Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It’s Dorsey dude, McD was getting decent defensive production out of Vickers and Ingram for Pete’s sake.

Dorsey may be a decent QB coach but that’s his ceiling. 

What is Dorsey supposed to do in a game like this?  Suit up and catch wide open passes on third down?   They were all over the run, all over the short throws, offensive line was collapsing before the deeper routes could develop, tons of holding calls wiping out big plays. Field position was terrible all game because while the defense fought admirably given the circumstances the jags were marching up and down the field and the only way we stopped them was forcing turnovers near the red zone 

We just didn’t make the easy plays that were there or that’s a much different game…the execution was terrible 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Suffer through? I think it is time to put things in perspective.  It’s just a sport dude..  unless you are on the payroll.

Of course it's a sport. Don't think the original poster implied otherwise.

As a Bills fan that was a brutal watch. Injuries were brutal too. It sure felt like I was watching the season slowly dwindling away. Am I the only one who felt this! 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The NFL teams who have already tried this many times, making this an apples to apples comparison to the Bills don't care about your oranges to apples comparison you are trying to make.

Maybe it should. If anything jet lag would affect athletes much more than it would me.

Edited by CodeMonkey

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Today is really depressing as a Bills fan. I can't help but feel like the season is lost or at least the SB hopes are. Big injuries continue to plague this team. 

Yep. Unless there is some unexpectedly positive news on these injuries , it seems they lost more than a game today. 

3 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Carrie Underwood cost Tony Romo a year.  Maybe Kelce falls in love, gets dumped, has Swift write a grammy-winning album about how awful he is, and his play goes to sh!t.  ;)

The Chiefs haven’t looked great lately . They sure do get some timely penalties called vs their opponents though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve talked about the body clock disadvantage all week. it’s a real thing and cost us. The Bills weren’t prepared they just hoped Sports science guy would wave his magic wand.  On Friday practice Josh and several guys had to drink coffee to stay alert and sports science guy made them stay up and not nap. whatever. it’s over. I hate London games.

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

I’m tired of this team losing.. your should be too.  Or maybe you love it and are content with it.  Either way, I feel that a Buffalo deserves better.  Maybe you are perfectly fine rooting for a loser.  I’m not.

Lol then it's easy go root for another team. I don't know what to tell you everyone wants to win a championship so don't act like you're the only one who wants that. No amount of female dogging will make this team any better or any worse. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What is Dorsey supposed to do in a game like this?  Suit up and catch wide open passes on third down?   They were all over the run, all over the short throws, offensive line was collapsing before the deeper routes could develop, tons of holding calls wiping out big plays. Field position was terrible all game because while the defense fought admirably given the circumstances the jags were marching up and down the field and the only way we stopped them was forcing turnovers near the red zone 

We just didn’t make the easy plays that were there or that’s a much different game…the execution was terrible 

In the fourth quarter he was STILL calling the stupid shotgun draw for Cook even though it was getting stuffed all day long. He REEKS.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I’m tired of this team losing.. your should be too.  Or maybe you love it and are content with it.  Either way, I feel that a Buffalo deserves better.  Maybe you are perfectly fine rooting for a loser.  I’m not.

The fact you have only 669 posts shows how many times the Bills have lost of late, considering you only appear after a defeat.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Maybe it should. If anything jet lag would affect athletes much more than it would me.

You are not considering the other factors that are equally as important like routine for practice and meetings and injury treatment facilities and the players being in their own beds for as long as possible.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Watching in person… the drops from people not named Diggs, are bad. The offensive game plan was just bad. The Jags literally did nothing special, were helped by the refs, but the Bills coaches called an awful game.

I have a different opinion.  That is a good Jacksonville team that was healthy and and is well coached.  There is no shame in losing to a good team in Jacksonville.   They played really well on defense.  

The issue is the injuries going forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Of course it's a sport. Don't think the original poster implied otherwise.

As a Bills fan that was a brutal watch. Injuries were brutal too. It sure felt like I was watching the season slowly dwindling away. Am I the only one who felt this! 

I flipped over an ottoman, almost cracking a over $2,000 acoustic guitar, when Milano went down because it felt like the end of the season. So yeah, I felt that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Diggs could have been led a bit toward the side line.  He was waiting

Guy throws the ball 50 yards and hits his best receiver in both hands, I'm not going to nitpick.

Also, I enjoy Josh not running recklessly, but while we are talking playcalling, I don't want many designed runs, but I think there are options to roll out that allow him to run outside the tackles if nobody is open.

And I will state this again. Josh initiating contact with a DB or hurdling someone outside the pocket is less of an injury risk than sitting in the pocket. Rough sport, and I'm would like him to be set up to have some options outside the pocket sometimes, and not put a Drew Bledsoe poster on his wall quite yet.

17 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Dude, you’re literally one of the most Chicken Little posters on TBD.  you thought the season was over before it started.  

For f’s sake the the season isn’t lost and injuries happen to every team.  Let it play out without overreacting every game. :beer: 

I hate when a poster comments on a newcam post. That’s the only time I have to see them. Ignore is this site’s best feature.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, sven233 said:

If we have learned anything over the last little while, it is that you can't just trust the science.

I said it earlier, while there is no perfect way to do this because it is totally ridiculous to be forced to fly half way around the world to play a football game in general, there was a much better way to have handle this.  We should have beaten Miami, left and arrived in England on Monday.  Had our traditional Tuesday off to recover and try to start acclimating to the time difference, and then had a somewhat normal week of practice starting Wednesday.  By game time, if nothing else, you would have been more prepared physically.  This is not to mention it would have given players more time to prepare for the stadium and the turf and what to have to wear to be as safe as possible. 

Instead, they waited.  No matter how much they won't admit it, when you have a big trip like that ahead of you, players are going to be overthinking it all week.  They knew the grind they were in for and instead of getting rid of that distraction early in the week, they let it weigh on their player's minds all week, distracting them from practice and learning the game plan. 

Regardless, these international games are absolutely insane and I hope it's a decade before we are forced to do it again.

Teams initially tried that. It went badly. Worse than when they did what the Bills did. Also disrupted every other thing they do...meetings, practices, injury treatments, etc.

Let's not pretend the Bills just made this up out of thin air, it's become standard practice because of how things went for the other teams when they went earlier.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

After reading replies on here it seems I'm the only poster here who developed a thick skin during the drought.

I mean someone here is toeing the line of calling a loss to the Giants

Major yike 

Lol we all know the concern crew would be crawling out of there holes after this loss. And like I said with this loss in the eyes of many we aren't even a wild card team, man this place is something else lol.

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Lol then it's easy go root for another team. I don't know what to tell you everyone wants to win a championship so don't act like you're the only one who wants that. No amount of female dogging will make this team any better or any worse. 

Right ? Not too many undefeated seasons put up in NFL history. If you’re expecting perfection over 18 games you’re bound to be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

After reading replies on here it seems I'm the only poster here who developed a thick skin during the drought.

I mean someone here is toeing the line of calling a loss to the Giants

Major yike 

After last week, it felt like the Bills were on the verge of something great. Now, this loss coupled with the injuries on defense, feels like another disappointing season. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Right ? Not too many undefeated seasons put up in NFL history. If you’re expecting perfection over 18 games you’re bound to be disappointed. 

I think the biggest annoyance is every issue which the Bills offense has had which, perhaps naively, many thought had been sorted out, has clearly not been. After making steps forward from week one (as that was on Josh, not playcalling), today feels like a massive step back.

ETA - Forgot to mention the horrendous injuries building up on defense.

Edited by UKBillFan

31 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Imo not really. There were definitely plays out there to be made and the Bills didn’t execute well. This was a lack of fundamentals, not elite plays by the Jags defense. 

C'mon man. You come off as a Bills homer with red & blue blinders on. I'm not saying that the Jags D is the 2nd coming of the Steel Curtain, but any unbiased observer can see that they held in check an offense that just last week was "unstoppable", and a QB that many are saying is an MVP caliber guy. 

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You are not considering the other factors that are equally as important like routine for practice and meetings and injury treatment facilities and the players being in their own beds for as long as possible.

Didn’t hurt the Jaguars being away from home for almost 3 weeks 

Just now, Bob Jones said:

C'mon man. You come off as a Bills homer with red & blue blinders on. I'm not saying that the Jags D is the 2nd coming of the Steel Curtain, but any unbiased observer can see that they held in check an offense that just last week was "unstoppable", and a QB that many are saying is an MVP caliber guy. 

They played KC well, too.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

After last week, it felt like the Bills were on the verge of something great. Now, this loss coupled with the injuries on defense, feels like another disappointing season. 

Agreed. I have to believe the outcome would have been different if the game had been played in Orchard Park, but so be it. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Today's result is on the lack of execution and some poor playcalls on offense plus the Jags defense being allowed to play fast and loose with the rules. It was not down to class play on their part.

Edited by UKBillFan
Fast and loose, not 'lose'
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.