Week 2 Bills vs Raiders Home Opener!

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Wtaf is all this.

A meltdown.

Anyone else remember before last season when a LOT of people here were screaming about us needing to sign Jones....then we ended up with Von?

Could you imagine this meltdown hitting right now had the Bills gone the Jones route instead?

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/15/2023 at 2:20 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

2 big parts of the Raider team will not suit up Sunday.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot is up with Chandler Jones?

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/09/former-syracuse-football-star-calls-out-raiders-owner-after-being-ruled-out-vs-buffalo-bills.html

“I wish (team owner) Mark Davis told the people why I really can’t play,” Jones said on Friday afternoon. “I think I know why, but I want y’all to ask him.”

Jones added, “I wish I could play with my brothers, but Marky Mark (Davis) is holding a huge secret that only I know! That’s why I was asking for my protection. Sorry if I sound scared because I’m not lol. When I found out I was lol.”

Jones added that he’s willing to share the secret if he doesn’t get to play soon.

Kind of sounding a bit "Incognito" (if you know what I mean)

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just looked at the schedule, I cannot believe that after our October 1st game with the Dolphins, the Bills play only 2 more 1pm games through December 31st.

That is an absolutely insane mix of primetime games and featured late games. This also could increase if they end up getting flexed into a primetime game somewhere along the way.

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Whisky Tango Foxtrot is up with Chandler Jones?

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/09/former-syracuse-football-star-calls-out-raiders-owner-after-being-ruled-out-vs-buffalo-bills.html

Kind of sounding a bit "Incognito" (if you know what I mean)

Maybe he is trying to get with Chandler Jones Mom and blowing her up on Instagram??

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Just looked at the schedule, I cannot believe that after our October 1st game with the Dolphins, the Bills play only 2 more 1pm games through December 31st.

That is an absolutely insane mix of primetime games and featured late games. This also could increase if they end up getting flexed into a primetime game somewhere along the way.

That's what happens when you become a top team.  It does seem crazy though. Personally, I prefer 1pm Sunday games. While I like being primetime because it's pretty cool being that team, I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate waiting for the game.

3 minutes ago, Fallser said:

Many teams start 2 linebackers these days, us included - of course the long ball is going to be brought back to earth. The question is, can we adjust or just let Josh keep chucking it 25+ yards every throw....?

He doesn't chuck it 25 yard every throw. He was doing fine a d being patient. His issue is if they aren't blowing teams out and scoring tons of points he tries to amplify it and tries to score on every drive with a bomb at some point.

He needs to continue being patient and understand the game flow.

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

honestly, I expect neither.

I’ve lost trust and belief in this team

I’d like to be proven wrong.

Same

they havent played a complete game since ten and pit at home Early last season. Kc was a good game but McKenzie threw up on himself in red zone 

since then. They play well for a quarter or a half and then the rest of the game looks painful and really hard . Both sides. Mostly the offense.

they look lost 

Edited by balln
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

A meltdown.

Anyone else remember before last season when a LOT of people here were screaming about us needing to sign Jones....then we ended up with Von?

Could you imagine this meltdown hitting right now had the Bills gone the Jones route instead?

I get that but that logic is flawed because you don't know how Jones would have worked out in Buffalo. Totally different situation. 

Secondly, the Von pick up hasn't produced much fruit due to his injury. So far the pick up of Von and the risks associated with it make the deal look less than favorable at the moment. 

Hopefully Von comes back and is healthy and can stay healthy. He will make everyone on the Dline better. He's a game changer and that's a great thing. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that but that logic is flawed because you don't know how Jones would have worked out in Buffalo. Totally different situation. 

Secondly, the Von pick up hasn't produced much fruit due to his injury. So far the pick up of Von and the risks associated with it make the deal look less than favorable at the moment. 

Hopefully Von comes back and is healthy and can stay healthy. He will make everyone on the Dline better. He's a game changer and that's a great thing. 

I don’t think this is exactly true

Whenever you take a look at the amount of sacks of the bills were putting up whenever Von Miller was healthy and how it affected the rest of the Defense. I do believe we were one of the highest rated teams for sacks in the league while he was playing.

Yes, he did get hurt. It’s a gamble with a player of his age but it’s a gamble that was worth taking.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think this is exactly true

Whenever you take a look at the amount of sacks of the bills were putting up whenever Von Miller was healthy and how it affected the rest of the Defense. I do believe we were one of the highest rated teams for sacks in the league while he was playing.

Yes, he did get hurt. It’s a gamble with a player of his age but it’s a gamble that was worth taking.

I liked that Beane went out and get a game changer. I'm not going to pretend like I didn't like the pick up. 

It was a calculated gamble. Hard to know what kind of Von the Bills get when he returns. Hard to predict injuries. I think what's known is he makes the Bills defense much better. Come playoff time, a healthy Von certainly gives the Bills s better chance to go further. 

I will be disappointed if he's not available come playoff time. I think he's that important to the D. 

• Eyeroll 1

Before I say this, I’m acknowledging that we probably won’t do it. Today is the day to stop this constant Nickel BS. Look I like Tarron Johnson. The guy is good at what he does. You want him on every 3rd down? Fine….we have 3 fast cover LBs. The reason every physical team dominates us is because we NEVER come off of Nickel. Put 3 LBs on the field against this team. 58/43/42. All of those guys can run and all of these guys can cover. We will lose almost noting in coverage and also gain so much against the run. These LBs give us a unique advantage whereas we almost don’t need a NB. These guys are all capable of covering at a high level. We should be the team in the league that plays the least Nickel, not the most.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Before I say this, I’m acknowledging that we probably won’t do it. Today is the day to stop this constant Nickel BS. Look I like Tarron Johnson. The guy is good at what he does. You want him on every 3rd down? Fine….we have 3 fast cover LBs. The reason every physical team dominates us is because we NEVER come off of Nickel. Put 3 LBs on the field against this team. 58/43/42. All of those guys can run and all of these guys can cover. We will lose almost noting in coverage and also gain so much against the run. These LBs give us a unique advantage whereas we almost don’t need a NB. These guys are all capable of covering at a high level. We should be the team in the league that plays the least Nickel, not the most.

Last week when Rapp substituted for Taron, we gave up big plays.  Rapp didn’t look good.  Taron is one of our top defenders.  Our D wasn’t issue.  They will fine tune after one week of football 

Edited by Pete
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’ll go one step further. Put 5 freaking ppl on the DL. Vary the front ! For the love of god 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Last week when Rapp substituted for Taron, we gave up big plays.  Rapp didn’t look good.  Taron is one of our top defenders.  Our D wasn’t issue.  They will fine tune after one week of football 

Rapp sucks. Such a bad signing

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

honestly, I expect neither.

I’ve lost trust and belief in this team

I’d like to be proven wrong.

You’ve lost trust an d belief in this team because one player decided to give the game away?  

back to madden!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nah our Defense wasn’t the issue but I’m tired of not being able to stop the run. Being in pass defense as an everydown defense is why. This is not the team to mess around with run wise. They are going to line up and run it, with a FB until we should we can stop it and tackle. And you absolutely don’t want to get back on skates getting run over then let Adams get open behind it on play action. Put 3 LBs on the field and stop the run

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.