Buffalo / Jacksonville 2nd half game thread

Simon

Just now, JerseyBills said:

This bothers me more than the Jets L . Both inferior teams but we had many disadvantages and the zebras and injuries were brutal. Feel like we beat them 9/10 times

Factoring out the injuries the Jets loss was far more sloppy and self inflicted. The circumstances surrounding the London game also allows me to write this off more.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the excuse Police with an excuse APB alert.

that’s right an Absolutely Poor Bullshyt

excuse alert for anyone saying we lost this game because we had to travel. 

gaurantee that no one in the Bills organization is going to get away with using that as an excuse. 
neither should the fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

That was ugly. Bills can’t run they can’t move the chains consistently. I like Cook but we gotta start the games with our tough runners that move forward. Someone gotta tell Dorsey the shotgun draw is our worst enemy 

He must think it's still the K-Gun days and we have Thurman back there.  Even in the old days, we didn't run out of the shotgun like Dorsey does.  We've got some power backs... let's use them when the sledding gets tough.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

go giants

Man would that be nice...but they are about to get trounced.  They have a terrible team this year and the Dolphins just got smacked.  Would love for it to happen but would also love the Bills to just take care of their own business so we don't have to always spend the whole season hoping for other teams to lose for us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Jets felt more like our players straight up choked and this game felt shady as hell and bothered me way more 

If I'm putting on my conspiracy theory hat, it is more beneficial for the Jags to win when in London, considering the NFL probably either wants to move them there or create a team there.  It's way better for the NFL if their "chosen" London team wins (no matter how it happens).

***conspiracy theory hat off***

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Jags stink. The 2 prior gms i saw them, they were brutal 

We got killed with penalties and injuries 

If this was a real home game, we dominate

I definitely think you're right about the real home game. The international travel and their not having to travel this week was a huge disadvantage. 

Jags defense came into this game 5th in EPA/play. They played well against the Chiefs too. Lawrence is a stud. Their skill players are good and their OL just got back their starting LT. Jags were bound to improve. They had some bad drops and red zone woes and I was expecting them to get right on some of that. Was just hoping not this week. I DO think the jet lag played into it some. But the Jags don't stink.

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I rewatched it. Diggs was being tackled and Cook was too close and sprinted past him by the time he was able to pitch the ball. 

I guess it depends if his knee was down, not that they bothered to review it.....***** surprise but the way everyone reacted including Diggs I'd say it's a pretty safe bet it wasn't.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

This is the excuse Police with an excuse APB alert.

that’s right an Absolutely Poor Bullshyt

excuse alert for anyone saying we lost this game because we had to travel. 

gaurantee that no one in the Bills organization is going to get away with using that as an excuse. 
neither should the fans.

It has never happened before that a team in London faced a team that played in London the week before. There were bad coaching decisions made but I can’t also say that there weren’t other factors that put the Bills in a bad spot.

3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Dorsey didn’t turn Josh loose early enough. Runs were unproductive for too long before change.  Our D played spectacular but ran out of juice (and players) at the end

And we continued to have great success throwing off of play-action from under center...then he puts him right back in shot gun.  Enough with the shot gun!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Dorsey didn’t turn Josh loose early enough. Runs were unproductive for too long before change.  Our D played spectacular but ran out of juice (and players) at the end

Bills were flat and not ready to play. That was clear. Why I'm not so sure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Dorsey reminds me a lot of Garrett in Dallas where the philosophy was that you don't need to be creative or adapt to the defense if you just execute 100% of the time. It's a great philosophy for high school but you can't be going entire halves of football without a first down in the pros. Where you target the defense has to change based on what they are doing. How you hide your intentions. How you call plays early to set up plays later. Just over and over with this guy he seems to just not adapt. Was Allen under center even once the entire game?

Edited by pigpen65
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I don't understand why Dorsey getting all the blame. Play calling was a part of the problem. So was penalties. So was Josh. So was Diggs. So was Gabe. So was run blocking. And despite some heroic stands by the defense, Elam was dreadful, and Jax kept getting first downs over the middle over and over. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't understand why Dorsey getting all the blame. Play calling was a part of the problem. So was penalties. So was Josh. So was Diggs. So was Gabe. So was run blocking. And despite some heroic stands by the defense, Elam was dreadful, and Jax kept getting first downs over the middle over and over. 

He gets the blame when they lose, but none of the credit when they win..

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Just a devastating loss because of Milano. More than just Ws and Ls. 

Long term this game dashes the Bills chances to hoist the Lombardi.

Bills couldn't afford to lose Milano. Those who think otherwise aren't being honest.

To be fair, you were singing the woes long before the season started, so we’ll see how it all plays out 🤣 🙄

Not that losing Milano (and apparently Tre) were awful, but the future exists only in the future… :beer: 

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think Harris and Murray need to be the primary RBs.   Cook is nothing more than a change of pace back.

Yeah no, I will say with the frequency the shotgun run up the middle is getting stuffed, is the play just legitimately stupid, is there just some tell that teams are picking up on? Either way maybe fix that or move away from it.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.