Josh Allen since the KC win last season….22 TD’s and 16 INT’s.

Beast

14 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/nfl/news-he-s-committed-game-josh-allen-s-poor-work-ethic-resulted-tense-situation-stefon-diggs-claims-jason-whitlock

I mean you can continue to believe josh is better than burrow. But come end of season and playoff time, Joe has been more clutch, more efficient and smoked josh last year…twice. 

the game where damar got hurt, it was looking ugly early (just like the playoff game)

Jason Whitlock? He also claimed Diggs wanted out of Buffalo as there wasn't enough strip joints.

The crusher of this stat line is that most of those INT’s are of the completely unnecessary and boneheaded variety. 

Josh isn’t just throwing balls that get tipped and picked off or falling for some crazy disguised coverages… he’s been throwing balls that don’t have to be thrown into blatantly obvious double and triple coverage. 

I mean what the heck man… 

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No. If Josh cannot play better we can't win a Championship. It isn't just that he hasn't been elite since that game.... he has been a decison making mess at times and a turnover machine. I'm worried. I hated his body language in the playoff game and I hated it last night too. Playing like he is in a daze.

I am so disgusted by that red-cheeked, deer-in-the-headlights look where it's painfully obvious that he just doesn't have what it takes mentally. I've seen it enough.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Simon said:

Did you want him to lay down?

That's not going to happen.

Nor should it.

Yes it absolutely should , it’s football 101 that your starting $250M QB should try to avoid taking unnecessary hits. Especially when the play is dead.

josh preached all off-season he needed to change , that okay right there is what he was talking about.  

5 hours ago, Simon said:

On 3rd down?

Late in a tight game against a division rival?

**** that.

In first week? In a game you are leading. Hell yea he needs to get down there. 

we ain’t talking about trying to extend a play by scrambling behind the line, he was taking risk for zero probability of reward. 

It’s stinkin thinkin, plain and simple. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I don’t want to give up on josh, but is it time to maybe consider trading him and drafting a QB this off-season?

I know this is a knee jerk reaction. But based on last year and last night, it can’t be ruled out IMO

Way too early for that.  He has another 3 seasons, at least, before Beane would even let that thought cross his mind.  

I'd clean house well before I got rid of Allen.  That's for sure. 

Cheating has major karma consequences.  We need someone to cheat with his new girlfriend so we can reverse the curse. 

but he was awful but did lead them down the field at the end of regulation. I think he gets that hero ball thing in him where the best qbs let other players be the hero. He doesn’t need to do the mash all the buttons play every play. 

Teams that can get a ton of pressure with 4 and stay disciplined enough to plug up his running lanes are always gonna give him trouble..I think he’s just gotta learn to turn into a game manager in those situations. 

unfortunately for us we’ve seen it twice in a row now with the bengals and jets.  
this team just doesn’t seem built well to overcome that, feels like we were only focusing on the chiefs then a bunch of other teams came up with really disciplined defenses. The no running game is an absolute killer 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm not worried about Burrow's mental state.  If you lose it mentally as a quarterback you're toast.  

I don’t disagree with that, but I’m not sure Allen is there either.  He’s got a lot of talent around him, he’s going to have big games and get right too.  Ive seen all the greats have 4+ turnover games and it didn’t change them forever.  

Bengals game was a team wide flop.  Last night was Allen just pressing too much.  I think he was trying too hard to change the narrative and when Allen presses he makes poor decisions.

He needs to control his competitiveness where he tries to be Superman all the time and realize it’s better to take what’s there.

I do have concerns about Dorsey though, Allen just doesn’t seem to playing as free and instinctively as he was before Dorsey

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Seriously… wth was that? He looked like he was jumping in a pool at club med.

Yeah, I immediately said to my friends here “WTF, he said all off season he was gonna stop that and here he is”.  

I love Allens heart and leaving it all on the line mentality…but stuff like that is so unnecessary and he needs to just avoid.  

When it happened, I said I think he did it to avoid fumbling as he wasn’t protecting the ball and it was like he went over the top to keep the ball from potentially getting knocked out of his hands.  Which is in itself it’s own problem if why where he doesn’t properly protect the ball when running 

Teams figured him. Keep him in pocket with pressure up the middle as best you can.  Keep a spy. He’s not that good of a pure pocket QB, i swear he doesn’t process as quickly as the great QBs. so much success is throwing on the move and running.

• Agree 1

Stop passing so much. Get under center, get Gilliam on the field with both TEs. Stop running shotgun every ***** down. Stop trying to play spread air raid ***** football…we have a 6’5 260lb QB that can run like a truck. Stop using him in the way we are using him. Don’t give the guy 35 throws a game to throw picks. Keep it simple and keep the offense rolling downhill with big physical sets. Change the way we play the game please. This will never work. We are not going to out pass Mahomes. You got to look in a mirror. We need to be way more of the Eagles.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.