Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

16 hours ago, stevewin said:

This whole thing is different, but brings back memories of what happened a couple years ago with the Carolina Hurricanes "girl reporter".   She was local, went to NC State, started as the in-arena host for promos and stuff, then worked her way up to pre/post game host.  She was universally looooooved - people were already preparing for the day she would be lost to national coverage.  Then it came out she had an affair with one of the (married) players (was enaged to one of the NC State assistant football coaches at the time) - and just like that her career was over.  I understand different circumstances but crazy how sometimes things can turn in a blink of an eye.  

Despicable! Whats her name so I dont look her up by accident

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

get rid of McD over Maddy.  McD totally had no clue what was going on with Diggs at the beginning of the season, not to mention all the other McD issues.  

Diggs tweets do not display anything wrong with Maddy, he was minorly upset but not that upset.  

HOLY HOT TAKE! LOL

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Is this a "mad" pun like shes mad? or is he chiming in like she sucks? 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

She seems to be a pretty privileged and entitled young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives off a certain vibe with the players off camera that they might not appreciate.

Her ego was evident from the get go, particularly when interviewing players.

Surely they sensed it and to their credit overlooked it. 

She was quite comfortable skewering Diggs without any apparent prompting.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm not sure how it all works but I think if we get this thread to 50 pages the Bills will sign Maddy Glab. 

Can she play MLB ? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

"he'll look at my face and say F-U, that's how he treats everybody"..  I mean, I don't have anything against Maddy Glab, but that's the kind of thing you say over a plate of wings in a bar while talking to a friend.  You can't risk saying that in the media room.  There are hot mics all over the place in media settings as many broadcasters have found out over the years..

So anyway, if what she said there is an embellished lie, then I think she will no longer be involved on the Bills media team.  And from Diggs' reaction, it seems like he never approached her in that way.

I’ve never really been a fan of Maddie’s work, but people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. 

First off, she never knew she was being recorded and second what she says was hyperbole.  

It was an exaggerated joke almost in a self-deprecating way, like she is not big enough for a superstar to listen to her request. 

Tim Graham was spot on here…Stef should have just let this die.  Instead commenting on this situation directly just drew more attention to it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Her ego was evident from the get go, particularly when interviewing players.

Surely they sensed it and to their credit overlooked it. 

Hmm so you think Maddy who works for the Bills has fun jerking Diggs around? Seriously? She’s like one of the lowest level employees. Little Dirty tells you exactly what the truth is. It’s egg shells with the diva WR.  She was either joking or telling the truth. She’s telling the truth. Obviously a mistake on her part to be on hot mic. 
He throws the ball to kids so therefore he’s cool with the team media?  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Check out Maddy's IG. She seems to be a pretty privileged and entitled young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives off a certain vibe with the players off camera that they might not appreciate. And while the first part of her hot mic statement clearly seemed to be a joke in response to what came before it, she crossed the line by saying Diggs "treats everyone that way."  Diggs has a right to be pissed, but for the sake of reducing drama and unneeded distractions, I wish he would have taken the adult route and addressed it with her face-to-face. It would have been easy enough to say, "Maddy, I heard what you said, and I didn't appreciate it.  I try to treat people with respect, and I don't believe I've ever treated you this way."  They could have had a conversation and both come out of it better for it.  Then again, Glab is an idiot both for saying what she did and then for apologizing immediately on Twitter.  Always do these things in person, not over some stupid social media platform that makes it look like you're just trying to save face with the public.  Public retractions never work out for these folks in the end.  It just forever memorializes their misdeeds.  If work needs to be done, do it in private.

Why is she privileged??? Because she has a career ? She’s white ? A certain vibe? The Bills control every aspect of her reporting. Her job is to do puff pieces on the players. Diggs apparently is a huge pain in the ass. Despite his so offended post. He could have buried this immediately. And he chose to make it worse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I’ve never really been a fan of Maddie’s work, but people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. 

First off, she never knew she was being recorded and second what she says was hyperbole.  

It was an exaggerated joke almost in a self-deprecating way, like she is not big enough for a superstar to listen to her request. 

Tim Graham was spot on here…Stef should have just let this die.  Instead commenting on this situation directly just drew more attention to it

Tim Graham? That fool would be so butt hurt and make a huge stink if Diggs was caught saying something about it him. 

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not sure, though she strikes me as having more of a WR skill set.

Probably in the slot…,

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

According to everything he's posted:

Stef should let it go, yet he's been using it as nonstop Twitter content for 2 days.

Timmy says He's perfectly fine to say what he wants about it even though it doesn't involve him in the least, but the person the joke was aimed at should have been silent. What a self entitled hypocrite. 

Sorry, but Stef has been trying to fix his narrative for what seem like years. If there is even a CHANCE that people will get the opinion he's not a pleasant person or he's rude or obnoxious he has every damn right to speak out on his own behalf. Her comment was public. Accidentally public or not. He has the right to defend himself in the same space. 

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Huge lost oppty for TE joke

My choice still fit the same genre.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

But Diggs is a professional football player.  His job is beating man coverage and finding soft spots in zones.  He's responding to Glab on social media with the same off-the-cuff attitude that most average people would have.

Tim Graham is also drawing attention to this issue and refusing to let it die by posting about it.  And unlike Diggs, Tim Graham knows exactly what he's doing.  It is literally his job to understand the media landscape and choose what's newsworthy and what isn't.  By covering this, he's making sure that it stays front and center.  This is why people hate journalists.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

According to everything he's posted:

Stef should let it go, yet he's been using it as nonstop Twitter content for 2 days.

Timmy says He's perfectly fine to say what he wants about it even though it doesn't involve him in the least, but the person the joke was aimed at should have been silent. What a self entitled hypocrite. 

Sorry, but Stef has been trying to fix his narrative for what seem like years. If there is even a CHANCE that people will get the opinion he's not a pleasant person or he's rude or obnoxious he has every damn right to speak out on his own behalf. Her comment was public. Accidentally public or not. He has the right to defend himself in the same space. 

My choice still fit the same genre.

Well said!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Some People commenting on Twitter, many with female pics and handles speculate that because she is a privileged white lady, the Bills will accept her apology when she probably should be shown the door.  This take is patently absurd.  So if she was a minority girl with a rough upbringing the Bills would have fired her already? Who thinks like this?!? Why?!? people are so obsessed with race it amazes me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Check out Maddy's IG. She seems to be a pretty privileged and entitled young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives off a certain vibe with the players off camera that they might not appreciate. And while the first part of her hot mic statement clearly seemed to be a joke in response to what came before it, she crossed the line by saying Diggs "treats everyone that way."  Diggs has a right to be pissed, but for the sake of reducing drama and unneeded distractions, I wish he would have taken the adult route and addressed it with her face-to-face. It would have been easy enough to say, "Maddy, I heard what you said, and I didn't appreciate it.  I try to treat people with respect, and I don't believe I've ever treated you this way."  They could have had a conversation and both come out of it better for it.  Then again, Glab is an idiot both for saying what she did and then for apologizing immediately on Twitter.  Always do these things in person, not over some stupid social media platform that makes it look like you're just trying to save face with the public.  Public retractions never work out for these folks in the end.  It just forever memorializes their misdeeds.  If work needs to be done, do it in private.

I really don't want to get in here but I suppose.

"Privileged and entitled young woman" based on her IG?  Say what?  Because she posts photos of what?  A vacation in France?  Her wedding?  GTFO.  Yes, she is privileged (as are many of us) to have an education and a good job and a life partner with a good job such that we can afford to take a vacation in Europe.  But entitled? Because she completed an education and took a series of improving jobs ending with the Bills?

C'mon Man that's weak sauce. 

I don't like her as a reporter, that's fair of me - I can look at her features and find them inane and listen to her questions during interviews, and think she's "meh" as a reporter (I can't even remember Brown or Tasker asking a question though, so....).  I can listen to that media clip and think "oh, no, Maddy, shouldn't have gone there." 

But looking at a personal Insta feed that is just like zillions of other Insta feeds of young working professionals then feeding the ad hominem "privileged and entitled" - seriously?

Regarding Diggs.  Someone in the media told me that starting in mid-December, Diggs was bailing out on the locker room prior to his media obligations, and refusing requests to be interviewed, and the Bills weren't forcing it even though it violated NFL policy and the CBA - culminating in Diggs leaving before media after the Bengals game and being a no-show on locker clean out.  So there is credible basis for the notion that Diggs gonna do what Diggs want to do, and if he doesn't want to do it, he's not gonna be persuaded by anyone in the media, including Maddy Glab. 

I'm sure Diggs is polite to the cafeteria workers and the maintenance workers.  I'm sure after the off-season and mini-camp media kerfluffle, he and his team of PR people and agents do not want any flare-ups unfavorable to him, so it makes sense that they stomped on it with big boots.  But based on the above, I find it totally credible that Diggs would diss off someone fetching him for an interview and I don't find it un-credible that he might use locker room language in the locker room.

I'd just like to point this out from Diggs that I didn't see above.

https://x.com/stefondiggs/status/1702430280320217257?s=20

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

I see it differently.  I think her comments struck her as unremarkable because 'it is how it is'.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

Social media is ruining civilized society. 

Can't say anything without being offensive.  Can't do anything without pissing someone off.  

Maddy didn't do anything wrong.  Diggs is the man regardless.

Also sick of the "who's best" memes, referencing obscure, cherry-picked stats.  The bashing and name calling is too much.

Wish we could just get back to freaking football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

To be even more honest i don’t think anything is necessarily off in the building, yes they were all bummed losing in the playoffs again but it’s a new year.  i think what’s off is mostly dealing with Diggs and his personality. It’s exhausting to everyone. Allen has had to deal with it, McDermott, I’m sure Beane and some other teammates and people probably have to walk on eggshells around him. What we hear on the outside is prob a fraction of the real truth.  Anyway,  Just catch TDs and make us all happy.  
And i’ve already stated that Maddy is a moron for saying that in the media room and she’s definitely paying for it with her reputation.  She’s probably upset beyond belief that she’s a headline.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Terrible take. 

Don't talk ***** about a fellow employee if you want to stay employed. especially if said employed is way more valuable to the org than you are. 

Tim Graham is the worst and should take his own advise, yet he keeps posting about it like a child. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 3

23 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

The dumb thing she said that is much harder to pass off as a joke is "thats how he treats everybody"

Some will say this is stretching it, but in essence she said in a matter of fact way that she thinks he’s an a-hole to everybody.

Granted, she didn’t expect that to reach Digg’s ear, and nationwide sports social media, but it did and there’s no way she can refute it.

She’s damaged goods at OBD.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Social media is ruining civilized society. 

Can't say anything without being offensive.  Can't do anything without pissing someone off.  

Maddy didn't do anything wrong.  Diggs is the man regardless.

Also sick of the "who's best" memes, referencing obscure, cherry-picked stats.  The bashing and name calling is too much.

Wish we could just get back to freaking football.

There’s definitely a “pile on effect” on social media.  People are so desperate to be “in” they’ll say anything and turn into the loudest, rudest, jackasses just to be a part of something 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nester said:

Terrible take. 

Don't talk ***** about a fellow employee if you want to stay employed. especially if said employed is way more valuable to the org than you are. 

Tim Graham is the worst and should take his own advise, yet he keeps posting about it like a child. 

I listened to the video several times and it sure sounded like she was joking.  People do this at work with co-workers all of the time. They embellish the reactions and scenarios for effect.  Most of use don’t call this “talking ***”. Everyone does it. 

My “advise” to you - think about this a little harder Nestor 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I listened to the video several times and it sure sounded like she was joking.  People do this at work with co-workers all of the time. They embellish the reactions and scenarios for effect.  Most of use don’t call this “talking ***”. Everyone does it. 

My “advise” to you - think about this a little harder Nestor 

What is there to think about? she disrespected the character of a more valuable co worker behind his back and got busted for it in a ***** way. He responded that it effected him negatively. 

Her time here is over.  I don't plan on thinking about it much more at all beyond my silly typo which will keep me up at night. 

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Some People commenting on Twitter, many with female pics and handles speculate that because she is a privileged white lady, the Bills will accept her apology when she probably should be shown the door.  This take is patently absurd.  So if she was a minority girl with a rough upbringing the Bills would have fired her already? Who thinks like this?!? Why?!? people are so obsessed with race it amazes me.

Who cares what those commenters think?

10 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

What makes you think that?

Sadly I see no evidence of things trending in that direction 

Yeah if it were to ever happen it would be long after we're all dead and after society is rebuilt post-apocalypse. 

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Who cares what those commenters think?

Yeah if it were to ever happen it would be long after we're all dead and after society is rebuilt post-apocalypse. 

It would only ever happen if social media platforms went away...which is never happening.  This is the new norm for this World :(

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

"Privileged and entitled young woman" based on her IG?  Say what?  Because she posts photos of what?  A vacation in France?  Her wedding?  GTFO.  Yes, she is privileged (as are many of us) to have an education and a good job and a life partner with a good job such that we can afford to take a vacation in Europe.  But entitled? Because she completed an education and took a series of improving jobs ending with the Bills?

C'mon Man that's weak sauce. 

But looking at a personal Insta feed that is just like zillions of other Insta feeds of young working professionals then feeding the ad hominem "privileged and entitled" - seriously?

You're right, BW.  That was pretty whack on my part.  I'll own that.  I don't know this young woman. She could be a wonderful, delightful person.  Also, I'm probably just old and out of touch, since 90% of the Instagram pages I've seen make me cringe. 

22 minutes ago, Nester said:

What is there to think about? she disrespected the character of a more valuable co worker behind his back and got busted for it in a ***** way. He responded that it effected him negatively. 

Her time here is over.  I don't plan on thinking about it much more at all beyond my silly typo which will keep me up at night. 

That’s the problem…you AREN’T thinking about this much.  It was a joke - she didn’t disrespect anyone and if that is going to affect Diggs negatively, we’re in trouble as Bills fans.  This was a nothing burger 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

That’s the problem…you AREN’T thinking about this much.  It was a joke - she didn’t disrespect anyone and if that is going to affect Diggs negatively, we’re in trouble as Bills fans.  This was a nothing burger 

He/she/it is just trying to Virtue Signal.   

Most know this is a non issue in 95% of situations and want to paint themselves as better than someone else. 

folks pretend they never do anything wrong or say anything that might be considered rude/disrespectful etc when they do this. It is annoying and unrealistic.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Agreed, but Id have more sympathy if she was a real reporter instead of the paid mouthpiece of the team.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.