Rousseau Injured Foot / Uniforms for Sunday (Question)

Never NEVER Give-up

18 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Does anyone know how Greg hurt his foot and/or on what play???

Also - does anyone know what uniforms the Bills will wear in GB?

Oliver fell and his knee landed on Greg's foot. Was early enough where he played a lot of snaps after the injury. Best case is a contusion/sprain. Worst case a fracture (would been a real tough it out performance if he fractured it and kept playing, but im sure its happened before)

Blue tops is all we officially know. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Simon changed the title to Rousseau Injured Foot / Uniforms for Sunday ???????????????????????
14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Oliver fell and his knee landed on Greg's foot. Was early enough where he played a lot of snaps after the injury.

Correct, with about 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and he played the rest of the game without issue. You can see it happen in this video, and you see Rousseau shake off his foot at the end:

https://www.veed.io/view/d002ac3f-27c1-4dbc-ac5f-87e4e9f2c082?panel=&sharingWidget=true

The injury is considered day to day and Rousseau’s status for Sunday is unknown.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, HappyDays said:

Correct, with about 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and he played the rest of the game without issue. You can see it happen in this video:

https://www.veed.io/view/d002ac3f-27c1-4dbc-ac5f-87e4e9f2c082?panel=&sharingWidget=true

The injury is considered day to day and Rousseau’s status for Sunday is unknown.

Good to see its minor even if he misses the game.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Good to see its minor even if he misses the game.

Yeah my source thinks it is more pain tolerance than anything else. McDermott mentioned in his presser today that Rousseau was very sore today. There are a lot of small bones in the foot so my best guess is one of them got bruised or sprained.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah my source thinks it is more pain tolerance than anything else. McDermott mentioned in his presser today that Rousseau was very sore today. There are a lot of small bones in the foot so my best guess is one of them got bruised or sprained.

Wait, is this the same source that said Von would be out until later in the season?

Just now, HappyDays said:

understandable...once you take off a shoe and let it swell up over a day or two, it can actually hurt worse than when it happened since you have adrenaline, all that tape compressing it and keeping it from swelling and the shoe on as well...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Just now, Doc said:

Wait, is this the same source that said Von would be out until later in the season?

Not later in the season. I was told it was definite Von would be out at least the first 4 games because he suffered a compensation injury in the hamstring on the opposite leg as the ACL tear. It was a minor setback but it made it a sure thing that he would be on PUP.

This source told me on Monday about Rousseau's foot injury which I posted in the Tre White thread. Today we got a little more clarity and luckily it doesn't appear to be anything serious. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

43 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Did the addition of "????????????????????????????????" make the subject line less ambiguous?

That's me.

When somebody asks questions and can't be bothered to put a question mark, I feel like it annoys folks who go into a thread looking for info. So I add a Q mark or two to help them out.

It seems to work as we don't get many repeat offenders. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not later in the season. I was told it was definite Von would be out at least the first 4 games because he suffered a compensation injury in the hamstring on the opposite leg as the ACL tear. It was a minor setback but it made it a sure thing that he would be on PUP.

This source told me on Monday about Rousseau's foot injury which I posted in the Tre White thread. Today we got a little more clarity and luckily it doesn't appear to be anything serious. 

Did he say anything about Poyer's injury and what it looks like with Von in terms of when he will return to the lineup?  I know the Bills have 21 days from today to activate him from the PUP list before they have to make a roster move and IR him, which would seem unlikely.  Just a matter of how much time they use of that 21 day window in terms of bringing him back I would imagine.

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

That's me.

When somebody asks questions and can't be bothered to put a question mark, I feel like it annoys folks who go into a thread looking for info. So I add a Q mark or two to help them out.

It seems to work as we don't get many repeat offenders. :devil:

You need to get that key fixed...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

That's me.

It seems to work as we don't get many repeat offenders. :devil:

OK, I see that. But rather than annoying the whole group by adding ??????????????????????????? to a subject line (making it look like a LAMP), why not just add one question mark and send a PM to the offending party?

Edited by WhoTom

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

OK, I see that. But rather than annoying the whole group by adding ??????????????????????????? to a subject line (making it look like a LAMP), why not just add one question mark and send a PM to the offending party?

Partly because it's easier and partly because I get enough flak for asking people to do/not do stuff and didn't want to add more FU's to my inbox.

Didn't realize it was annoying. I'll stop

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Rousseau Injured Foot / Uniforms for Sunday (Question)
35 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, if he isn't on the roster for 3 more games and then maybe doesn't play or is on a pitch count, isn't that later enough for ya?

He'll be back this weekend, next at the latest.  And putting him on the PUP list to start the season was going to happen regardless.

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Just don't ever go all Dunkirk Don on us HappyDays. We'll trust you until then. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

He'll be back this weekend, next at the latest.  And putting him on the PUP list to start the season was going to happen regardless.

This is what I said in early August:

Von Miller apparently has a grade 2 strain (tear) to his upper left leg (not the same leg as his ACL tear).

This was described to me as a "compensation injury," i.e. he likely injured it because of overcompensating for the opposite leg of the ACL tear.

I was told it will put him back "a little bit, not months." My source says this almost certainly rules out a week 1 return but week 6 is still potentially in play. Most likely scenario is he will be put on PUP to start the season and the treatment will just be general rest and rehab to the affected area.

It was not always guaranteed that he would start on PUP. It was a clean ACL tear with no MCL damage and his recovery went as well as it could have. There was some optimism he could come back earlier than expected, until he suffered that upper leg injury.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is what I said in early August:

It was not always guaranteed that he would start on PUP. It was a clean ACL tear with no MCL damage and his recovery went as well as it could have. There was some optimism he could come back earlier than expected, until he suffered that upper leg injury.

I think Von playing the first month would have been optimistic whether he (allegedly) suffered the other injury or not.  He is barely 10 months removed from the ACL injury as it stands.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Oliver fell and his knee landed on Greg's foot. Was early enough where he played a lot of snaps after the injury. Best case is a contusion/sprain. Worst case a fracture (would been a real tough it out performance if he fractured it and kept playing, but im sure its happened before)

Blue tops is all we officially know. 

Blue tops and no bottoms?? We're gonna be watching a bunch of wankers out there.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Looking ahead the Bills will continue with the blue jerseys in week 6 against the Giants. The Giants are going back to their old look with the word "GIANTS" across the helmet. Per the uniform gridiron database page. The Giants already posted their uniforms for Buffalo. 

2023_NYG_B.png

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Looking ahead the Bills will continue with the blue jerseys in week 6 against the Giants. The Giants are going back to their old look with the word "GIANTS" across the helmet. Per the uniform gridiron database page. The Giants already posted their uniforms for Buffalo. 

2023_NYG_B.png

Which makes one wonder if maybe we're throwing back for that SNF game too...

6a82e51bbe252f5d7d0cdf7f015861cb.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Must've hurt his foot kicking Dolphin ass.

Here is the London uniform:

image.png.ec24bcdf4d93a48ebc522bba9905c07e.png

Sorry, the real answer is, I have no idea.

Before I determine if I'd like that to be alternate uniform I'd need to see them with helmets on.

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Sure we're not going with the red color rush and furry guardian caps?

628ceb69b0a8be0018604ab8?width=1300&form

Those are for fans died blue with horns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Didn’t your source say McGovern would miss the first couple of weeks.  How good is it with all due respect?

I’d be very surprised if Von plays.

If he does, it has to be very limited snaps, like 6-10.

Personally I’d like him to sit until next week a the earliest. I don’t see any reason to risk him on turf against an opponent we should be able to handle without him.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.