Goodbye BarBill, Hello Bar at Main and Hamlin.

Draconator

I'm at the Bar at Main and Hamlin. They are diagonally across the street from BarBill in East Aurora. The place is owned and operated by former BarBill employees.

Ladies and Gentlemen, their wings here and 100% far superior than anything BarBill can serve. About a 10 minute wait for a seat.

The hype is real. Go there and see for yourself

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm at the Bar at Main and Hamlin. They are diagonally across the street from BarBill in East Aurora. The place is owned and operated by former BarBill employees.

Ladies and Gentlemen, their wings here and 100% far superior than anything BarBill can serve. About a 10 minute wait for a seat.

I wasn't aware that a street was named after Damar Hamlin. Or is that coincidence?

25 minutes ago, Draconator said:

This is just how it is with every single mom and pop place

Every place is better than the last.. and the brightest and the best

Realistically there's not many bad chicken wing joints in the city.. better than the majority around the country

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Never heard of it. Did they open recently? 

I searched it after seeing the thread, and good lord the food looks good from the pictures. 

Far superior to bar bill is hard to believe given how good BB wings are. But I'm gonna have to check this place out soon and see for myself.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is just how it is with every single mom and pop place

Every place is better than the last.. and the brightest and the best

Realistically there's not many bad chicken wing joints in the city.. better than the majority around the country

This x1000000

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Process said:

Never heard of it. Did they open recently? 

I searched it after seeing the thread, and good lord the food looks good from the pictures. 

Far superior to bar bill is hard to believe given how good BB wings are. But I'm gonna have to check this place out soon and see for myself.

They opened around July 2023 I believe

12 hours ago, Draconator said:

Coincidence, but Damar's likeness is above the street sign

PXL_20231007_000203408~2.jpg

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Pony’s Irish Pub.  Middleport.

A joint/ aged bar and pub…oh boy, the wings though. 

Grape Jelly.  Most locals get the fingers.   Feel like its a little overrated but I grew up 10 minutes away and spent many a teenage years there.   Its also as dive as dive can get.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Savage. Pizza Hut wings are FAR superior 

My band has played Wingfest at Highmark Stadium the past two years. I have had award-winning wings from around the world. Some of the best wings I have had at Wingfest were from Popeyes. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

My band has played Wingfest at Highmark Stadium the past two years. I have had award-winning wings from around the world. Some of the best wings I have had at Wingfest were from Popeyes. 

You can’t tell anything from Wingfest except if you like a sauce. When I went all of the wings were cooked at a central location and sauced at the stalls. Not a good time if you like crispy wings. I’ll never go again. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 4

37 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I’ve heard making hidden valley ranch at home from the powder packet they sell at the grocery store is amazing. Never tried it though.

100% true. If you follow the home made recipe it’s more flavorful and creamy. I think it’s because if they made their authentic ranch it would sell less when healthy conscious buyers saw the fat content. 

50 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I have a co-worker that lives in East Aurora that was telling me the same thing.  Didn't know if he was just hyping it up a bit as it was "his" spot but now it is sounding legitimate.  Will have to check it out as I love Bar Bill so if this place blows BB away those have gotta be some pretty damn amazing wings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

You can’t tell anything from Wingfest except if you like a sauce. When I went all of the wings were cooked at a central location and sauced at the stalls. Not a good time if you like crispy wings. I’ll never go again. 

But because I'm in a band, I'm paid to go. So there's that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

I’ve been to that spot (family still in EA). It’s in the old bowling alley. Good wings. 

That's Misters, on the other side of the corner of Main and Hamlin. 

Just now, stinky finger said:

If the ranch didn't make you heave maybe going from 3-1 Sabres to 6-3 Penguins will.

Well, it is the pre-season

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.