Frank Clark...of interest?

beebe

If the Bills could have gotten him by sending a late round pick next year (or even maybe the year after) but didn't then they are not in any way interested. If a late round pick couldn't have gotten it done even if they tried then maybe his release was part of the deal that saw him agree to reduce his compensation (and cost to Denver) to facilitate his going to a specific team he wants to play for and which is in on the deal. I would agree with those who see KC as the likely suspect.

On 10/12/2023 at 9:53 AM, Nephilim17 said:

Very interesting.

I've seen this idea of putting Rousseau inside before — is there evidence, from college or in the NFL, that he can win inside? Or is it all hypothetical at this point?

He would lineup on the inside fairly often in college and dominate.

He's done that to a lesser extent with Buffalo, but he's applied pressure from lining up inside.

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This.  Clark is cheap, can easily be added IF we want  (doubtful)   Also, call the Rams....

Von  Floyd  AD  ED  Clark  Greg  AJ

Rotate any combination of the above on 3rd downs.....  YES

NOBODY SAY ANYTHING!!! Let me live the dream for 30 seconds 

Why?

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

He would lineup on the inside fairly often in college and dominate.

He's done that to a lesser extent with Buffalo, but he's applied pressure from lining up inside.

Man, thinking about this...

Miller, Groot, Oliver, Floyd. That's one hell of third-down line... Even if Groot doesn't always bring pressure, I bet he'd swat a few balls. I'd love to see this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Im an optimist by nature and still am about this team.... but these BS tropes can die anytime. Nobody cares about this kinda shiz when we are prone to these awful performances every few games.  If we were 3rd and had the occasional blip of a game where we were inconsistent...... sure.  We didnt score on our first 8 possessions! Smoking the pants off the last 3 teams before Jax did nothing to help us win that game.

You can be the #3, and revert back to an average performance (avg per league standards) on the offense and still compete.... going out and looking like the Patriots offense in any game even once is unacceptable, and idgaf about "number 3 this". BE CONSISTENT. You cant afford to be top shelf, then plastic bottle well-drink every few games, and call yourself a top offense. Playoffs are not series, they are best of 1.

As teams get tougher each week, you cant lay a total egg on either side, expect the other side to lift you up, AND win a Super Bowl. 

We've seen our ceiling, its wonderful, magnificent even. We've seen our floor, too too much. Scoring 20 with Josh Allen, major L.  Going 3 and out all day, major L.  Going 3 and out repeatedly on a day (a week) where your defense has been absolutely rag-dolled with injuries, is UN-F******ACCEPTABLE

Dorsey didnt do his job towing the line. Bare minimum, at some point you call Josh over and say "hey this drive right here, go play madden if you need to, make something happen. we need first downs. we need some extra plays to get in a rhythm. we need extra plays so this defense can catch a breather"

We were never out of that game. We can not afford to lose those games right there.  An extra first down or two, literally one or two, and that game can finish completely different. 

#1 Go be a coordinator who can find a way to string together 2-3 first downs in a drive. Thats a very realistic expectation

#2 If you cant do that (just wow, im even saying that), GO TAKE THE GOVERNER OFF YOUR PRIZED RACECAR. Force a drive into existence, and see if that jump starts the team

I just want to say. Group B  Rally race cars had no limits. Foot to the floor all the time. Even when braking to drift the apex.

But i do not agree with you in this case. Play smart and use ALL your weapons.

Make the Defense come to you. Then crush their souls with a Free Allen scamper to the end zone.

We need a guy to make all that happen.

McD may have picked the wrong guy ..

7 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Groot, Floyd, Von, AJE, Shaq, Kingsley 

Frank might be an upgrade on the last 2 guys, in certain aspects.  

If we were to make a move, it would be at DT (1 tech).  See how Poona and Settle, play over the next few games.  I think we will be OK.

Might be ?

Likely so .

But Beane really needs to see what he has left and his health. devils in the details

Us fans cant see that

But a 85% Frank is still an asset imho

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If everyone stays healthy. 

I'd keep working that fastball. 

yep

if the majic 8 ball says yes ? Then i vote up AYE on Frank.

Cant have too many pass rushers. 
and yes he can move around 

so there :D

27 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I just want to say. Group B  Rally race cars had no limits. Foot to the floor all the time. Even when braking to drift the apex.

Make the Defense come to you. Then crush their souls with a Free Allen scamper to the end zone.

Might be ?

Likely so .

But Beane really needs to see what he has left and his health. devils in the details

Us fans cant see that

1. Depends on his asking price

2. We only dress 5 DEs on gameday.  

3. Shaq is well liked/locker room leader.  Is it worth disrupting to get a better DE5?

That's why I said Frank upgrades Shaq/Kingsley in "certain aspects".  Better player, no doubt, but there's tradeoffs to signing him.

I don't see it happening anyhow.  DE/pass rush is least of our concern right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

If the Bills could have gotten him by sending a late round pick next year (or even maybe the year after) but didn't then they are not in any way interested. If a late round pick couldn't have gotten it done even if they tried then maybe his release was part of the deal that saw him agree to reduce his compensation (and cost to Denver) to facilitate his going to a specific team he wants to play for and which is in on the deal. I would agree with those who see KC as the likely suspect.

Not if they can get him without giving up draft capital 🤷

8 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Man, thinking about this...

Miller, Groot, Oliver, Floyd. That's one hell of third-down line... Even if Groot doesn't always bring pressure, I bet he'd swat a few balls. I'd love to see this.

I think teams will be tempted to still run on 3rd down with this defense.  

I don’t want to get to the end of the year and we find out from Beane that Rousseau never was the same after the foot injury (like Gabe Davis and the ankle) or that Von is only 85% of what he was before the ACL after the fact, or that AJ Epenesa couldn’t sustain this pace he is on. 

Not when Clark can be had for $800K. 

If I was the Bills I would be in on that tomorrow and make a claim. 

We’re not done. The mission isn’t complete. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Might be ?

Likely so .

Us fans cant see that

ADD activated here but are you being literal here? lol thats actually wild

I know MotoGP guys have a version of this. sort of a drift to tighten their turning radius, and i believe the drive of the throttle and brake combined, keeps the suspension down in the sweet spot so that their forks/shocks arent standing the bike straight up

ive seen them live, im not a religious watcher but something to bond with my dad on, its really a cool sport, where the science is really cool to hear and think about too!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

ADD activated here but are you being literal here? lol thats actually wild

I know MotoGP guys have a version of this. sort of a drift to tighten their turning radius, and i believe the drive of the throttle and brake combined, keeps the suspension down in the sweet spot so that their forks/shocks arent standing the bike straight up

ive seen them live, im not a religious watcher but something to bond with my dad on, its really a cool sport, where the science is really cool to hear and think about too!

Yep.

Being literal. and yes you get it. Glad you and The Dad dig that stuff 👍

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

why not upgrade the 5th part of the rotation??  

Don’t we have other more pressing priorities for an upgrade that would occupy a roster spot?  I assume you would cut Shaq Lawson for Clark?  At that end of the rotation, would the loss of Shaq’s edge setting ability really be worth the small potential upgrade in pass rush of Clark on his (at best) 20 snaps per game.  I just don’t see the fit at this time.  A CB could be an upgrade, or an outside LB given the depth  chart at those positions, but DE is the strongest position group on the defense at this time, perhaps on the whole team. 

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Don’t we have other more pressing priorities for an upgrade that would occupy a roster spot?  I assume you would cut Shaq Lawson for Clark?  At that end of the rotation, would the loss of Shaq’s edge setting ability really be worth the small potential upgrade in pass rush of Clark on his (at best) 20 snaps per game.  I just don’t see the fit at this time.  A CB could be an upgrade, or an outside LB given the depth  chart at those positions, but DE is the strongest position group on the defense at this time, perhaps on the whole team. 

And prat tell where will these all come from ?

When someone of his quality is avaialble at a price we can afford ? You make the call and kick them tires

Period

Not an If Or question here i dont feel.

Now if we could get Surtain  Heck yes ! ! I would trade a good few players and a draft pick or two. Not happening though

So take what the good football Lords offers when it stares you in the face  LOL

13 hours ago, FLFan said:

I don't disagree that CB and possibly WR 2 is a more pressing need, and no, I'm not suggesting cutting Shaq for Clark.  But Clark over Johnathan makes sense to me.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.