never ask…

or in sport terms

You miss 100% of the shots you never take!    Wayne Gretzky

Can’t blame a guy for trying IMO

Buttttt could cost himself millions down the line. He’s essentially banking on himself becoming a goat. Love the confidence but damn slow down kid 🤣

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've watched their entire careers for both of them... Maye is closer to a Herbert rn while Caleb can be a mahomes Josh Allen type 

He's 6'3 225 in the right places ... Can extend a play for 10 seconds with a laser beam

Drake Maye is a top 5 pick.. I've never heard of any of these rumors about Caleb but he's the #1 whenever he leaves 

Sherbert is a Josh Allen type bro

18 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Sherbert is a Josh Allen type bro

Herbert is Josh Allen light 

Going back to Oregon he never had the killer instinct

They are not the same guy... 

They might be the same height and weight or close to it... But there arm strength , athleticism, and will the win do not come through the same on the football field

Caleb might be shorter at 6'2 ish.. But he's thick...A cannon, can extend the play inside or outside the pocket ... Throws on the run and is an A+ creator

Allen and mahomes are all pros who are A+ at creating... Crafty with big arms... Can move inside or outside the pocket and throw on run 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's 6'3 225 in the right places ... Can extend a play for 10 seconds with a laser beam

A lot can happen from now till April.

Williams wasn’t too hot against Notre Dame.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CDogg20 said:

Buttttt could cost himself millions down the line. He’s essentially banking on himself becoming a goat. Love the confidence but damn slow down kid 🤣

Confident people bet on themselves before others.    

While I do not see this effort being successful against the juggernaut of NFL owners I do like the fact that there are still those out there that question “what if” and follow through when they believe strongly enough that status quo isn’t necessarily good enough.   

Not sure it’s even possible to do it with cap complications. But I would love to see the owners of the league blackball him because of this BS. Demands like this, if something were ever done with it will end up ruining the game. Just like how the first round picks always held out after the draft with their contract negotiations. Hasn’t been a thing for years. I don’t think the owners want anything to do with stuff like this. But you may get some loser team without a QB that gets super desperate. 

• Agree 1

Ultimately, I think Williams biggest fear is that he falls into a terrible situation. When you get selected number one, that's often what happens. That's the luck of the draw, but we've seen guys like Joe Burrow and Josh Allen turn around their teams relatively quickly. I guess Williams wants to jump to the front of the line. This is only the tip of the iceberg. He's playing a risky game. Either teams fall at his feet, and he looks like a genius, or he ends up tanking his draft stock. Even if that happens, it could still be a win because he'd likely find himself in a better situation. This should be fun.

There is difference between being on a gutter team and one which had been to playoffs previous year.

I think Goodell will save the owners and get rule passed that no active player can be a partial owner of team and no draft pick can be promised partial ownership of team post career.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

A lot can happen from now till April.

Williams wasn’t too hot against Notre Dame.

Football's a team game... Peyton Manning never beat Florida

Notre Dame is a terrible matchup for USC who is overrated

It's Caleb Williams and nothing on defense... Oklahoma got better in the long run losing Lincoln Riley and Caleb

Because now they have a defense

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If this is somehow real, and he's somehow saying that he won't play without this then there will just be a spectacular game of chicken wherever he gets drafted because of it.

I was going to say that it'd either be that or no one would draft him but then I thought no, what the ***** is he going to do, the team might get screwed but they can still wait him out.

Maybe it's a move to go undrafted and then he gets to be a Free Agent and have some say in where he starts his career. Might cost him some money upfront, but its all about the 2nd contract anyways. Look at Purdy.

Just now, Iverwig said:

It won’t happen but the real problem is his dad. His dad has always been the straw that stirs him.  

Ball family of the NFL? I’d like to know more 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe it's a move to go undrafted and then he gets to be a Free Agent and have some say in where he starts his career. Might cost him some money upfront, but its all about the 2nd contract anyways. Look at Purdy.

Super interesting take, great theory but banking on health and play is a hugeeeee risk

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CDogg20 said:

Ball family of the NFL? I’d like to know more 

Super interesting take, great theory but banking on health and play is a hugeeeee risk

I wouldn’t say they are like the Ball family but his dad usually called the shots for him going back to High School. You could see it being a problem when he was being recruited out of high school. 

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But that would never happen, I thought that for a minute and realized it would never work, someone would still take a shot at him in the 7th if nothing else, then what he holds out for a year goes back to the draft and see how much that raised his stock?

Edited by Warcodered

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m so glad everyone in this thread isn’t jumping to conclusions so incredibly fast without actually knowing if it’s true or not!!!

Sounds true:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-rodgers-caleb-williams-were-among-the-players-jostling-for-equity

"Per multiple sources, the representatives of USC quarterback Caleb Williams had been making it known to prospective agents that Williams wants partial ownership of the team that selects him in 2024, if he declares for the draft."

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.